Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:20:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Influential Person in Bitcoin 2014  (Read 1920 times)
raskul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:49:22 PM

Everyone who uses Bitcoin.  Kiss

certificates for all!

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:55:24 PM

Andreas surely is the most known person in the Bitcoin network and his contribution has been amazing. There's this other guy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgo7FCCPuylVk4luP3JAgVw James D'angelo which is participating to many Senates conferences and made great videos about Bitcoin aswell, he definitely has a nice number of followers.
raskul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:58:37 PM

Andreas surely is the most known person in the Bitcoin network and his contribution has been amazing. There's this other guy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgo7FCCPuylVk4luP3JAgVw James D'angelo which is participating to many Senates conferences and made great videos about Bitcoin aswell, he definitely has a nice number of followers.

i've watched James' video-casts a few times, all very informative and i think, designed to be targeted to those how are new to bitcoin. He certainly has made some effort in getting the message across.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:08:29 PM

Positive is Andreas with his senate presentation. Negative is a toss up between Mark Karpeles and Sonny Vleisides. Karpeles took more money but was short lived in the media. Vleisides only took $20-$50 million but received a longer duration of media coverage. Hard to call.

lontivero

Activity: 164
Merit: 128

Amazing times are coming

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:19:25 PM

Tough choices
I would say Gavin as usual core developer for the protocol
Turr Demester for his interesting speeches
And perhaps Andreas Antopoulos although there are quite a few candiates from that Bitcoin Senate Series to choose from

Could mention Slush etc.

Mr Demester has some interesting speeches but in some of those he says BS like this one:

That is a plain lie (read the ecb report by yourself here: https://www.ecb.europa.eu/pub/pdf/other/virtualcurrencyschemes201210en.pdf)
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 12:28:46 AM

Andreas Antopoulos

Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 12:36:10 AM

andreas

he has helped governments, universities, merchants and average joes understand bitcoin beyond the advertised crap that speculators, mining hobbyists and media usually spout out.

he has cleared up many misconceptions and explained the untapped potential that usually gets unspoken. without him many businesses would not have adopted bitcoin. many governments would have tried to rule bitcoin and many users would have not understood bitcoin

Andreas did good works for Bitcoin, but he occasionally talk BS. For example he claimed worldwide remittance market make a profit of $175bn per year while the real figure is nowhere near that.

Exactly.

It's only 174.9bn per year.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
greatwolf_

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 02:01:47 AM

Andreas Antopoulos

Second vote goes to James D'angelo
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:22:40 AM

Andreas Antopoulos

Second vote goes to James D'angelo

James is great, but Andreas is on another level.

Also, I really don't care for the politics of environmentalism
that James has mixed into a few of his Bitcoin videos.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: