Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:32:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining equipment Question For Mining experts using 220 V electric  (Read 1444 times)
cyberpinoy (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 12:52:30 AM

Hello, I live in the Philippines our electric here is 220V

I am curious about a few things.

I notice a couple things with my miners and have came up with a couple conclusions. Are these conclusions correct I have no clue, I hope you guys can correct me where I am wrong.

I use chinese made dragon miners. My browser stats reflect very small differences in hashing numbers, always between 1.028 Thash and 1.005 Thash per machine. However my stats reflected pool side range from 800GHS to 1200GHS per machine and bounce around like a bunch of jackrabbits. I also notice the hardware errors and rejects increase at certain ties of the day, usually higher rejects and hardware errors in the evening hours from 5 PM to 1 AM and no rejects and very little hardware errors all the other times of the day. Some information you may need is we are on a shared internet service means a lot of people use the same IP when connecting to the internet. (FYI ALL internet here is shared internet even what they consider Dedicated Static IP is not a true definition of a static IP address.

I have concluded the Rejects are due to internet problems and hardware errors are due to electricity fluctuations. Am I correct in this assumption?

The rest of this post is based on the above assumptions by me Smiley

Now this probably will not happen in USA or other countries using 110V grounded electric but here in the 220 area, while standing on the cement floor, if you just touch one of these miners you feel a nice shock of electricity. If you are sitting in a chair with your feet off the "ground" you do not feel any shock when touching them. After looking at a lot of Chinese Farms (where the machines come from) I noticed they have them incased and mounted to metal racks that are mounted to the cement floors, some of the floors have tile on them but I do not think that makes a difference, I think it will still be grounded.

Right now my machines sit on a wooden table blowing the hot air outside the room completely.

My question, If I put my machines on the cement floor will this effect my machines mining capabilities? In USA the machines are grounded by the electricity they use. Here in the Philippines they are not grounded in that way. But before I tried this and possibly ruined one of my machines I wanted to ask some expert advice. What effect if any would putting my machines directly on the cement floor have to their mining capabilities. I want to assume by the Chinese farms using metal racks mounted to cement floors they are in a sense grounding their machines in this way so I may have the same effect. It seems to me when you look at the stats of the miners n the chinese sites they run much more stable, I am wondering if putting them on the floor may make their mined stats on the pool side a little more stable maybe 1000 to 1200 GHS instead of 700 to 1200 GHS.

What are your thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:52:51 AM

Putting the machines on the ground will not hurt them in any way.  Grounding in the USA protects usually the exterior casing and other things that make shock or cause a short.  So if you ground the casing by placing it on the ground it is almost the same thing, however just laying it on the ground probably won't provide you much protection.

For the most part in the USA most people that work with computer based equipment will see 3 voltages 120/240/208 most modern PSU's are full range which means it handles all 110-240 so your 220 should not cause an issue if you have full range power supply.  PSU's can handle small voltage drops as long as you don't drop too fast and below 105v.  More then likely it is something else if your PSU's are having issues.

Do you have 50/60 hz?  I would get a multimeter and check voltage and maybe a frequency counter if you want to see if your hz are changing but I doubt that is the case.

Hope this helps

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
cyberpinoy (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 03:02:01 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 03:14:04 AM by cyberpinoy

Putting the machines on the ground will not hurt them in any way.  Grounding in the USA protects usually the exterior casing and other things that make shock or cause a short.  So if you ground the casing by placing it on the ground it is almost the same thing, however just laying it on the ground probably won't provide you much protection.

For the most part in the USA most people that work with computer based equipment will see 3 voltages 120/240/208 most modern PSU's are full range which means it handles all 110-240 so your 220 should not cause an issue if you have full range power supply.  PSU's can handle small voltage drops as long as you don't drop too fast and below 105v.  More then likely it is something else if your PSU's are having issues.

Do you have 50/60 hz?  I would get a multimeter and check voltage and maybe a frequency counter if you want to see if your hz are changing but I doubt that is the case.

Hope this helps

1200 watt 50-60HZ it says,

I just can not figure any other reasons why the drastic jumps in hash. I can understand 1000 to 1200 up and down, but 700 or even 600 up to 1200 and sometimes 1700 its just really annoying. it makes me ask a lot of questions, like if it can hit 1700 what is it capable of on a steady mining phase, you know, waht if I am able to get 1200 to 1500 stable if i can figure out what is causing these horrid spikes. but most important why does the browser config not reflect these spikes?

My questions come because as you can see when they drop most of the time they drop equally together, they then bounce back and forth above and below each other, but when a drastic drop hits they both drop evenly together. So I am just so confused.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:18:58 AM

Try different difficulty 256, or 512.  If that does not help switch pools, as some pools might be better to your location then others.  Most dragons run pretty much 1 T and don't very much if set right.
cyberpinoy (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 11:26:03 PM

Try different difficulty 256, or 512.  If that does not help switch pools, as some pools might be better to your location then others.  Most dragons run pretty much 1 T and don't very much if set right.

I use the 256 setting, the pool above picks the difficulty for you, these results are the same on a handful of pools, Ghash.io, eobot, coinking, bitcoin affiliate network, slushes, f2Pool(this is the pool tha machines are tested on) and a few others. thats why i was so concerned as to why they have such drastic jumps, 10% even 15 % I could understand but these stats are kinda crazy. I also try different servers within pools, Bitcoin Affiliate has a lot of different pools located everywhere I have tried them all. some close to me others not so close, and the same with other pools that have additional pool servers you can choose.

huffdaddy5

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 12:54:30 AM

Regarding the spikes you are seeing on your pool (Bitcoin Affiliate Network(BAN) I'm assuming), I had the same issue with BAN where I would get -20 to +20% fluctuation on my 2TH/s Antminer S4's. I tried a pool in China where I have a couple hosted and I also tried the US pools and they both do the same. I've now switched pools. Many other issues with BAN too but I leave it at that...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: