Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:34:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big press mention - DailyFinance.com & AOL.com Home Page  (Read 4681 times)
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 01:31:42 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2012, 02:13:22 AM by evoorhees

Hey all - Great article just released on the home page of DailyFinance.com (AOL's prime finance site). Pretty big deal, so I'd encourage all y'all to visit the page, tweet it and like it from the social tags at the top (this boosts their results), and add a comment at the bottom.

EDIT: Actually made it to AOL.com home page. See second screenshot below.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/06/18/bitcoins-euro-europe-safe-haven-currency/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 01:33:04 AM

Woot!!

Im clicking to see Mike Bryan in action!!!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 01:33:46 AM

Wow.  One click from Aol.com to the article! 

evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 01:37:36 AM

Wow.  One click from Aol.com to the article! 

Thanks for the tip, added second screenshot.
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 01:39:29 AM

Woot!!

Im clicking to see Mike Bryan in action!!!

I love the irony of a Citi ad on the page also...  Citi is paying the website which just featured an article about the monetary system that will destroy Citi.  Grin
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 04:34:43 AM

I wonder if one of the billionaire media magnates has bought into bitcoin and is now promoting it  Wink

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 04:41:37 AM

Bitcoin is in the aol mail top stories too.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 04:50:25 AM

I wonder if one of the billionaire media magnates has bought into bitcoin and is now promoting it  Wink

That's not as far fetched as it may sound Wink
enmaku

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 04:55:30 AM

Two ways to look at this...

1) It's highly unlikely that anyone still using AOL will be competent enough to even understand Bitcoin at the point, letalone use it.

or

2) If we've come so far that even AOLers are aware of us, we've come pretty damn far.

Not sure which I'm sticking with just yet...
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 05:08:34 AM

What's an aol?  Wink

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 05:09:17 AM

1) It's highly unlikely that anyone still using AOL will be competent enough to even understand Bitcoin at the point, letalone use it.

That's the correct one. Just look at the comments on the article and you'll understand why lol
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 05:13:11 AM

That's the correct one. Just look at the comments on the article and you'll understand why lol

Don't judge DailyFinance readership to their commentators on the website. It's read by many financial intellectuals, professionals, mainstream public.

The overall tone of the article was solid. I think the voice of the story is that Bitcoin has great uses, in a real life concept that applies to the consumer side with economic and financial legitimacy. Just look at the numbers.

I'm really happy that Bitcoin articles over the past few weeks and months. We went from "The Rise and Fall of Bitcoin" to:

"The Rise"

Cool

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
genuise

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 05:29:24 AM

Despite the overall solid tone of the article, I felt from it and from recent media a kind of too much blaiming to EUR in contast with USD.

While they both deserve such attitude.

Can you agree?

Cryptoman

Activity: 726

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 06:28:59 AM

I can't believe this whole "Bitcoin is safer than the Euro" meme is still getting traction.  Roll Eyes  Not that I disagree.  Wink

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 06:42:49 AM

What's an aol?  Wink

An analogy: AOL was to the Internet in the past as PayPal is to Bitcoin today.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AOL

The irony.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
genuise

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 06:58:01 AM

I can't believe this whole "Bitcoin is safer than the Euro" meme is still getting traction.  Roll Eyes  Not that I disagree.  Wink

Any mention of Bitcoin as alternative is good.

But current attack on EUR seems to outshine USD in eyes of public Smiley

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 11:14:17 AM

I dont think the Euro will cease to be traded as a currency for a long time, at least in some countries of the EU.
I also dont think bitcoin will cease to be traded, but it may loose much value in the long run and in market crashes for a number of reasons the Euro is safe from experiencing, like being declared illegal in some jurisdictions, having to fade besides a better alternative (bitcoin 2.0?), being hacked all the time (ok bitcoin has not been hacked as a scource code, but it is still thinkable, while the Euro cannot be hacked in any way. How do you want to hack a bill?).

To summarize my unrequested thoughts: Euro kind of save, BTC a fucking rollercoaster ride with some parts of the track missing.
Lets go rollercoaster!
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 12:27:55 PM

ok bitcoin has not been hacked as a scource code, but it is still thinkable, while the Euro cannot be hacked in any way. How do you want to hack a bill?

How would I hack a bill? Well, I suppose I could let a bankrupt government print more of them, thereby reducing the value to almost nothing, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon... wait, never mind. Roll Eyes

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 12:45:15 PM

How would I hack a bill?

Simple. You hack the mind who help make the bill in the first place.  Wink

minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 01:20:58 PM

I'm I the only one getting the feeling that the (media) train is once again really starting to roll for Bitcoin?
In December and January when Bitcoin was left for dead by the media there was no popular media exposure, then by March we were getting roughly by-weekly exposure. And now it is multiple times every week!
This is great.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: