Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:53:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .249 BTC stuck in DGEX web wallet, split the difference with you  (Read 2049 times)
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 09:21:41 PM

Solution: Contact the support . Did they not respond?

have had endless attempts to get help, they initially taught me how to use my master key to create a new wallet, but after that no response for months.
ACtually, I tried depositing a small amount, and can not send the amount of there. It shows my remaining balance as -ve.
They might have disabled it.

Disabled what? my address is in the blockchain, did you try and send payment to my public address? and it failed?

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 09:27:51 PM

just found this

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/30076/how-to-recover-coins-from-a-wallet-that-uses-bip32-deterministic-keys

starting to feel like i am screwed

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 09:28:33 PM

I do have the original pass phrase too btw

SURREALISTO

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:54:43 AM

HI

Im having exactly the same problem. Even asked in some threads some days ago.
Did you get the problem solved? Should I start to think about conspiracy theories?

I have been in touch with the Customer Service, they answer about every two days, they are polite, but it feels like they are not really wanting to adress the problem, as if they didnt understand it. As if they didnt know their product. They are aware that the send button in their online wallet is not working. And have told me that they are not in a hurry to fix it, but they expect it to make it functional this week.  Huh Who understands...

Back to the prob: I also have that Hex Private Key, i suspect that it is encrypted in 256bits, at least according to the one tab that appears only when you open the wallet for the first time.

The strange thing is that I have been able to change my access pasword to the wallet everytime I open the online wallet in a new browser.

And the ressult when I reopen it in a new browser is always the same HEX Private Key. When I try to open it with other wallet providers, they find the Private Key to be in the wrong format, or not in a "private key matching format". Even tried importing it in armory.

When you open your wallet in Dgex it doesnt provide you with a downloadable .wallet file. Or any file. Just a browser tab where you have to decide the encryption and then it gives you a printable master key browser page.

Any help would be much appreciated.

New users DO NOT USE THE DGEX WALLET!!

DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:58:15 AM

HI

Im having exactly the same problem. Even asked in some threads some days ago.
Did you get the problem solved? Should I start to think about conspiracy theories?

I have been in touch with the Customer Service, they answer about every two days, they are polite, but it feels like they are not really wanting to adress the problem, as if they didnt understand it. As if they didnt know their product. They are aware that the send button in their online wallet is not working. And have told me that they are not in a hurry to fix it, but they expect it to make it functional this week.  Huh Who understands...

Back to the prob: I also have that Hex Private Key, i suspect that it is encrypted in 256bits, at least according to the one tab that appears only when you open the wallet for the first time.

The strange thing is that I have been able to change my access pasword to the wallet everytime I open the online wallet in a new browser.

And the ressult when I reopen it in a new browser is always the same HEX Private Key. When I try to open it with other wallet providers, they find the Private Key to be in the wrong format, or not in a "private key matching format". Even tried importing it in armory.

When you open your wallet in Dgex it doesnt provide you with a downloadable .wallet file. Or any file. Just a browser tab where you have to decide the encryption and then it gives you a printable master key browser page.

Any help would be much appreciated.

New users DO NOT USE THE DGEX WALLET!!

It is nice to know I am not alone, hope you don't have a lot at risk. I am fortunate I only have .25 BTC in this wallet. however, there might be a day when .25 btc will be worth a lot.....

It sounds like you have received more response from support than me. They don't respond to my emails anymore. I also don't think their support people have a clue what the problem is.

SURREALISTO

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:18:17 AM

Here some information that might help solve this problem.
Copied the wallets specs from the web

Lightweight BTC Client, no blockchain download
Local in-browser BTC transaction signing - your Private Keys never leave your machine
A one-time Master Backup ensures that you never lose your coins
Hierarchical Deterministic Wallets (HD Wallets)
Your wallet keys are all derived from A SINGLE master key which produces a 'Tree' of keys, instead of a 'Chain' like Armory or Electrum.
Receiving Addresses are used as public addresses, and all change from transactions you send out is sent to Spending Addresses.
Based on BIP32 HD Wallets
Encrypted and kept in Local Storage, Private Keys never leave your local machine

What thas it mean that Private Keys never leave your machine?
Where are they stored in that case?

tnks
SURREALISTO

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:50:01 AM

I have started to suspect that the fact that the wallets are BIP32 HD is what is keeping us from being able to import them to another wallet provider.

Lets see if somebody who understands a bit, tells us how to go further.

check
SURREALISTO

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:59:14 PM

Here some help from the customer service

_________----------------------________________

We contracted the wallet software from a third party with whom we don't have contact any more.

It's provided on test basis only and for the user to be fully responsible for the usage and funds. We do not have information on the detailed workings of the wallet software.

So you have the encrypted wallet key and the passphrase. I would suggest trying out various ways to decrypt the wallet key. For that to work out you would need to learn some of the Bitcoin basics.

There are some good tools for various operations that may help you,  information available on the Bitcoin forum for instance.

The problem may for instance be that you have a hex key, whereas you would need to import in another format to another software.

pywallet is advanced user software that is able to convert between different formats and maybe decrypt a wallet file.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A CLUE OF WHAT TO DO NOW??
Thanks guys. Hope this thread isnt dead.
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:18:10 AM

Here some help from the customer service

_________----------------------________________

We contracted the wallet software from a third party with whom we don't have contact any more.

It's provided on test basis only and for the user to be fully responsible for the usage and funds. We do not have information on the detailed workings of the wallet software.

So you have the encrypted wallet key and the passphrase. I would suggest trying out various ways to decrypt the wallet key. For that to work out you would need to learn some of the Bitcoin basics.

There are some good tools for various operations that may help you,  information available on the Bitcoin forum for instance.

The problem may for instance be that you have a hex key, whereas you would need to import in another format to another software.

pywallet is advanced user software that is able to convert between different formats and maybe decrypt a wallet file.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A CLUE OF WHAT TO DO NOW??
Thanks guys. Hope this thread isnt dead.

Yeah well i tested it and it sucks. What dumbass strategy is releasing software with zero plan on supporting it. These guys make me laugh, sooo funny.

Learn some bitcoin basics, woo hoo. How funny is this response oh my god.

Well I do have a bip32 master key, working pass phrase and public keys, now only to figure out how to rerun my encryption algos to get all my corresponding private keys, should be easy....

Sellers

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:41:49 AM

Hope you get your btc back!
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:29:09 AM

Got my coins! Split them with Surrealisto as promised Smiley

Thanks Surrealisto!!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: