Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:56:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just-Dice.com Relaunched! With CLAM!  (Read 11454 times)
RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:34:02 PM

What @dooglus is doing is abusing people trusts. He is not saying anything in this forum but he is like trying to say:
"You trust JD ? You like me? You have to buy CLAM to play in JD". And then they(doog, BayAreaCoins ...) can dump their thousands of CLAMs at a high price.

If you notice, @BayAreaCoins is screaming "buy CLAM" everywhere. Why?
Don't be so much greedy, please...

a) There is no richlist available to my knowledge.  We have no idea how many people were privy to the inside information that Just-dice was going to solely feature clams and we have no idea how many coins the top holders have and/or what their intentions are for the coin either.
There is no need for richlist. Dooglus (probably) has most CLAMs (~400 BTC), and may be developers of coins too.

You were the best in this forum in my eyes Smiley

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
rfisher1968

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:08:46 PM

Please show the algorithm for creating a clam address?

I got a BTC address with the private key and actually want to do the math to create a clam address.
Bitcoin.Expert

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:33:55 PM

I got a BTC address with the private key and actually want to do the math to create a clam address.

Can moderators move this thread to the altcoin section? It's just about how to get CLAM...
Bitcoin.Expert

Activity: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:35:23 PM

OP, do you know why is dooglus not answering to anything?
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:36:25 PM

OP, do you know why is dooglus not answering to anything?

I have brought the thread to his attention, so we should be seeing him soon Smiley
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:42:41 PM

A word from doog would be reassuring at least. Not sure with the coin choice myself, but watch this space I guess..
flyingplows

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:11:48 PM

what is this about..? we need doog to tell if its legit and we should be able to use not only btc but doge ltc etc.. otherwise we not (dont)  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Salmon1989

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:39:20 PM

dooglus is still no where to be seen in this thread, while he was online and made a post in another thread...

ironlambda

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:40:43 PM

is there more other alt exchanges accepting clam? or no?

if this takes a roll, then this would be interesting way to gamble justdice without putting justdice at risk.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:44:29 PM

I don't understand the incentive to use this site now. There are quite a few decent dice sites that still use btc.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:24:02 PM

I don't understand the incentive to use this site now. There are quite a few decent dice sites that still use btc.

+1.

If I want to play on JD now, I need to exchanging my bitcoin to CLAM, use it to gambling on JD, withdraw what I earned/left over when I am done, and exchange it back to bitcoin.

Of course I trust Doog very much, but it is way too troublesome and it doesn't worth the hassle.

jbrnt

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:39:52 PM

Move my coins and then expose my private key for some altcoin? No thanks. If this isn't run by dooglus, this would have been labeled a scam.  Cheesy
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:41:21 PM

Move my coins and then expose my private key for some altcoin? No thanks.

I blame Canada Angry

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:51:09 PM

because trust plays an important role. People would still want JD as their #1 playground
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:54:07 PM

because trust plays an important role. People would still want JD as their #1 playground

If it's just a playground, then sure why not

fireneo

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:46:18 AM

so the main conclusion is its more a hassle and time thing.
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 05:33:42 AM

offering 10btc for 4,750 clams. you send first or we use d00g as escrow if he'll do that. offer good for now but may change my mind later.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 06:21:32 AM

offering 10btc for 4,750 clams. you send first or we use d00g as escrow if he'll do that. offer good for now but may change my mind later.

Note that Poloniex is delaying deposits and withdraws right now.

Doog made a response.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238613.msg9772760#msg9772760e

Please kindly don't bump this thread. Lets move it all over to the thread above cause there is only supposed to be 1 thread per site and there is no need to make the mods job any harder here than it needs to be!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:00:57 AM

I've been busy with the site, but here are some answers to the above posts. I also posted in the main Just-Dice thread. Let's use that from now on, rather than having two threads talking about the same thing.

When I shut down JD, many people asked if I could at least leave a "play money" site up, so they could still hang out, chat, mess about with strategies, etc. That's the aim here. If you want high-stakes BTC gambling, JD isn't the place.

I am a little concerned about posting my private key on JD to claim my CLAMs. ..

Is it safe?

I don't log any private keys, and the site forces SSL connections. If you're careless and accept a dodgy certificate it's possible you'll get man-in-the-middle'd and have your key stolen. It's possible JD gets hacked and someone starts stealing the private keys. I recommend that you only send private keys that you have finished using.

Why didn't dooglus pick a currency that already has a market and added on some exchanges? This one looks so thin particularly for a site like just-dice and most of the coins are property of owners who didn't know they had it (found some CLAMS in an old wallet that had balance in 24 may, Plenty of just-dice people found they had hundreds of CLAMS too). Also I doubt investors who had thousands of BTC in just-dice would convert their bitcoins to some random alt-currency and put it in there.

I don't want thousands of BTC on JD. It's too much responsibility looking after them. Switching to a "worthless" toy coin should drastically reduce the amount of value I have to take care of.

a) There is no richlist available to my knowledge.  We have no idea how many people were privy to the inside information that Just-dice was going to solely feature clams and we have no idea how many coins the top holders have and/or what their intentions are for the coin either.

I've made no secret of the fact that I've been working on CLAM for months now. I've posted to their thread regularly, and submitted to their github repo a lot too. It wouldn't have taken a huge leap of imagination to guess that I'd do something with them eventually.

Note that there are ~263k coins in active circulation, but almost 15 million currently not "dug up". Even if you have 100% of the active coins, you have less than 2% of the total money supply. Chances are high that someone (cryptsy? gox?) has a huge number of CLAMs if they still have their old BTC wallets and decide to dig them up. In a sense these undug coins act like Satoshi's huge stash of BTC - if they get dumped onto the market, the price drops significantly. I hope JD can be seen as a play to hang, chat, and play for small amounts. I don't want the focus to be on the value, especially since as you say there's no way of knowing how the price will move in the future.

22:44:39 INFO: 27,267 of 3,208,032 sets of 4.60545574 CLAM were dug up so far from the initial distribution
22:44:40 INFO: 125,573 CLAM were dug up and 138,008 CLAM were staked for a total of 263,581 CLAM
22:44:40 INFO: if all the distributed CLAMs were dug up, the total money supply would be 14,912,410 CLAM

b) People are being asked to copy and paste their private key into a PUBLIC chatroom.  It's not hard to believe that users will not understand the instructions, mistype and reveal their private keys openly with funds still inside of them.  This is not OK.  Dooglus seems to get away with it because he has a spotless record, but what if this becomes common practice in the bitcoin gaming scene?  Scamming gaming operators will have a field day!  Please be EXTREMELY cautious and protective with your private keys!!!!

The chatroom code attempts to filters out private keys that are typed as chat accidentally. But you have a point that it's a dangerous precedent to set. Since CLAM's launch, people have complained that they don't want to download a .exe and import their bitcoin wallet into it. I was thinking that being able to import individual retired private keys into JD might be more acceptable for some than giving their whole wallet to an unknown executable.

c) There is no way to tell at this moment what will happen when Clams inevitably gets paired with FIAT.  Will Just-dice close down and then it becomes a free for all sell off of clams?  How can we accurately speculate the stability of Clams?  The order book is extremely thin right now.  There are several hypothetical situations that do not play out well for users if they buy-in heavily into clams.

Treat it as play money. Don't put serious amounts of value into it. Then it doesn't matter.

If you want to play for fun, mess around with a trusted gaming site, and are not too concerned with financial risk, then by all means I think Just-dice is one of the best places for this.

Right.

Basically you do the base58 decode of the address or private key, change the first byte of the result, and reencode it.

I use this Python script to convert between BTC, DOGE, LTC, and CLAM addresses:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python

import sys
sys.path.append("/home/chris/Programs/python-bitcoinlib/") # from https://github.com/jgarzik/python-bitcoinlib.git
import bitcoin.base58

def to_addr(addr, magic): return bitcoin.base58.CBase58Data(bitcoin.base58.decode(addr)[1:-4], magic).__str__()
def to_btc(addr): return to_addr(addr, 0x00)
def to_doge(addr): return to_addr(addr, 0x1e)
def to_ltc(addr): return to_addr(addr, 0x30)
def to_clam(addr): return to_addr(addr, 0x89)

def addresses(addr):
    return '\n%s\n%s\n%s\n%s\n' % (
        '%6s: http://blockchain.info/address/%s'    % ('BTC', to_btc(addr)),
        '%6s: http://dogechain.info/address/%s'     % ('DOGE', to_doge(addr)),
        '%6s: http://block-explorer.com/address/%s' % ('LTC', to_ltc(addr)),
        '%6s: http://khashier.com/address/%s'       % ('CLAM', to_clam(addr)))

for i in sys.argv[1:]:
    print addresses(i)

and this for converting between their private keys:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python

import sys
sys.path.append("/home/chris/Programs/python-bitcoinlib/") # from https://github.com/jgarzik/python-bitcoinlib.git
import bitcoin.base58

def to_addr(addr, magic): return bitcoin.base58.CBase58Data(bitcoin.base58.decode(addr)[1:-4], magic).__str__()
def to_btc(addr): return to_addr(addr, 0x80)
def to_doge(addr): return to_addr(addr, 0x1e+0x80)
def to_ltc(addr): return to_addr(addr, 0x30+0x80)
def to_clam(addr): return to_addr(addr, 0x85)
def addresses(addr):
    return '\n%s\n%s\n%s\n%s\n' % (
        '%6s: %s' % ('BTC',   to_btc(addr)),
        '%6s: %s' % ('DOGE', to_doge(addr)),
        '%6s: %s' % ('LTC',   to_ltc(addr)),
        '%6s: %s' % ('CLAM', to_clam(addr)))

for i in sys.argv[1:]:
    print addresses(i)

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████