Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:44:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's so special about the NAP?  (Read 20400 times)
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 03:10:09 AM

Ever tried telling the tax man "no"?

Ever tried to live in your fantasy world and not be the victim of mob rule, gangs, and extortion without having to hire security forces that you can't afford?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 03:35:23 AM

Ever tried to live in your fantasy world and not be the victim of mob rule, gangs, and extortion without having to hire security forces that you can't afford?

Why do you assume I could not afford it? After all, I doubt even you will call government "efficient", and I can, along with my fellow tax victims, pay for their protection, along with all the other services I neither want, nor need, nor, in some cases, even receive (I'm not on welfare, or have a child in school, f'rex, but I still pay for it). It follows that if I'm not paying for schooling for other people's kids, or buying other people's cheese, I can afford a simple protection contract. It also follows that private companies would be more efficient, to say nothing of less aggressive, and thus cheaper, so I'd likely have plenty of money left over.

I should also like to point out that I am already the victim of mob rule and extortion. (voting and taxes, respectively)

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 03:43:39 AM

Why do you assume I could not afford it?

It's irrelevant whether you can afford it or not. Can everyone?

Furthermore, your flimsy and untested ideas suffer from two more big problems:

1. Vulnerability to takeover from a neighboring state.
2. No consistency in application with regard to the environment.

Honestly, your views sound like those of an idealistic and very naive thirteen year old.
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 03:49:41 AM

Very good points. These are the problems that need to be solved. How do we do it without killing people and/or locking them up in cages? This is what people want.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 04:05:01 AM

Why do you assume I could not afford it?

Furthermore, your flimsy and untested ideas suffer from two more big problems:

Honestly, your views sound like those of an idealistic and very naive thirteen year old.

I am no different from anyone else in this country. They all pay taxes, to support the same teetering government. If I can afford it, everyone can.

As to the "flaws", without "victim disarmament laws," the people can defend themselves, as well as get protection from the defense agencies. If you have a few minutes, you could read a fictional account of an invasion into an AnCap area in this excellent short story by Vernor Vinge, "The Ungoverned". The environment is a tough one, but a consistent response to environmental damage can, and in my opinion, would, develop. After all, there's no law requiring computer manufacturers to use USB to connect their peripherals.

Finally, It's interesting that you brought up my age. In my over 30 years of life, I have met several 13 year old people with more critical thinking and logic skills than you are displaying.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:06:15 AM

Very good points. These are the problems that need to be solved. How do we do it without killing people and/or locking them up in cages? This is what people want.

I made a third point as well. It was in the second sentence of my last post.

Also, I suggest you study Herman Daly in depth.
FirstAscent

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:08:27 AM

I am no different from anyone else in this country. They all pay taxes, to support the same teetering government. If I can afford it, everyone can.

Try not to be so stupid. Seriously. And I really mean that. Everyone cannot afford it.
bb113

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:10:11 AM

Second sentence of last post doesn't lead to anything that seems relevant. I will check Herman Daly, but if understanding it requires more than a few sentences his plan is too complicated therefore it will fail.
bb113

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:19:14 AM

Second sentence of last post doesn't lead to anything that seems relevant. I will check Herman Daly, but if understanding it requires more than a few sentences his plan is too complicated therefore it will fail.

I really should acknowledge that I realize I act like an ass towards you, first ascent, because I don't get your viewpoints. But you do lead me to very interesting literature, and even if I never agree with you I want you to know I think I'm a better person for having come in contact with you.
FirstAscent

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:22:29 AM

Unfortunately, such an assessment and view is not supportive of progress when dealing with very complex systems.

You might want to read these:

http://seedmagazine.com/content/article/rethinking_growth/

http://www.theoildrum.com/node/3941

And more generally, Seed Magazine has some excellent pieces that are relevant to everything:

http://seedmagazine.com/content/article/starting_over/

http://seedmagazine.com/content/article/in_defense_of_difference/
FirstAscent

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:23:39 AM

I really should acknowledge that I realize I act like an ass towards you, first ascent, because I don't get your viewpoints. But you do lead me to very interesting literature, and even if I never agree with you I want you to know I think I'm a better person for having come in contact with you.

That's rather contradictory. You don't get my viewpoints, but the literature I point you to is very interesting and makes you a better person.
FirstAscent

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:26:28 AM

Second sentence of last post doesn't lead to anything that seems relevant.

Perhaps in a reptilian society.
bb113

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:27:03 AM

That's rather contradictory. You don't get my viewpoints, but the literature I point you to is very interesting and makes you a better person.

Yes.
bb113

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:29:17 AM

Just quote the sentence.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 04:32:48 AM

Try not to be so stupid. Seriously. And I really mean that. Everyone cannot afford it.

So, will you be addressing my points, or just acting offensive and insulting me?

FirstAscent

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:36:51 AM

Just quote the sentence.

First and second sentence of post in question:

FirstAscent

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:40:09 AM

So, will you be addressing my points, or just acting offensive and insulting me?

I've addressed enough of your points. At this point, I will largely ignore you, unless you post something that meets one of the following two criteria and I happen to feel inclined to respond:

1. A point that is worth refuting.
2. More flimsy half assed ideology.

I sincerely apologize for not attending to your needs in a more coddling manner.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 04:43:54 AM

I've addressed enough of your points. At this point, I will largely ignore you...

Very well, at this point, I will completely ignore you. Have a nice life.

bb113

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:46:35 AM

Just quote the sentence.

I don't get your point. The resources you have to devote to protecting your stuff grows with the value of your stuff. Noone really cares about robbing a homeless dude. So I would say yes.
FirstAscent

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:51:37 AM

Just quote the sentence.

I don't get your point. The resources you have to devote to protecting your stuff grows with the value of your stuff. Noone really cares about robbing a homeless dude. So I would say yes.

What about the guy who was serial killing homeless people? What about whole areas in poverty?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: