Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:28:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think of advertising (at least moderately blatantly) in other securities' threads?
I don't have an issue with it. - 5 (25%)
I tolerate it. - 4 (20%)
I dislike it. - 7 (35%)
I haven't noticed it. - 4 (20%)
Total Voters: 20

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [REQUEST] Cease advertising in other securities' threads.  (Read 891 times)
BinaryMage (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 11:55:28 PM

I'm not going to name names or point fingers, but this is starting to get annoying. We can all read the thread titles, we can all follow your signature links. Do you really need to clutter up threads unnecessarily with blatant advertising for Mining Bond/Pirate Pass Through/Other Security X? It just annoys those of us who want to see any updates on something we've invested/are interested in without wading through pages of irrelevant nonsense about other bonds, wait time on whatever magical next-gen product BFL has put out, and whatever new variation on an HYIP Pirate is being accused of. I don't know if we can really do anything about the latter two, but it seems the first would be easy to correct.

Please, keep your advertising to your own threads. Keep debates about an asset to the actual thread on that asset. If you have an issue with someone's business idea, post it once, not all over five different mostly unrelated threads. If you think yours is better, fine. Demonstrate so in your thread, and people will come to you. Trust me, it'll make the forum a better place for all of us.

Alright, I'm done whining and ranting. Fire away.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 01:02:33 AM

Wrong subforum, bro. This should belong in Meta.
BinaryMage (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 02:25:17 AM

Wrong subforum, bro. This should belong in Meta.

I put it here as it's a request to users of this particular subforum, not moderators or administrators. I'm not asking for a change in forum functionality or moderation. This seemed to more closely fit the target audience, but if you think it should belong in meta, you're the expert here.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: