Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:35:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-12-03] CD: Citi: Ross Ulbricht Bitcoins Likely to Sell For Discount at USM  (Read 1764 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 03:35:40 PM

Citi: Ross Ulbricht Bitcoins Likely to Sell For Discount at USMS Auction

The US Marshals Service (USMS) is set to auction off 50,000 BTC seized from alleged Silk Road mastermind Ross Ulbricht this Thursday, and if a new research note from financial giant Citi proves accurate, participants may be able to obtain bitcoins at a steep discount.

http://www.coindesk.com/citi-ross-ulbricht-bitcoins-likely-sell-discount-usms-auction/

i dont think so.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinMode

Activity: 417
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:25:53 PM

That is why the price dipped when Draper bought the first round of auctioned coins. He made a bid for all of the coins at the exact market price, the fair price, not a penny above, and won every single auction. When the news of this broke, everybody learned that not a single bidder had made an offer above the market.

This time around, I don't think Tim is going to take any chances, especially on a double-down purchase. When the news comes out that he won the auction by making a bid of $400-500 for the coins, then the price will get a Draper Bump, and then a NASDAQ:COIN Bump, and then a Janet Yellen Endorsement Bump, and then a Chinese No-Ban-Forever-Promise Bump, and then a Russia No-Ban-Forever-Promise Bump, and then a social media Changetip Bump, and then a...well I think you get the point.

Just remember, at this exact moment last year, if you recall, there was no chance in hell you could ever convince somebody from r/buttcoin that ANY billion dollar corporation would EVER take bitcoin as a full, legitimate payment option for all of their products and services. I spent several months, in a row, trying to show people the benefit and potential, but they all denied it 100% without hesitation, full stop. Now? Dell, Newegg, Overstock, Dish Network, Expedia, Paypal getting on board via Braintree, Ebay promising to follow Paypal's lead, Square integrating bitcoin, Virgin Galactic, and many other huge entities are now accepting bitcoin just as easily, or actually much more easily, as cash or credit.

I can't wait to go on r/buttcoin in the future.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:19:43 AM

All you need is one irrational (or a true believer, with a long term view) bidder to ensure that the price of bitcoin is supported during the auction. I am sure there will be a lot of people, who hope to buy low and then turn it around on exchanges to make a quick profit. But I am sure they will not win.  Smiley
bitbouillion

Activity: 868
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 11:09:42 PM

Looks like Citi got Bitcoin analyst(s).

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:22:44 AM

Looks like Citi got Bitcoin analyst(s).

We will know very soon how good they are.
It is difficult to predict the outcome of such an uncertain event, not withstanding the amount of knowledge/intelligence you have,
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:11:31 PM

Went for market price or above according to my sources.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:23:04 PM

Potential investors are bankers. Citi is giving this analysis to pave the way for those investors (Citi's clients) to buy at a huge discount. Don't believe what Citi (or any bank) say about bitcoin, conflict of interests.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 11:39:21 AM

and i was right with my prediction  Smiley

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 12:31:02 PM

and i was right with my prediction  Smiley

Do we know for sure?
I thought they didn't disclose prices...
Ron Swanson

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:02:25 AM

Just remember, at this exact moment last year, if you recall, there was no chance in hell you could ever convince somebody from r/buttcoin that ANY billion dollar corporation would EVER take bitcoin as a full, legitimate payment option for all of their products and services. I spent several months, in a row, trying to show people the benefit and potential, but they all denied it 100% without hesitation, full stop. Now? Dell, Newegg, Overstock, Dish Network, Expedia, Paypal getting on board via Braintree, Ebay promising to follow Paypal's lead, Square integrating bitcoin, Virgin Galactic, and many other huge entities are now accepting bitcoin just as easily, or actually much more easily, as cash or credit.

I can't wait to go on r/buttcoin in the future.

Feel free to tell us which one of those companies take bitcoin and not just use bitpay or coinbase as a payment processor into USD.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: