Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:18:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coiling for a big move..  (Read 4398 times)
inca (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:49:20 AM

3D MACD is solidly green. 1W MACD about to go green. The price is slowly climbing.

There has been a marked drop in volatility and bear raids are now doing little as follow-through selling seems to have dropped off.

Unintelligent newbie troll threads are proliferating giving the forum a supposed bearish appearance. They must be getting desperate Smiley

It looks like we will be moving heavily in one direction soon. In such a thin market anything is possible but if the giant wedge I have drawn comes true then we can only move sideways for another three weeks before the price is likely to breakout into the 400's or break down and retest the lows. If it breaks higher then bulls will come out of hibernation and things could move very quickly. Or we continue to accumulate!

smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:02:22 AM

cristal ball says: Sideways for a little longer.
Rise much later ... maybe a little but no moon-bogus-shit like november should be expected this time. More a little correction up but still below the 1000$ mark to reevaluate from there.

So i call: stagnation for weeks up to months - maybe even 1 year is possible (not likely) ... then some correction up to between 600 and 800 to see from there. In case everything's well up there maybe it'll be fun again trading crypto  Wink

But right now i would only expect stagnation
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2214
Merit: 3209

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 02:43:10 PM

cristal ball says: Sideways for a little longer.
Rise much later ... maybe a little but no moon-bogus-shit like november should be expected this time. More a little correction up but still below the 1000$ mark to reevaluate from there.

So i call: stagnation for weeks up to months - maybe even 1 year is possible (not likely) ... then some correction up to between 600 and 800 to see from there. In case everything's well up there maybe it'll be fun again trading crypto  Wink

But right now i would only expect stagnation

As long as some whales can move this tiny market, they will. Volatility = profit for them. Stability in the short term is wishful thinking.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 04:31:13 PM

I just keep watching that 3D EMA waiting for it to crossover.

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 04:32:47 PM

LOL at the BTC-e BTC100 and BTC169 wall on BTC-e trying to keep the price down.
Bears are trying to stop bitcoin from going to-da-moon Cheesy

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 05:22:14 PM

the REALLY big deal for Bitcoin in the past several months has been the tx volume increase.  prior to that, there was a real question regarding widespread adoption.  this increase bodes well for Bitcoins future.  it cannot be interpreted in any other way.

and before the bears scream about intra-wallet tx's as being fake volume, i must remind you that those still have to pay miner fees thus boosting the overall mining economy and revenue.  this is actually why it's important to keep all tx's on the main blockchain as opposed to offramping them to SC's.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 06:07:48 PM

the REALLY big deal for Bitcoin in the past several months has been the tx volume increase.  prior to that, there was a real question regarding widespread adoption.  this increase bodes well for Bitcoins future.  it cannot be interpreted in any other way.

and before the bears scream about intra-wallet tx's as being fake volume, i must remind you that those still have to pay miner fees thus boosting the overall mining economy and revenue.  this is actually why it's important to keep all tx's on the main blockchain as opposed to offramping them to SC's.

We're not gonna start another debate here but this is plainly false. SC are in fact an opportunity to preserve miners tx fees revenues that could otherwise migrate to off-chain schemes.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 06:13:08 PM

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 07:48:01 PM

LOL at the BTC-e BTC100 and BTC169 wall on BTC-e trying to keep the price down.
Bears are trying to stop bitcoin from going to-da-moon Cheesy

These walls can keep the price lower on BTC-E, but the same walls would vanish instantly at Bitstamp.

But at this point there are no indications for an upwards movement.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 07:50:23 PM

This is going to be epic.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4536

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 08:43:03 PM

I'm still buying on every dip.

Since capitulation in early October: 2 on Oct4, 3 on Oct6, 3 on Nov4, 3 on Nov21, 2 on Dec4.

Slow and steady wins the race.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 08:44:07 PM

Since capitulation in early October: 2 on Oct4, 3 on Oct6, 3 on Nov4, 3 on Nov21, 2 on Dec4.

Slow and steady wins the race.

+1
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:30:50 PM

You sure are.  The workings of teh Tadalafil-engorged mind Roll Eyes

This old chestnut again?

I'll say the same as I did 6 months ago or a month ago.

We'll probably reach our old ATH by mid summer, and hit anywhere from $7000 to $12,000 before crashing down to $2000-$2500, possibly before year's end.

We should be above $10,000 for good by this time next year.

Unless something comes along to break Bitcoin before then.

Kids, NOT EVEN ONCE!
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 11:04:36 PM

If you draw a fancy line down from the very top of the 1k candle.....

fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 03:52:49 AM

You guys are idiots... How will you feel when we test $300 again???
Everyone speculates a correction up wtf we need a correction back down... It's what makes sense. We will return to the mean. You can deny it all you want!
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:08:12 PM

We might see some end of year pump, maybe to 600 again, but it won't be sustainable  until we reach the last year's volumes again.

Without the help of fake coins, I would prefer

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:08:48 PM

I'm skeptical of the increased TX volume.  I think we owe a large part of that growth to the increasing number, and use of coin mixers.  Further, I'd also suspect that the proliferation of cloud mining has also added to the number of transactions.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:10:28 PM

We might see some end of year pump, maybe to 600 again, but it won't be sustainable  until we reach the last year's volumes again.

Without the help of fake coins, I would prefer

I also think there will be a so called rally, but at this point there is too much selling pressure.

We might see $500 for a very short time, but I guess miners will use that price level to cash out some of their coins.
phoenix1

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:38:35 PM

I'm skeptical of the increased TX volume.  I think we owe a large part of that growth to the increasing number, and use of coin mixers.  Further, I'd also suspect that the proliferation of cloud mining has also added to the number of transactions.

You are not alone ...

http://www.coindesk.com/questions-linger-daily-bitcoin-transactions-pass-100000-milestone/

Undecided

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2214
Merit: 3209

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:46:56 PM

I'm skeptical of the increased TX volume.  I think we owe a large part of that growth to the increasing number, and use of coin mixers.  Further, I'd also suspect that the proliferation of cloud mining has also added to the number of transactions.

You are not alone ...

http://www.coindesk.com/questions-linger-daily-bitcoin-transactions-pass-100000-milestone/

Undecided

On the other hand, the number of 'off chain services' with off chain transactions grew greatly as well.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: