Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:24:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Interest in Bitcoin is declining  (Read 6147 times)
DeadCoin (OP)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:56:16 AM

Popularity of Bitcointalk.org went down significantly since summer:
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bitcointalk.org

Bitcoin on Google trends over the last 12 months:
http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin&date=today%2012-m&cmpt=date

Bitcoin compared to some other terms:
http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=%2Fm%2F05p0rrx%2C%20dollar%2C%20cash%2C%20paypal&cmpt=q

Also, positive correlation with price is obvious, which implies people are not truly interested in cheap coins and technology, but only care about rising price.
K128kevin2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:59:20 AM

I would argue that it's not the case that people losing interest is causing the price to lower, but rather that people are losing interest BECAUSE the price is lowering (and lowering slowly).
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:04:21 AM

Hard to say this forum is not visited much.
My humble opinion is that there is large amount of new user on this forum (considering that there were lots of low rank members sig camp).

If you take that in all this you have more users on forum.

Bitcoin as term for search as money or something else is still on slow run up, cuz more people are sharing some infos about it and more people are asking what is it and it can be used.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Raystonn

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:09:12 AM

Interest in Bitcoin declined from April to August 2013 as well: http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin&date=4%2F2013%205m&cmpt=date
If you interpret that as a dead coin, then you are dead wrong.
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:39:57 AM

Less people are introduced to Bitcoin, but you can't say interest in bitcoin is declining.

The difference in numbers is mostly people that hear about BTC somewhere, do a quick research, find Bitcointalk then leave the Bitcoin world.
fonsie

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:00:24 PM

Nobody Googles Bitcoin, everybody Bings Bitcoin.
So Google stats are worthless.
At the moment I'm seeing a rising interest in warm clothes, so obviously the summer is dead and will not return.
The fact that popularity of bitcointalk.org went down, is because it's filled with stupid trolls like the OP.

I decided to no longer use a signature, because people were trolling me about it.
FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:08:23 PM

Google trends tend to lag quite a bit. Well, of course the interest in Bitcoin was biggest over the last bubble(s), that's how Bitcoin bubbles work. I guess a lot of the more 'casual' traffic also happens at Reddit these days. http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/ tends to be a bit more 'filtered' that bitcointalk. Even if the number of fanatics is still quite big there, the actual nutjobs don't seem to get that much attention.

yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:13:22 PM

I would argue that it's not the case that people losing interest is causing the price to lower, but rather that people are losing interest BECAUSE the price is lowering (and lowering slowly).

That seems reasonable from a psychological viewpoint. Declining prices => depressive state of mind => disengagement.

However one can not prove it based on the available data.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:16:37 PM

Price has held above the previous April 2013 ATH of 266 for over a year now.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:16:50 PM

Charts are holding steady, of course there is a spike when Bitcoin hits 1200$

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:22:33 PM

yes, 100 usd above. And 800 usd below the last ATH.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:24:23 PM

Months ago Bitcoin was quite regularly on the news, etc, which might have triggered a populairty peak.

What also is important to know is that there were a lot gamblers buying Bitcoin at high levels hoping it will rise even more without even knowing what Bitcoin is.

These people got burned and sold with a significant loss, and they probably never bothered to check back what's going on currently.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:28:58 PM

yes, 100 usd above. And 800 usd below the last ATH.
And still temporarily below 10k.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 03:31:35 PM

Months ago Bitcoin was quite regularly on the news, etc, which might have triggered a populairty peak.

What also is important to know is that there were a lot gamblers buying Bitcoin at high levels hoping it will rise even more without even knowing what Bitcoin is.

These people got burned and sold with a significant loss, and they probably never bothered to check back what's going on currently.

Correct, and people will keep getting burned and keep leaving bitcoin... one day at a time!
FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:50:41 PM

Correct, and people will keep getting burned and keep leaving bitcoin... one day at a time!

Those people are still in the boat. They won't want to miss another chance. They will enter at least at the previous ATH and maybe are smart enough to get out at the next peak of the upcoming bubble. Also this happened times and times before, and there are enough people who are very confident, who are not going to leave the boat - even if times are dire now.

fonsie

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:36:52 PM

Those people can create an account called "lessercoins" and start trolling...

I decided to no longer use a signature, because people were trolling me about it.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:41:05 PM

That all makes sense to me. When the story was about how you could turn on your PC and get rich a lot of people were interested. Now that bitcoin is maturing into a payment network... well, payment networks are not very sexy.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:46:20 PM

Trend info lags price.  Interest is higher now steady state then ever before.
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:12:13 PM

I agree with this.
Bitcoin has not recovered from its peak price, and has not even come close to it.
News doesn't have massive impact anymore.
Gox incident, and the 9 million things that can be said about it.
China
mining is essentially pointless
Altcoins....yeah

When I first started looking at btc (a little before this time last year) you had to watch and pay attention because of news significantly impacting the price, huge swings, etc.
These days price stays at a point then drops, rinse and repeat.  There is no reason to do anything other than check the price in the morning, nothing happens, and to be honest I wouldn't even accept btc if I was a merchant, drug dealer, whatever because by the time I received it, it would probably be worth less than it was.

I will never get why people think a steady price is good.  People bought btc to make money, whatever diluted reasoning some of you have thinking we are all martyrs is insane.  That is like saying I bought led xmas lights to save the earth, i bought them to save fucking money.  That said I believe in btc, but only because I also believe it will make me money, don't like it, then buy all my btc at an inflated price and go on a crusade.

Not to be a pessimist but these are reasons why I don't pay attention anymore (loss of interest.)  It is just people trolling going "btc is dead," or trolling going "btc is going to be worth 10k in 2014, wait 2015, no march of 2017," or whatever other asshole date they come up with.  Why am I on now, i'm bored as fuck at work. 
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3463
Merit: 4429

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:57:48 PM

Deadcoin and co are pure junk and a mod shoud add a command to there acounts. Everytime they making a post it shoud be moved to junk section.

New ATH of transactions this month and thats imo more important than price ore Deadcoin (Falllling) Fewcoin junk opinions.

https://i.imgur.com/Sp0R6NE.png
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: