Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:50:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Top Obama Admin DOJ Official to Apple, Google: Encryption Will Lead to Dead Kids  (Read 991 times)
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 07:11:56 PM

Top Obama Admin DOJ Official to Apple, Google: Encryption Will Lead to Dead Kids

http://www.dailytech.com/Top+Obama+Admin+DOJ+Official+to+Apple+Google+Encryption+Will+Lead+to+Dead+Kids/article36914.htm

<< Agency feels it's best to give up freedoms, privacy to "keep the kids safe", Apple and Google say "yea, right". >>
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 07:21:57 PM

Hey, whenever freedom is in the way of these tyrants and sycophants, just bring out the dead kids meme and the boobs (and specifically their so-called representatives) will eat it up. However, these idiotically charged statements are hopefully entertaining less and less people as the stupidity has proven itself time and again.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:58:22 AM

Top Obama Admin DOJ Official to Apple, Google: Encryption Will Lead to Dead Kids

http://www.dailytech.com/Top+Obama+Admin+DOJ+Official+to+Apple+Google+Encryption+Will+Lead+to+Dead+Kids/article36914.htm

<< Agency feels it's best to give up freedoms, privacy to "keep the kids safe", Apple and Google say "yea, right". >>

They always argue that they control you to protect you. The NSA says not to hide your internet activity or you will be considered a threat when what I tell my friends is non of their business.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:03:57 AM

think of the children!!! llol i love how people always throw that out there as like this magical catch 22 thing that always will make people see it as "common sense"

remember this awesome statement.

Logical Thinking v Common Sense

Isn’t logical thinking the same as common sense? NO...

Logical Thinking means = a way to analyse a problem to come up with an answer sometimes using a formal system similar to mathematics (a process / disciplined method of thinking). Logical thinking, or incorporating logic into your thinking will ultimately help you to reach a conclusion which is as accurate as possible.

So what is common sense?

Common Sense means = Is a way of taking social understandings and rules, and applying them to a situation, by using common sense, doesn’t necessarily lead us to the truth
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:59:05 AM

Global Internet Freedom On The Decline In 2014

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/global-internet-freedom-decline-2014,28175.html

<< A recent Freedom House report stated that Internet freedom dropped in 2014 because of new laws in many countries that criminalize certain Internet content and dissent. Freedom House is worried that this will create a snowball effect, with more and more countries wanting to pass similar laws. Eventually, a restrictive Internet could be the new status quo, globally. >>
exoton

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:50:31 AM

This argument is exaggerated. Sure some potential child kidnappers may be able to get away with their crimes, however they would probably not have evidence of such on their phones had it not been for encryption on Apple's iPhones.

The higher likelyhood of such evidence can be a talking point during interrogation of a suspect as the police can bluff that they have cracked such encryption and/or have figured out a criminals password, and this could potentially get a criminal to "talk"
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:45:53 PM

This argument is exaggerated. Sure some potential child kidnappers may be able to get away with their crimes, however they would probably not have evidence of such on their phones had it not been for encryption on Apple's iPhones.

The higher likelyhood of such evidence can be a talking point during interrogation of a suspect as the police can bluff that they have cracked such encryption and/or have figured out a criminals password, and this could potentially get a criminal to "talk"
I'd venture to say that most of these child so-called predators aren't very hardcore in their criminality in that they merely look for the low hanging fruit but are ultimately not very manly in terms of committing real violence (I'm thinking mostly of those that get busted on that one reality show "to catch a predator"). If parents kept a better eye on what their kids are up to, all of this would be a moot point and the NSA would have no leg to stand on here. I know, they'd adopt a new boogyman.
UnunoctiumTesticles

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:25:05 PM

...From that point on, I knew that police are low-IQ power maniacs with badges given their power (and authority) by stupid white people who prefer the illusion of safety over freedom.

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”—Ben Franklin

The large corporations will be at the mercy of the stupid public. That is why we hackers must build anonymity into the internet in a decentralized manner as a I have outlined.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:54:08 AM

...From that point on, I knew that police are low-IQ power maniacs with badges given their power (and authority) by stupid white people who prefer the illusion of safety over freedom.

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”—Ben Franklin

The large corporations will be at the mercy of the stupid public. That is why we hackers must build anonymity into the internet in a decentralized manner as a I have outlined.

Big corporations created by genius want low prices, happy customers and to pay dividends, they need to offer a good service in order to get your businesses when they are not protected from competition by laws.
exoton

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:02:52 AM

I'd venture to say that most of these child so-called predators aren't very hardcore in their criminality in that they merely look for the low hanging fruit but are ultimately not very manly in terms of committing real violence (I'm thinking mostly of those that get busted on that one reality show "to catch a predator"). If parents kept a better eye on what their kids are up to, all of this would be a moot point and the NSA would have no leg to stand on here. I know, they'd adopt a new boogyman.
I would say you are probably right. The few times that I have watch 'to catch a predator' it really seemed like the 'predators' were planning on doing anything violent. Although I agree what what they were trying to do is very wrong, and is taking advantage of immature minds it did not appear they were trying to go to great lengths to commit their crime. They were also often very quick to confess to their crimes, as they often admitted to being some kind of a repeat offender
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: