Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:55:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do You want to play games for bitcoins?
YES - 83 (81.4%)
NO - 19 (18.6%)
Total Voters: 102

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kill and earn bitcoins :)  (Read 10498 times)
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 07:06:19 AM

Are you able to make the dedicated-password thing with other games? ( even if they aren't free )
There are other games that have a good anti-cheat system but they are also cheap.
Counter-Strike is one of them.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitmar (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 06:24:36 PM

Are you able to make the dedicated-password thing with other games? ( even if they aren't free )
There are other games that have a good anti-cheat system but they are also cheap.

I am able to modify some of games, not all. I am able to also modify the Counter Strike Smiley
All anti-chaets fails....
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 06:28:06 PM

I am able to modify some of games, not all. I am able to also modify the Counter Strike Smiley

Could you do the exact same thing for CS? Earning/paying bitcoin on kills?
bitmar (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 07:00:54 PM

Could you do the exact same thing for CS? Earning/paying bitcoin on kills?

as I wrote, I am Able modify the Counter Strike Smiley 1 FPS game is not enough? Smiley Urban Terror is better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWLD4XRjFJU
bitmar (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 07:20:46 PM

You should enable punkbuster on the server. Cheating is fun, but actually playing is better.

The best way to fight against cheaters is a deposit (5-10BTC) that you can lose if you cheat. Punkbuster sucks.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 07:55:55 PM

Can you modify also Counter Strike Source?
I mean can you also modify not-free games?

mig91

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 08:15:27 PM

You should enable punkbuster on the server. Cheating is fun, but actually playing is better.

The best way to fight against cheaters is a deposit (5-10BTC) that you can lose if you cheat. Punkbuster sucks.

ideas like that are good, but how u know if someone use cheats in bitcointerror ?

i hate cheaters  Sad
bitmar (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 09:08:01 PM

yes, I could do it Smiley
bitmar (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 09:22:51 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2012, 09:55:46 PM by bitmar

ideas like that are good, but how u know if someone use cheats in bitcointerror ?

i hate cheaters  Sad

You believe me there is a lot of ways. I have log of every single shot Smiley I can watch the players while they play(and record). I can calculate hit ratio ... and many others. For those who do not like cheats invite to server1 and server3, but only Grenades and kinfe are avabile

[edit]
I can ban for cheats, but somebody can always create a second account from another IP. Deposit is the best, but then who would want to play? Smiley
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 10:03:24 PM

Can you use a system like bitcoinary.com ?
It has many way to check the user is real and unique.
It doesn't show any private informations to others, but it need them to be able to trade:
-Email
-Mobile Phone
-Facebook
-Twitter
-LinkedIn

If the user give these and more accounts, he will not be able to register again easily.
Also, you can open a way to report users.
If an user has some reports, he will not be able to withdraw bitcoins before your check.

More over, if you start supporting games that costs more than 20$ ( and they have some good interna anti-cheat system like VAC ), it will be very difficult for users to get more than this price.
It will be stupid to cheat and get few bitcents and than lose the 20$ ( or more ) game value.

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:04:30 AM

This requires reliable means to actually detect cheaters, which is generally not possible. You will be running an arms race in which the hacker is always at the advantage, because he has full control over his own PC and can in principle simulate any local checks a program like Punkbuster is supposed to do. A smart cheater can make himself strong enough than unrealistically strong, so it need not be obvious who is cheating.

People who cheat in public shooter games are generally lowlifes, so outsmarting them is not so hard. But when playing for money, the cheaters will be a lot more sophisticated. I know people who have dug into some commercial online games just out of boredom. The amount of loopholes, bugs and security blunders they discovered always sufficed to blow up the game more than just once. And helper bots... they're just always possible.

I remember coming across a quad-splitscreen view of Diablo 2 showing four bots speedhacked to maximum, routed over proxies to circumvent limits on opening games, complete with map-hack and back-dated quit packages to prevent them from ever dying, teleporting around at such inhuman speed that an uninformed viewer cannot even see what is going on. And that's a game that actually got multiple "anti-cheat fixes" and had tiny item prices!

Sure, if anti-cheat watchdogs are around, the hacks will be much more subtle. Like a random drift of the cross-hair toward enemy heads, which sometimes but not always kicks in. This can be fine-tuned to make a player strong enough for profit, but just still believable as a human. I don't know of any way to counteract such a method.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:08:10 AM

yes, I could do it Smiley

Battlefield 2 would be awesome Cheesy (Although CSS would probably be easier)

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
bitmar (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 12:41:05 PM

This requires reliable means to actually detect cheaters, which is generally not possible. You will be running an arms race in which the hacker is always at the advantage, because he has full control over his own PC and can in principle simulate any local checks a program like Punkbuster is supposed to do. A smart cheater can make himself strong enough than unrealistically strong, so it need not be obvious who is cheating.

People who cheat in public shooter games are generally lowlifes, so outsmarting them is not so hard. But when playing for money, the cheaters will be a lot more sophisticated. I know people who have dug into some commercial online games just out of boredom. The amount of loopholes, bugs and security blunders they discovered always sufficed to blow up the game more than just once. And helper bots... they're just always possible.

I remember coming across a quad-splitscreen view of Diablo 2 showing four bots speedhacked to maximum, routed over proxies to circumvent limits on opening games, complete with map-hack and back-dated quit packages to prevent them from ever dying, teleporting around at such inhuman speed that an uninformed viewer cannot even see what is going on. And that's a game that actually got multiple "anti-cheat fixes" and had tiny item prices!

Sure, if anti-cheat watchdogs are around, the hacks will be much more subtle. Like a random drift of the cross-hair toward enemy heads, which sometimes but not always kicks in. This can be fine-tuned to make a player strong enough for profit, but just still believable as a human. I don't know of any way to counteract such a method.

You are absolutely right. That is why I allow users to cheat. If everyone is cheating then fairly. If I prohibit cheats, the honest players will be victims.
When someone cheating, I cheating too. believe me, if someone was playing quite a long time, he can recognize who is cheating. As yet, only one player I caught cheating. Everyone plays honestly at the moment (except Ga .... He likes radar;))
Cheating destroys the fun. If you cheat, expect that others will cheat. You have a choice, play fairly with pleasure, or bored cheating. Opportunities will always be balanced
mikeues

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 10:39:38 PM

Looks cool, I'll check it out
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:09:39 AM

(except Ga .... He likes radar;))

Hehe, it's pretty funny when we look at each other through the walls Roll Eyes

Wanna stop the cheating?

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
bitmar (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 07:39:53 AM

(except Ga .... He likes radar;))

Hehe, it's pretty funny when we look at each other through the walls Roll Eyes

Wanna stop the cheating?

If you cheat, I cheat too, these are the rules Smiley It may be that two or more players will be against you when you cheat. Wallhack is funny, but wasted ammo on the walls, the other players think you crazy Smiley Wallhack sucks. This is a more difficult game, because from a distance you think you can actually to aim the enemy and he is behind the wall in fact.
Greedi

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

LitecoinTalk

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 01:22:30 PM

ok, this is to funny, love this game!

I'm a admin now.. so if you think you can kill me, just try Wink

LitecoinTalk - Sign up today!
Try out LTC-Aarade!
Buy Shares!
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 03:09:42 AM

Hop on in 20 minutes for a match or two -- no cheating this time!

Server 3!

ccliu

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 05:32:47 AM

I dont like the idea of cheating. Its not the skill of FPS that earns you bitcoins but the fast that some program is doing it for you (like mining lol)

I'd like a skill game like CSS for something like this. Urban terror is a huge spray and pray fest, and just by watching videos of it I dont feel like playing it.
bananahammock

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 11:51:06 AM

I love this idea, well done to you sir.

My last real experience playing fps was doomII over IPX, I think I would get emptied out very quickly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: