Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:48:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Louis hammer attack possibly "not a hate crime"  (Read 817 times)
stevegreer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:20:33 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/03/where-outrage-st-louis-bosnian-community-sees-hammer-murder-as-hate-crime/

So here we have a Bosnian (legal) immigrant who was attacked by a group of young savages and beaten to death with hammers. The victim was white skinned and the perps were dark skinned, but as of yet, the St. Louis police have refused to call it a hate crime. Why not? Had the roles been reversed, it certainly would have been called just that, whether there was any evidence to support it or not. I am so sick of the double standards in the media!

But of course, I had to go to Fox News to even read anything about it because, as per usual, the left-leaning news sources want nothing to do with it. They are still too busy fanning the flames of racism in the Mike Brown and 12-year old kid cases. A white skinned person being brutally murdered is just not newsworthy I reckon.

But hey, I'm sure that any minute now Obama, Holder, and Sharpton are going to go on record to denounce this terrible crime. I'm sure that any minute Sharpton is going to organize a march to protest this horrific murder enacted by a bunch of teenaged monsters. I'm sure that any minute the president and AG are going to go on record calling for calm and saying that it will be investigated to the fullest. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting......

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:34:48 PM

Nope, you'll never hear the likes of MSNBC making hay out of this report as it doesn't fit their narrative of race baiting in one direction. It's like the liberal guilt - blue pill station that very few people even pay attention these days. Dying by being beaten viciously with hammers is definitely not at the top of my list and it's circumstances like this where I believe public executions could serve a purpose.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:46:30 PM

Personally I think hate crime laws are stupid. Why should it make a difference if the person who killed me hates or loves me? In any case, I think "hate" has to be part of he motive to level that charge. So if the hammer guys were robbing him or there was no evidence that he was targeted because of his ethnicity then it very hard to make the case.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
stevegreer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:00:01 PM

Personally I think hate crime laws are stupid. Why should it make a difference if the person who killed me hates or loves me? In any case, I think "hate" has to be part of he motive to level that charge. So if the hammer guys were robbing him or there was no evidence that he was targeted because of his ethnicity then it very hard to make the case.

I agree with you that hate crime laws in general are stupid. The thing I have a problem with is that they do exist and are completely one-sided.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:03:03 PM

I agree with you that hate crime laws in general are stupid. The thing I have a problem with is that they do exist and are completely one-sided.
I also think they are abused. What's wrong with jailing someone for murder by hammer? I think that is bad enough. It should be about what you do, not what you think.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
stevegreer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:11:59 PM

Agreed. And I certainly hope that all involved get tried as adults. It would be a shame if the others get tried as juveniles and get next to nothing punishments.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:10:54 PM

Actually hate crimes are worse than stupid.  It's cold, calculated murder that deserves the hardest punishment.  Murder or crime done in the midst of passion (eg, "hate") is essentially an impulsive act which the perp may well later regret.  That should be LESS SEVERE a punishment, not more severe.

But everything is being turned upside down so it all makes sense.
yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 4421

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:26:02 AM

im personally sick of the ferguson deal already. no offense if anyone is black but stop the whining already. let justice do its job or not do its job. if that had been a black cop that killed a white kid we wouldnt even be discussing this right now. of course it was the opposite and its turned into a racial deal. im not saying the cop was right or wrong and im not saying anything bad about anyone, but i am saying what has happened due to the incident is total shit.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄