Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:04:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Weed / Realpolitik / Crypto / Civil Asset Forefeiture and Any Other Chosen Topic  (Read 18921 times)
BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 11:41:31 PM

Yeah, that was a really large position to accumulate in an 18 hour period...

Hope he / she holds it for awhile. Further scarcity will drive up the price!

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 04:30:29 AM

https://blockchain.info/address/1sCHh9zH7g1yx7S4h4qJ9uqxCDLNm7Lke

this wallet belonged to a hacker
BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 01:54:15 AM

Thought this was good!

SgtMoth

buy silver!

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:36:56 AM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-14/case-closed-deutsche-bank-confirms-silver-market-manipulation-legal-settlement-agree

Deutsche Bank Confirms Silver Market Manipulation In Legal Settlement, Agrees To Expose Other Banks
SgtMoth

buy silver!

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 06:24:24 PM

'Gold-Fix Cartel': How Western Banks Were Caught With Pants Down

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/analysis/20160419/1038265226/gold-deutsche-bank-manipulation.html#ixzz46fwBD1CB
SgtMoth

buy silver!

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 06:27:49 PM

https://srsroccoreport.com/continued-financial-market-deterioration-impacts-gold-eagle-sales-in-a-big-way/

Continued Financial Market Deterioration Impacts Gold Eagle Sales In A Big Way
FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 09:41:46 PM

Here's a good reason why all money should be digital.

So my fucking dog eats about 79 cents (US) in coins the other day and has zinc poisoning. Today he's sick, listless, puking, peeing, shitting all over the house.   For less than $1 in loose change, I'll now have to spend nearly $1000 for an animal emergency room visit, I.V., xrays, extraction of coins from his stomach, zinc coagulent medicines, and at least two, maybe four days in recovery. This dog is not worth 2.x bitcoin.

I would let this dumb animal expire and plow the savings into UNO, but the kids are all sad about it.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 01:32:13 PM

Buy the walls bitches.

Or make butt-buddies Siameze/Shinohai and BitcoinCharlie apologize publicly in the main thread for insulting my character.

Until that happens,  start raising 30 BTC to buy me past .008.

Fuck you all.
SgtMoth

buy silver!

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 05:10:22 AM

How to run a crypto-coin scam

Make a few million with little to no risk and no coding required.

Start an ICO, ITO, IPO or whatever you want to call it, in fact why not just call it an IFO (Initial Fools Offering). There are no regulations and you don’t even need a working coin at this stage just the promise of further development. In any case its not that hard to start your own coin as there are quite a few coin creation services out there.

Now make a shiny new website with lots of promises of development a nice road map and some new wiz bang feature preferably with a name that nobody will understand what it is. Use lots of buzzwords about innovation, technology and marketing and how you have all the solutions to all the worlds problems. And most importantly don’t forget to create plenty of sockpuppet accounts supporting your scam on all the bitcoin forums.

Now get together as much money as you can, don’t worry there is no risk to your money as I will show you later. You can even get your friends to join you, as there is no risk to them as well. To keep the numbers simple lets just say you and your group have 500k at your disposal to run your scam.

Find an exchange to host your IFO and then launch it. You may have to pay around 2–5k to the exchange for the listing. Use your 500k to buy your own tokens and this will at the same time build hype around the sale by creating the illusion of demand. Once the IFO period is over you will get your 500k back plus at least 50k from the suckers who bought into your fools tokens.

So now you are in a situation where you have your money back safely, you own 90% of the fools tokens and you have 50k profit to play with. So now you can safely pump the market that you control with your free money and its possible to go 10x or more the price of the initial offering. Once you think you have pushed the price as high as you can, then you start to sell off.

Even if you don’t push the price up much above the initial price it doesn’t really matter as the fools tokens didn’t cost you a penny and its all free money. And most importantly nobody has a clue what just happened and if you’re clever there won’t be any evidence. Rinse and repeat.

Attention: Now I don’t want anyone to go out and actually do this. This is for people to consider before investing in any coin/token “Pre-Sale” and be aware that the above scenario is what you are more than likely investing in.
If you want to invest in a crypto-currency (and it can be a lot of fun), then look for the coins that are not “brand new” and coins with real developers and real development and most importantly open source. Its no guarantee that your investment will be a success, but at least you wont get scammed.

https://decentralize.today/how-to-run-a-crypto-coin-scam-7f83f4ec543b#.twwwvz428
BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 01:54:34 AM

Keep up with the current results of the Brexit!

http://www.bbc.com/news/politics/eu_referendum/results

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 01:57:50 AM

Brief. Inexcusably simplistic:

‘a low inflation store of value that in crypto-terms has been incredibly stable around the $2/Uno mark for years.’

Falling Knife, although I have boundless respect for the investment you’ve made in this coin, I call you out on this:

Unobtanium’s price has fallen 75% in twelve months. It’s only the increase in Bitcoin’s price that has kept the $-value steady. Thus, ‘store of value’ is a hype-group term: quite untrue. If anyone had kept their Bitcoin instead of buying Uno, they’d hold more $-value at this point.

“No coin ... NO COIN ... besides BTC has passed the bar of 'currency function for merchants' “

Doge is doin’ okay; but more to the point, IndiaMikeZulu provided currency function (of a specifically ‘crypto-commodity’ type) in order to solve this very problem, and the community stood about like potted palms while Gekko shouted us down.

For example, getting Uno accepted at Bitcoingiftcards was easy. If done in a dozen countries, you’d have had sufficient currency function within months.

Let me state my position frankly, B.N.: this community is bone lazy, and adopts ‘theory’ that validates inactivity.

“you really  think buying some tomatoes with uno in grocery store is good for  LIQUIDITY?”

Blue Man, buying anything anywhere is liquidity – why did we set up an android wallet?

[I actually wouldn’t buy tomatoes. I’d buy bullion. See the paragraph above.]

“IMZ you consider gekko to be the old miserable man but i am starting to think it is you”

Pardon my frankness, Kingn56: it’s simply not your place to comment. You don’t know if I am angry, and I doubt you have much background in The Gekko Thang.

Here’s my position:

This community is lazy -- except for F.K., without whom Uno would likely collapse.

The community’s theory of ‘We are rare (etc. etc.); so we just wait’ is rubbish, and endlessly repeating it in the face of the fall in Uno’s price/volume is nothing less than delusional.

We all know that splitting the community by opening a zero-tolerance-for-sociopaths thread is not an option: the community is already weak. [The reason I decided to return to posting was that, a couple of months ago, there were a coupla days on which there wasn’t a single post.] And having F.K. delete Gekko’s posts a day later suits Gekko just fine! (Indeed, it’s a tactic he has himself employed.)

Here’s the nitty gritty: you misapprehend the politics of the situation. Libertarian/open source/anarchist/decentralized doesn’t mean ‘Let bad guys burn your crops and barn.’ It means you deal with the problem yourself, rather than getting Constable Muffincrust on the phone.

A complicating factor is the poor social skills of many crypto geeks. [Did he just say that aloud? Yes. He did.] They seem not to understand that the solid majority of potential adoptees are not emotionally-fragile sexist white male Netizens who think that shouting, ‘Fuck you, you ‘tard, suck my cock!!’ is unproblematic. You’re involved in a quasi-commercial enterprise. So provide a better environment for potential adoptees.

The community’s slinging-off at the 2.0s – “inflating @ 2 chainsFORKS/day” – is more self-serving hype-group talk. They are an existential threat – which is why talk of ‘FUCKLIQUIDITY’ is so harmful. [‘crypto-commodity’] Currency function is your best chance of survival. Get to it.

“UNO needs to get to a place of better liquidity.” Couldn’t agree more, F.K. (and diplomatically expressed as always. Apart from the G-Man Thang, my admiration for you is boundless). This is my area of weakness. (The psychology of libertarian political enterprises is easy peasy.) I think Uno is dying in slow motion. And I could care less except (a) if you guys could just figure out the optimal context, it’s a fine ‘instrument’, and (b) I still own a lot. We undertook to provide the right sort of liquidity – and I’m too human not to say: ‘Holy shit! What a blunder you made in not fighting to expand DVC! It would have grown like a magic beanstalk as Uno’s price slipped!

My wild guess (short version) is that Uno’s price could drop another 50-70%, and will then either stabilize, or you will slip go down the gurgler. In the interest of protecting my investment, I’d take the Trusted Traders list; open a thread; and tentatively start providing liquidity. Small scale. And factoring in price-shifts so I don’t suffer further financial loss.

Hope you are all well. Please excuse me further posts. I'm tired of going over and over the same issues. PM me anytime. Mark
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 02:04:08 AM

Buy your Hemp Hearts:
Hemp Hearts 8oz (227g)

The freshest Hemp Hearts available on the market today!  Ethically grown right here in Colorado, USA.

EnerHealth Botanicals is proud to introduce freshly shelled raw hemp seed hearts that are ethically grown and harvested in Colorado, USA. The shell has been removed from the seed, making it easy to digest. This little seed has a big heart, packing a powerful nutritious punch! Each serving provides 10g of protein, 2.5g of Omega-3, and 8.5g of Omega-6 fatty acids. The heart of the hemp seed has a rich nutty flavor and a tender chewy texture.

Sprinkle them on cereal, salads, yogurt, fruit, or any food you can imagine to boost your nutrition and spread the Love!

http://store.naturalnews.com/Hemp-Hearts-8oz-227g_p_1004.html

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 02:13:11 PM

Mark, I don't disagree that UNO's price has fallen relative to Bitcoin, but it has long clung to a level of around us$2.  Sometimes more, sometimes less. It has not been the wild ride of Bitcoin, Eth, or the pump-of-the-day, but neither has its value been destroyed like so many other coins.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
BlueMan.

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 07:28:11 PM

" not fighting to expand DVC! It would have grown like a magic beanstalk as Uno’s price slipped!"

Another joke. I don't think I like or need your DVC. I believe I got some imzdvc thing , but is nothing for me. I prefer to leave it in the dust. I do not think you going to have any success with this DVC thing of yours.

In other hand  I was like your trusted trader Uno ex. and uno mall idea. it was your chose  to close it and give up. Who ask you to do that?
You going very paranoid about Gekko. Is not up to me to kick of somebody or push button delete.

If you are not lazy and U can support Unobtanium then go for it bro. WE are here for  long term - most of us so I wish U to live long enough to see it old bro.

FK is the best Uno leader Smiley - U are right about that.

shinohai

Activity: 267
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 08:13:15 PM

Mark, I don't disagree that UNO's price has fallen relative to Bitcoin, but it has long clung to a level of around us$2.  Sometimes more, sometimes less. It has not been the wild ride of Bitcoin, Eth, or the pump-of-the-day, but neither has its value been destroyed like so many other coins.

This is natural, it is diverging from Bitcoin and becoming more like a fiat instrument.

@IMZ perfect summary. But to resurrect the original "crypto-commodity' idea of your is still possible. Just not here.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:09:16 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2016, 04:53:49 PM by BitcoinNational

Mark, I don't disagree that UNO's price has fallen relative to Bitcoin, but it has long clung to a level of around us$2.  Sometimes more, sometimes less. It has not been the wild ride of Bitcoin, Eth, or the pump-of-the-day, but neither has its value been destroyed like so many other coins.
This is natural, it is diverging from Bitcoin and becoming more like a fiat instrument.
in agreement (mostly); UNO is $USD determined instrument, see the 1 yr charts; UNO despite slipping on the BTC peg has had a fair $USD performance and is preforming as expected ... currently positioned at the bottom of a down swing ... the evidence speaks for itself.

in time UNO will be a hybrid of fiat/crypto/commodity backed store of value.

what ratios is determined by the wise strong hands and how they choose to manage their personal portfolios.  thus, true to the decentralized principle.  

i would suggest that the better UNO portfolio managers stay away from (or at least segregate) this ICO flim flam that is hot and trending these days.  

the intention is to make UNO a low risk yet consistently preforming asset/fund/coin/network, organizing that concept with the decentralized principle takes some time Wink

@IMZ perfect summary. But to resurrect the original "crypto-commodity' idea of your is still possible. Just not here.

The "crypto-commodity' idea is still valid, but not for UNO, as stated above UNO is not definitively pegged to a singular commodity.

This is not to say that the UNO investor community can not lend a hand to a coin project that is pegged to a singular commodity.

IMZ is not alone in exploring the idea, but in practice it will require  real world delivery of said commodity.  Organizing that ... is the pickle.  Plus, the right coin(s) have to be identified ... and the likely better technical solution are 2.0 tokiens ... but that realm is still too grey Wink  

---
the other stuff

old miserable man men ...  the main vein of UNO community seems to older, yes and that is for the better ... lets hope wisdom is acquired with the grey hairs ...  act in accordance to your age.   Cool

this community is bone lazy, and adopts ‘theory’ that validates inactivity ... not sure if this is true ... and I seek to participate with consistent and regularly participant crowds ... UNO is still one of very few camps that have held long term members.  yes, it appears like nothing is happening, if you're only measure is market cap and volume.  i would suggest measure in terms of market depth and market complexity.  and if you can't see that, this factor, which is always at work, then you're not on the mark Wink  

note that UNO is the anti thesis of constant code development, such platforms will be forked often and regularly, just a matter of manufacturing 51% consensus.  

give me the enshrined for 250 years, the code is the law, coin.

----
copy pasta

decent in 3 necessary Keys

Immutability is necessary. The blockchain is a truth machine preserving one universally accepted version of history, one immutable sequence of events. What’s true once is always true, regardless of political or business interests, and no amount of lobbying can change that.

Neutrality is necessary. It’s important for anyone participating in blockchain-enabled cooperation to be on an equal footing with everyone else. 

Openness is necessary. It goes without saying that the rules of the game should be open for anyone to see and understand.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 12:30:10 AM

Text Number One:

Merchants are entitled to sell the Uno they accept if they want to or need to – but the ‘slippage’ in doing so makes the acceptance of Uno unprofitable. ‘Coin-wholesaling’ is undertaken by a facilitator – in this case, me – who simply buys at the going rate any amounts of Uno that the merchant needs to unload: no slippage.

I have always agreed with the notion that Uno is best suited to 'big-ticket' stuff* -- and think about it: coin-wholesaling, which facilitates large trades at low profit-margins, is exactly what we need to make this happen. In the case of this little project, though, we're just working on proof of concept: the android wallet needs testing; we wanna figure out how such a project integrates with our security protocols, etc.

[Next time: the lunch-for-two-at-Subway test]

*We gotta be pro-active on the blockchain-bloat issue. My first thought is 'C-Uno': we tend to buy and sell Unobtanium a hundred at a time -- the exact opposite direction of milli-Bits.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 07:08:13 AM

C-Uno.

If you look at the UNO pair market, you might get the feeling that bots are already onto a concept much like this.   INSTEAD of trading @ the resistance or support level ... there seems to be a policy of letting the price range set and then speed trade.  This concept seems to be capable of handling high voltage loads. 

There are 2 classes of participants here:

a. classic stronghand day/trader (with knowledge of high quality networks NOT pump operations)

b. merchants (with intent to take a stake in a particular network and underwrite the value w/ services,goods)   

class A provides quick solutions to avoid the ‘slippage’
class B provides cash flow via business operations

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 03:48:00 AM

To blow our own trumpet:

guys, IndiaMikeZulu exists to dev on altcoins. Continuously since 2013: Franko, Litecoin, Nxttycoin, CGB, CBX, Unobtanium [DVC], Dokdo, Dogecoin, Ham Radio Coin, TX, Dnotes, Yacoin, and DASH.

And if we have seemed to be fickle, it’s because we’ve had the Godawful experience of ship after ship goin’ down under our feet. We’ve lost absurd amounts of money, time and time again, by staying on past the use-by date.

So, about a year ago, guys, when I was tryin’ a second time at CBX, the crypto clearly had its back to the wall: massive sell-walls (likely early miners wanting to get Bitcoin for the likes of Ether). The community had a price-support program in place, which we all know was a bad tactic; but things were so dark that ANY activity seemed positive.

Some time later, I called publicly that the community COLLAPSE the price of the coin: everyone buy and sell like mad, thus providing a low-price/high-volume currency that might then be worked with.

Stony silence. No one acknowledged the post.

Then CBX sputtered to a halt.

Then a guy named ‘Major Max’ said almost exactly the same thing I did.

My point is not that I’m suggesting we collapse Uno’s price (I’ll call for that in about a fortnight . . . ); but that ‘bagholderism’ is our real problem:

too few people own too many units of a currency. The price begins to fall. Volume slows. The user-base shrinks. Too few folks do too much of the daily devving work. People are exhorted to ‘Buy at these great low prices!!!’ – which increases the bagholder problem.

But most importantly of all, no decisive action is taken.
The talk about The Amazing Feature goes on. No honest discourse is undertaken.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 03:52:44 AM

C-Uno.

If you look at the UNO pair market, you might get the feeling that bots are already onto a concept much like this.   INSTEAD of trading @ the resistance or support level ... there seems to be a policy of letting the price range set and then speed trade.  This concept seems to be capable of handling high voltage loads. 

There are 2 classes of participants here:

a. classic stronghand day/trader (with knowledge of high quality networks NOT pump operations)

b. merchants (with intent to take a stake in a particular network and underwrite the value w/ services,goods)   

class A provides quick solutions to avoid the ‘slippage’
class B provides cash flow via business operations

I learn so much from you, B.N.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: