Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:05:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone need 32 million dollars?  (Read 1493 times)
cashtraderuk (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:13:39 PM

Just had the email below, but I have enough money in the bank so thought I would post and give someone less well of the opportunity Wink

FROM (MR ISSA.ALLASSAN) Staff of Bank Of Africa in Burkina Faso. I would like you to indicate your interest to receive the transfer of (32 Million Dollars) I will like you to stand as the next of kin to my late client whose account is presently dormant for claims. if you are interested,indicate and i will intimate you with the method of application and how you can apply to the bank.

But before i send to you the text of application form,I will like you to send me the following informations

1.NAME IN FULL:..............................
2.ADDRESS:.......................................
3.NATIONALITY:.................................. .
4.AGE:.............................................
5.SEX..............................................
6.OCCUPATION:......................................
7.MARITAL STATUS:..................................
8.PRIAVTE PHONE NO.................................
9.PRIVATE FAX NO:..........................
10.ATTACH COPY OF YOUR IDENTIFICATION......

Now my questions are:
1) Can you handle this project?
2) Can I give you this trust?

so i will like you to send to me those informations for easy and effective communication.Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or email the text of the application form.I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch-free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer. You should contact me immediately as soon as you receive this letter,if only you are intrested and ready to help.

please reply me back with this email Address (issa.allassan1@voila.fr )

Trusting to hear from you immediately.
Do keep this a top secret for security reasons.

Yours faithfully,
(MR ISSA.ALLASSAN)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2346

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:15:44 PM

Seems legit.

The Nigerian prince must have passed away recently.
BGkockata

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:17:25 PM

Just normal scam message xD
LOBSTER

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:11:58 PM

Can't believe that people get taken on this...
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:58:34 PM

rubbish thread. Moving on.... lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:24:42 PM

The point is to make it so ridiculous so that only the dumbest of the dumb respond.

Let me explain.

The Prince sends out 200,000 spam emails with something that is plausible and makes sense. He may receive real responses from 1,000 people, all of which will take a significant amount of time to converse with. However, maybe only 1/500 people will actually go for the scam after that.

The Prince sends out 200,000 spam emails with an absolutely ridiculous explanation. He may only receive 50 real responses, but 1/25 follow through. He's able to get the same number of victims while spending time only conversing with 50 people instead of 1,000.

The pure stupidity of these emails filter out all reasonable people immediately, which is the Prince's goal.

qwep
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 04:41:35 AM

The point is to make it so ridiculous so that only the dumbest of the dumb respond.

Let me explain.

The Prince sends out 200,000 spam emails with something that is plausible and makes sense. He may receive real responses from 1,000 people, all of which will take a significant amount of time to converse with. However, maybe only 1/500 people will actually go for the scam after that.

The Prince sends out 200,000 spam emails with an absolutely ridiculous explanation. He may only receive 50 real responses, but 1/25 follow through. He's able to get the same number of victims while spending time only conversing with 50 people instead of 1,000.

The pure stupidity of these emails filter out all reasonable people immediately, which is the Prince's goal.
How would he have actual conversations with 1,000 people? I would think this would take ridiculous amounts of time. Any email that a "prince" sends is going to have to be automated, along with any response to a response that it gets.
onewiseguy

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 04:50:40 AM

pretty sure some folks still get caught in the moment and send money
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 03:29:27 PM

This has nothing to do with the BTC ecosystem, and 419 scams have been well known since the 1980s. Please remove this junk.
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:10:58 PM

Let me explain.

How would he have actual conversations with 1,000 people? I would think this would take ridiculous amounts of time. Any email that a "prince" sends is going to have to be automated, along with any response to a response that it gets.

That's the whole point Bitcoins101 is making; it would take too much effort to respond to a 1000 people. That's why the bait is so poorly written, to attract only the dumbest of people.

And no, not automated; as Rawted already said it's an "old" scam...

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 10:30:02 PM

I made a $100 bucks off a Nigerian scammer. I told him I needed an advance to send money to him so I received $100 from western union. LOL.
thehybrid

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 05:43:47 PM

sure you have parts of that in bitcoin? i can always post my btc address lol.

outside the obvious giving away personal info nonsense.. lol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: