Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 01:45:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Far Cry 4 the best yet?  (Read 1645 times)
Nobitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:28:18 PM

I was playing this recently and figured that it was almost the same but realised it is but better. The environment was much improved and the animals crazy... I think this game should be 2014 best.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 04:55:44 PM

Now that I can actually play the game without freezing or crashing Tongue I don't think it's that much of an improvement from Farcry 3 to be honest, it's not a bad game to be sure but I think as far as sandbox type games go it's actually pretty average, when you get down to it it's a bit like Saints Row where you're just running around to different points finishing side missions and stuff to help you finish the ultimate objective in an extremely large world and I personally don't think that's very sandbox if I'm making any sense.

There's lots of stuff to do, don't get me wrong, but I don't know, just seems a bit meh compared to other stuff I've played.
michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:58:33 PM

I was playing this recently and figured that it was almost the same but realised it is but better. The environment was much improved and the animals crazy... I think this game should be 2014 best.
I just bought a code for it for about $25 in bitcoin... Waiting for it to download now.
I heard there is an alternate ending reachable in only 15mins of game start.

jsmit332

Activity: 792
Merit: 1001

Video editing • Animated GIFs • Graphic Design

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:41:20 PM

I loved Far Cry 3 and cant wait to play Far Cry 4. I hope it is good.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 01:32:47 AM

It's not bad, just don't get your hopes up, a lot of it is "press <button> to jump to this cliff ledge" rather than it being a proper sandbox, I was particularly annoyed that the chopper is limited by invisible walls which aren't your standard solids but they actually shut down your chopper's engines.
jsmit332

Activity: 792
Merit: 1001

Video editing • Animated GIFs • Graphic Design

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:07:04 AM

It's not bad, just don't get your hopes up, a lot of it is "press <button> to jump to this cliff ledge" rather than it being a proper sandbox, I was particularly annoyed that the chopper is limited by invisible walls which aren't your standard solids but they actually shut down your chopper's engines.

OMG, still can't wat to get it
Nobitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966

In holiday we trust

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 10:09:00 AM

The helicopter reminds me of James Bond and got a huge buzz flying it and dropping grenades on rhinos.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 10:21:34 AM

It's so similar in mechanics and premise, it almost seems ridiculous to buy 4 if you have 3. I don't have anything bad to say about it, though. Some of the additions seem useless (not many situations you'd want an elephant if you found one), but they don't detract. Fun & engaging, stays that way for a long time. Got my ass handed to me over and over in the Himalaya missions.
michaeladair

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:15:54 AM

It's so similar in mechanics and premise, it almost seems ridiculous to buy 4 if you have 3. I don't have anything bad to say about it, though. Some of the additions seem useless (not many situations you'd want an elephant if you found one), but they don't detract. Fun & engaging, stays that way for a long time. Got my ass handed to me over and over in the Himalaya missions.

I bought Far Cry 4 thinking it was Just Cause 3... Just Cause 3 is the game I really want, that game is fun as hell...

(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 06:18:34 AM

I don't care much for single player (SP) games. Still waiting for the cracked multi-player (MP) version for PC. (If it ever comes.) I bought FC2 for my PS3 and loved making maps and had fun playing MP, but I didn't get FC3 just because it didn't have a map editor.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 07:15:35 AM

Multiplayer cracks? What world do you live in? Yes there are some but they can be awfully hacky depending on how the game is set up, if you want multiplayer that badly then just wait until the game gets dirt cheap and then buy it or save up.
saullysaul78

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 07:25:10 AM

Meh. Way too much like Far Cry 3, really weak story. I wished they had changed up some things...
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:21:08 AM

I haven't played Far Cry 4 (or any of the others for that matter), but I found Zero Punctuation's review of the game to be quite funny: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/9930-Far-Cry-4-Review (Far Cry 4 - F**k Eagles). In it, he complains mostly about the game being Far Cry 3 ++, not being able to play as the protagonist's parents, boring game play, and eagles. Cheesy
DodoB

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 11:29:11 AM

It's basically an expansion pack for Far Cry 3. pretty lame
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 11:40:09 AM

I never played any of the "Far Cry". However, I seen the game play of Far Cry 4. It looks like a pretty good game.
blablaace

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 11:54:29 AM

The most annoying problem I came across are extremely dark shadows. When you play on high or ultra, they are so black, and then the game becomes unplayable. But, when you play on medium, shadows are normal. Now I can only wait for a new update.
thermost

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:33:17 PM

It's a pretty good game, little bit repetitive with some of the missions (especially if you've played FC3). Liking the auto-drive feature Wink
llanillo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:44:04 PM

I did play Far cry 3 and i can say that was an excellent game!!! But i got bored fast.. I have not played Far cry 4 but it seems pretty good but i would say the best game will be Batman Arkham Knight .. i saw the trailer and omaiga!!!

This one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_vqzYOvgvc

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
michaeladair

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:44:54 PM

I did play Far cry 3 and i can say that was an excellent game!!! But i got bored fast.. I have not played Far cry 4 but it seems pretty good but i would say the best game will be Batman Arkham Knight .. i saw the trailer and omaiga!!!

This one:

Best Game will definitely be Just Cause 3... free roam, tons of vehicles, and more!

llanillo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:51:04 PM

This one:

Best Game will definitely be Just Cause 3... free roam, tons of vehicles, and more!

Loool yeah i forgot about that game ... it will be a good game too .. but im more fan of batman xD

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: