Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:00:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fixed Volume Candle Chart  (Read 956 times)
timz (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 08:33:13 PM

Hi,
Analyzing bitcoin candle chart you may see, that sometimes the price fluctuates with a very small volumes. Finally these fluctuations doesn't affect to trend, but spoil the chart.
I have the idea. What if we draw candle chart depended of volume, not time? Every candle corresponds to the fixed trade volume.

I've made first preview https://zerobit.co/charts/chart.html?vol=5000 (you may select volume).
What do you think? Is it a promising idea?

timz (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Improvements:
- Log scale
- Scrolling
- Live Update
- Candle info

Every candle corresponds to current fixed volume. So the chart is really unbroken, smoothes the weekend's low value trades etc.
 https://zerobit.co/charts/

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 02:57:24 PM

Interesting idea. One question: the higher the "fixed" volume, the less it actually seems to be fixed. For example, on the 100k chart, the first candles are ~30k volume, and only the last few candles get close to 100k. Or maybe I'm missing something?

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
timz (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:00:57 PM

Interesting idea. One question: the higher the "fixed" volume, the less it actually seems to be fixed. For example, on the 100k chart, the first candles are ~30k volume, and only the last few candles get close to 100k. Or maybe I'm missing something?
Yes, I implemented special reducing factor. Because two years ago volumes were smaller.

elinehaarbollen

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:01:20 PM

bullish
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 04:18:53 PM

Normal volume bars don't spoil the chart. It allows you to see the trend because volume rises with trending moves. It also allows you to see volume divergence to find tops and bottoms. Try that with a fixed volume chart  Wink
A better chart may be delta volume or individual +/- volume where the volume bars are independent from the candle close color

CoolStoryBro

Activity: 89

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 06:40:32 PM

why the right axis is empty?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: