Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:23:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So whats the verdict about the auction ?  (Read 2912 times)
elinehaarbollen (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 10:01:53 PM

Sorry for this noobish question. How can we know the news ?
Kind regards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 10:17:11 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/tim-draper-wins-2000-btc-second-bitcoin-auction/

It says draper got another 2000

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
elinehaarbollen (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 10:27:15 PM

how many each coin ?
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 10:28:02 PM

we won't know price... Unless the person is kind enough to tell us! Meaning it will never happen.

wow typical... I thought he would try to buy all of them just to lower his cost price. Looks like he knows better, he knows he will have to sell soon. I wonder who bought most since only 11 bidders
Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 10:31:30 PM

we won't know price... Unless the person is kind enough to tell us! Meaning it will never happen.

wow typical... I thought he would try to buy all of them just to lower his cost price. Looks like he knows better, he knows he will have to sell soon. I wonder who bought most since only 11 bidders

Who is draper? Is he somebody from around here?

I am thinking the price would be a lot lower than for what it sells on the exchanges.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:06:38 PM

I am thinking the price would be a lot lower than for what it sells on the exchanges.
Seriously?
Draper won first auction (all 30,000 coins) and paid more than market price. Now he won only 2,000 coins of 50,000. Make your own conclussions...

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 11:23:14 PM

Seriously?
Draper won first auction (all 30,000 coins) and paid more than market price. Now he won only 2,000 coins of 50,000. Make your own conclussions...

Conclusion, he wanted to make sure he lowered his price per coin & since there was only 11 bidders you can see they all easily paid very well below market value
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:27:04 PM

the billionaire that wanted to double down could only get 2.000 out of 50.000 coins? lmao...

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 11:32:08 PM

I'm guessing Pantera got zero since they said they bid under market price, if Draper only ended up with 2,000

Newbie1022

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:41:45 PM

I'm guessing Pantera got zero since they said they bid under market price, if Draper only ended up with 2,000

The greed is strong in this one.
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 12:09:05 AM

Seriously?

Conclusion, he wanted to make sure he lowered his price per coin & since there was only 11 bidders you can see they all easily paid very well below market value
Before auction ends you know shit. How much bidders, whats their price. You only know that you want to win. Becuse you won prevoius, you have experience.... You know that yours opponents know the same... Make a story continous... I say bullish...

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 12:10:04 AM

the billionaire that wanted to double down could only get 2.000 out of 50.000 coins? lmao...

LMFAO What idiot would double down when you are already down millions??? You idiots really have faith no matter what. Good luck to all you "get rich quick" idiots
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 12:10:36 AM

Well it makes sense for him to bid considerably lower this time since last time he outbid everyone and could have gotten the coins cheaper probably. Now he has more information to decide on his bids for the next auction, and he's not likely to share that information. I would guess he placed his bids just below market around $350, to bid competitively and still have a chance at getting some coins which he succeeded at. But it could also be way higher or lower, there's not much to base it on only Draper knows.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 12:37:45 AM

He also said he'll have to buy more on the open market now:

“I will have to buy some more Bitcoin on the open market to fulfill my commitment to the new batch of Boost companies,” Mr. Draper said in an email. Draper Associates had teamed up with Boost VC, the Bitcoin start-up accelerator founded by his son, Adam Draper, to invest 300 Bitcoins in every company that works with Boost.
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/12/05/venture-capitalist-tim-draper-wins-small-piece-of-bitcoin-auction/?_r=0

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 12:43:11 AM

LMFAO What idiot would double down when you are already down millions??? You idiots really have faith no matter what. Good luck to all you "get rich quick" idiots

Because that's what people who think long-term do. Tim is no slouch when it comes to taking positive-expectation long-term positions.

The classic weak-minded play is to buy more and more when price is rising, and/or sell more and more (or fail to buy more) when the price is falling. Long-term investors typically spend a lot of due-diligence time building their thesis, then decisively build their positions while the price is below what they consider net-present-value. If the price drops, they'll often consider that a happy opportunity to buy more if fundamentals have either stayed the same or improved.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 12:45:39 AM

Well it makes sense for him to bid considerably lower this time since last time he outbid everyone and could have gotten the coins cheaper probably. Now he has more information to decide on his bids for the next auction, and he's not likely to share that information. I would guess he placed his bids just below market around $350, to bid competitively and still have a chance at getting some coins which he succeeded at. But it could also be way higher or lower, there's not much to base it on only Draper knows.

Sounds like you have no idea how marshal auctions work... we all go in knowing we will pay way less than market price OTHERWISE theyre are plenty other ways to get bitcoin over the counter
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 12:54:19 AM

i agree, that would actually make alot of sense if you are thinking about the next batch of coins that could be auctioned.
but then i'm not sure what to think about him saying to buy on the market now, because he needs more btc for boost vc.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 04:12:46 AM

i agree, that would actually make alot of sense if you are thinking about the next batch of coins that could be auctioned.
but then i'm not sure what to think about him saying to buy on the market now, because he needs more btc for boost vc.

He is full of shit and trying to bring the bulls out since he is down millions of dollars... people who still pay attention to him are idiots!
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:51:55 PM

^ Such anger, much fear ^
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:18:14 PM

*throws feces*

Because that's what people who think long-term do. Tim is no slouch when it comes to taking positive-expectation long-term positions.

Please stop quoting the crazy monkey, thanks Smiley

Well it makes sense for him to bid considerably lower this time since last time he outbid everyone and could have gotten the coins cheaper probably.

Yeah he probably adjusted his auction strategy this time; also I believe the fact that somebody got 9 out of 10 blocks above his price means there was more than one buyer, probably several small entities; otherwise the number 9 makes no sense.

i am satoshi
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: