Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:15:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monitor your mining with Cacti!  (Read 4650 times)
Hawkix (OP)

Activity: 531
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2011, 07:29:40 PM

I wanted to monitor several mining variables during the time. After trying, I went the Cacti (http://www.cacti.net/) way. This tools generates a very nice graphs with various scaling of time. The software is a bit complex and hard for newbie, but after trying few data inputs, templates, graphs, etc. you get accustomed to it and can fine-tune the output.

Here is sample of today's output of some graphs. Note that one of cards crashed due to overheating (getting hotter here each day, have to increase fan speeds), later the other gave up too. Lost about 0.4 BTC, DAMN.

For getting the data, simple PHP script parsing the JSON from web services will do its work. For example, to get your current deepbit hashrate, use:

Code:
<?php

$text 
file_get_contents("http://deepbit.net/api/<YOURAPICODEHERE>");
$json json_decode($text);
print 
$json->hashrate;

?>

For fetching GPU temperatures, I had to write a simple console program which works like http server returning JSON data about temperature. Used ATI ADL SDK to access card temperatures. I had to write this myself because on Windows there is no such software. In Linux, you can probably run aticonfig and grep/sed/awk for the temperatures. On the Linux, where the cacti runs, the poller uses similar PHP script to fetch the JSON data and print them.

Donations: 1Hawkix7GHym6SM98ii5vSHHShA3FUgpV6
http://btcportal.net/ - All about Bitcoin - coming soon!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 07:42:08 PM

Seems cool. How do we replicate what you're seeing? Cheesy

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
EPiSKiNG
Legendary

Activity: 800
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 09:06:34 PM

Seems cool. How do we replicate what you're seeing? Cheesy

Yes.  Please do tell.  I have Cacti installed just fine, but need to know what data to link to and what graph to work with... Please let me know what you're doing to get the Deepbit hasrate graph working.  Thank you!  (+tip)

-EP

YOU CAN TRUST ME! EPiSKiNG-'s COINS!! BUYING / SELLING BTC - USA --- View my OTC Trading Feedback!!
<gribble> You are identified as user EPiSKiNG-, with GPG key id 721730127CD7574D, key fingerprint EBFC267F8F10EFD1FB84854D721730127CD7574D, and bitcoin address 1EPiSKiNG139bzcwTm8rxMFNfFFdanLW5K
Hawkix (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2011, 09:34:32 PM

Use this link: http://docs.cacti.net/manual:088:3a_advanced_topics.1_data_input_methods#data_input_methods
from Cacti documentation to help you to do this:

1. Place the above mentioned script into cacti installation scripts folder .. name it deepbit_hashrate.php, test it if it dumps the rate
2. Create Data Input Method attached to this script (input this: /usr/bin/php <path_cacti>/scripts/deepbit_hashrate.php)
3. Create Data Template using the given Data Input Method, use GAUGE for hashrate, set range from 0 to 1000 or higher if you need
4. Create a Graph Template and add the Data Template as AREA graph type and also as GPRINT type of LAST VALUE
5. Go to Devices and add the Graph Template to your localhost graphs
6. Click on the link at the top to Create Graphs, check the box of graph and click Create
7. After a 5-minute poll interval, check in Graphs tab if the graph shows
8. Go to Graph Templates and fine-tune the template, add AVERAGE, MIN, MAX, etc.

Seems awkward at first, but thats the way Cacti is designed.

gat3way

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 10:10:18 PM

Yeah, cacti is a nice idea. I am currently working on a zabbix-based solution for my personal use, but both should have the same functionality - I am just not quite into cacti stuff.
EPiSKiNG
Legendary

Activity: 800
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 11:09:31 PM

Use this link: http://docs.cacti.net/manual:088:3a_advanced_topics.1_data_input_methods#data_input_methods
from Cacti documentation to help you to do this:

1. Place the above mentioned script into cacti installation scripts folder .. name it deepbit_hashrate.php, test it if it dumps the rate
2. Create Data Input Method attached to this script (input this: /usr/bin/php <path_cacti>/scripts/deepbit_hashrate.php)
3. Create Data Template using the given Data Input Method, use GAUGE for hashrate, set range from 0 to 1000 or higher if you need
4. Create a Graph Template and add the Data Template as AREA graph type and also as GPRINT type of LAST VALUE
5. Go to Devices and add the Graph Template to your localhost graphs
6. Click on the link at the top to Create Graphs, check the box of graph and click Create
7. After a 5-minute poll interval, check in Graphs tab if the graph shows
8. Go to Graph Templates and fine-tune the template, add AVERAGE, MIN, MAX, etc.

Seems awkward at first, but thats the way Cacti is designed.

Any way you can export your template?  I seem to be having issues...

-EP

YOU CAN TRUST ME! EPiSKiNG-'s COINS!! BUYING / SELLING BTC - USA --- View my OTC Trading Feedback!!
<gribble> You are identified as user EPiSKiNG-, with GPG key id 721730127CD7574D, key fingerprint EBFC267F8F10EFD1FB84854D721730127CD7574D, and bitcoin address 1EPiSKiNG139bzcwTm8rxMFNfFFdanLW5K
fpgaminer

Activity: 560
Merit: 517

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 12:03:04 AM

Thank you for sharing this! I'm gonna poke at it later today and see if I can get it working  Cool Just got my little multitail setup working last night, so this will be another nice improvement.

Hawkix (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 09:12:31 AM

I've attached a single Graph Template exported from my Cacti. Please note that I never exported nor imported templates, so I cannot guarrantie it will work from scratch. Remember to place your deepbit_hashrate.php into cacti/scripts/ folder of your Cacti installation.

EDIT: can't attach here, reports full upload dir. So, use this link instead: http://www.2shared.com/file/N8ZQ3RN9/cacti_graph_template_deepbit_m.html

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: