Author Topic: Woah  (Read 4157 times)
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 11:15:19 PM

It's funny because that question is answered every time the difficulty changes. Maybe these people could use the search function once in a while, you know...

Have you tried it?

Challenge:

Give me a search phrase that can answer this question without browsing beyond the 3rd page of results.

My first hit, after looking for 2 minutes:

search "network hashing", match any words, check search in topic subjects only, limit it to the mining sub section. Only one page of results, 3rd from the bottom. Thread if from February.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rezin777

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 11:19:49 PM

increased network

stock search

10 seconds

5th result

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 11:20:27 PM

increased network

stock search

10 seconds

5th result

I got owned

oillio

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 11:30:44 PM

I can't for the life of me figure out why the tools are written this way.  It is quite easy to avoid the problem.

This.

You keep seeing this come up because something is broken.
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 11:52:15 PM

It's funny because that question is answered every time the difficulty changes. Maybe these people could use the search function once in a while, you know...

Have you tried it?

Challenge:

Give me a search phrase that can answer this question without browsing beyond the 3rd page of results.

bitcoin difficulty calculation

second hit...
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 05:33:17 AM

Have you tried it?

Challenge:

search "network hashing", match any words, check search in topic subjects only, limit it to the mining sub section. Only one page of results, 3rd from the bottom. Thread if from February.

Now consider that you actually knew what you were looking for and you still had to go through all that.
Zamicol

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 08:38:35 AM

"woah". Any further questions ?

ROTFL  Grin
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 10:28:30 AM

Have you tried it?

Challenge:

Now consider that you actually knew what you were looking for and you still had to go through all that.

Implying the guy looking for it doesn't know? That's kinda odd. There's a wealth of information on the forum and anyone slightly better than me (not hard) with the search function can find answers faster than creating a thread about it.

The other thing is, wouldn't it be nice if 5 out of 10 newcomers wouldn't start threads about deflation being bad or the network being vulnerable to the latest chimera Bitcoin haters come up with? I'm quite certain if people tried and search the forums for their questions instead of making a thread the second they have a question, we wouldn't be seeing such catastrophic headlines on the forums all the time, and we wouldn't have to perform damage control.

NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 03:12:40 PM

Implying the guy looking for it doesn't know?

I meant the guy looking for an answer doesn't know the answer in advance, unlike you.

I agree that people should use the search function but the simple fact that a question has already been answered once doesn't imply (a) it will be easy to find that answer or (b) they haven't already looked.

Usually, in the time it takes you to tell people to use the search function you could have just answered their question.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: