Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:29:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you put 200% of the cost of a Item in escrow?  (Voting closed: December 15, 2014, 01:01:11 AM)
Yes - 4 (13.8%)
No - 25 (86.2%)
Total Voters: 29

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you put 200% of the cost of a Item in escrow?  (Read 1597 times)
RiverBoatBTC (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 01:01:11 AM

Been talking to some people about escrow, one of the systems requires users to put the cost of a item in escrow time two.

For instance you buy a miner for 5BTC  you must put 10BTC into escrow.

The seller is also required to put up the cost of the item into escrow.

If you and the other person do not agree you and the seller lose all the coins to the escrow system. So the system would get 15BTC from the dispute.

Would you use a system like this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 02:37:41 PM

Need some more votes

RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 02:47:24 PM

trustless. I am trying to prove to bitbay, the average user will not and can not afford to use such a system. They are high on some sort of kool aid and refuse to listen.

Not only that if you are a merchant and have 100 items for sale at .25 btc a piece you have to escrow 25BTC. Does that sound usable to you?

There answer so far is... we will have only trusted sellers so there will be no need for escrow  Roll Eyes

mmmaybe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 02:52:37 PM

What's the argument for the system?

RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 02:53:36 PM

What's the argument for the system?

Its super duper safe... no middle man.. no fee's.

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:58:49 PM

Just to elaborate on my 'No' vote: I had a look at the BitBay escrow system, and my first thought was that this is simply not going to fly. I do not believe that anyone will be willing to put so much on the line in an escrow system, especially if you lose the escrow amount if a deal falls through.

The idea behind it is a good one, to establish an eco-system of trusted buyers and sellers, but getting people to make the first steps needed to build up a trustworthy rep under this system is going to be very difficult, I reckon.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 03:15:43 PM

Just to elaborate on my 'No' vote: I had a look at the BitBay escrow system, and my first thought was that this is simply not going to fly. I do not believe that anyone will be willing to put so much on the line in an escrow system, especially if you lose the escrow amount if a deal falls through.

The idea behind it is a good one, to establish an eco-system of trusted buyers and sellers, but getting people to make the first steps needed to build up a trustworthy rep under this system is going to be very difficult, I reckon.

I talked to syscoin about it they were going to use the same system. Know what they said, good point we will fix it and add another option. Check out syscoin escrow options much better.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 03:19:30 PM

200% and the seller also have to put up the full price, and then loosing all if there's an argument  Shocked?!? That's insane. The most basic interest of the escrow is driving as much deals to failure as they can Smiley.

To be honest, I've seen people here getting scammer tags (negative trust nowadays) for much less than this business model.
RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 03:21:05 PM

200% and the seller also have to put up the full price, and then loosing all if there's an argument  Shocked?!? That's insane. The most basic interest of the escrow is driving as much deals to failure as they can Smiley.

To be honest, I've seen people here getting scammer tags (negative trust nowadays) for much less than this business model.

They have a huge pitcher of koolaid they are drinking in bitbay, and its got them plum stupid on the matter.

But the called me ignorant for bringing up the problem "cause I just don't get it" lol

defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 03:44:03 PM

This is called double deposit escrow and basicly how bitHalo works

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 03:48:38 PM

First question who will be the escrow?
+1 and how much would it cost in fee...
(escrow aren't cheap around... so the no fee system... not so much...)
but that's a good opportunity for the escrow  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 03:54:17 PM

I like the traditional escrow system , and I think also it works properly Wink. However maybe in the future the system will be implemented
RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 05:21:45 PM

I like the traditional escrow system , and I think also it works properly Wink. However maybe in the future the system will be implemented

I agree, anyone who is investing in bitbay as a marketplace is a fool. It has nothing that you can not do with out it.

You can use multisig for smart contracts
Syscoin is has a wroking proof of concept for decentralized markets.

and the bitbay community is full of tardo's that have had 1 to many glasses of bitbay koolaid lol

RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 05:29:47 PM

Bump

TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 06:27:48 PM

I've never had to use escrow before, but I have escrowed for many many people. I've only had 1 instance of something not going right. I always tell both the buyer and the seller before we proceed that in the event of a dispute I have full authority to decide how the coins should be distributed (I also state that if there was a dispute, I will be giving up my fee amount).

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 07:02:30 PM

Been talking to some people about escrow, one of the systems requires users to put the cost of a item in escrow time two.

If you and the other person do not agree you and the seller lose all the coins to the escrow system. So the system would get 15BTC from the dispute.

First of all, you are stupid
Second, you don't need to put 200%
Third, the system would get nothing from the dispute

The conclusion, you are stupid

You put WHATEVER amount you agree with the party. Seller and buyers agrees whatever the amount suits them best.

There no "if you and the other person do not agree". If that happens in a friendly manner, both seller and buyer gets their escrow "fee" back.

This system can only work like this... lose-lose or win-win. The incentive for scamming the party is 0, so why bother starting a fraudulent transaction?

oh, and lets not forget, you are stupid
RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 07:09:36 PM

You put WHATEVER amount you agree with the party. Seller and buyers agrees whatever the amount suits them best.

There no "if you and the other person do not agree". If that happens in a friendly manner, both seller and buyer gets their escrow "fee" back.

This system can only work like this... lose-lose or win-win. The incentive for scamming the party is 0, so why bother starting a fraudulent transaction?

And this is what you get with bitbay people.. lol

The head dev of bitbay explains it exactly like I said it http://youtu.be/wZp3Up5Y4pE?t=5m47s

qawzsx

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 07:17:29 PM

The head dev of bitbay explains it exactly like I said it http://youtu.be/wZp3Up5Y4pE?t=5m47s

No, this is that YOU (RiverBoatBTC) gets, since you are just a low life BS spreader.

No you monkey, that's how YOU understand, not how he explains it. Double escrow does not mean 200% of the cost of item. Double deposit escrow means that both BUYER and SELLER must cover the escrow.
RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 07:36:21 PM

No, this is that YOU (RiverBoatBTC) gets, since you are just a low life BS spreader.

No you monkey, that's how YOU understand, not how he explains it. Double escrow does not mean 200% of the cost of item. Double deposit escrow means that both BUYER and SELLER must cover the escrow.

You sure are a angry little fellow, its ok I know you drink from the bitbay koolaid but when it all comes crashing down. I will just give you a little  Wink

qawzsx

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 07:44:59 PM

You sure are a angry little fellow, its ok I know you drink from the bitbay koolaid but when it all comes crashing down. I will just give you a little  Wink

I'm not angry you shithead, i'm just straight as an arrow and I'm not following my tail before saying something in someones face.

You learn a freaking new work and you are repeating that shit like a broken clock. koolaid, koolaid...your post history is full of it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: