Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:07:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we get more money to flow into altcoins?  (Read 2305 times)
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:38:54 AM

Hi fellow altcoiners,

How can we get more money, preferably from fiat, to flow into altcoins in general? This scene has really devolved into a limited money supply continually shrinking and moving from one coin to the next, without much new money ever being introduced.

Are crypto 2.0 coins like Nxt the answer? Or networks of coins like the SuperNET?

We should think in the opposite direction.
We should not get FIAT into crypo but crypto in the real world every day usage
so that it can replace FIAT in part for the beginning and all of it in longterm.

This can only be acheived buy bilding ecosystem (services) around the coins
that can compete with current services but be more cheaper and convinient for the users.
This will give value to the coins.

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:51:57 AM

The golden age of shitcoins is over. No way to put 3BTC in a shitcoin and cash out 10BTC the next day. I miss the times when nobody cares about broken wallets or missing devs and these coins got pumped with public money  Grin
If you invest now 4BTC in a coin on bittrex you push the price 50 or 100% up and everybody is dumping on you lol.

Only way to make money is to invest in serious projects. Its a game of patience now. Bigger positions are only possible on coins like XCP, NXT, Bitshares, Doge, DRK, Maidsafe and some other.

+1 on most of that. Looks like the glory days of money for almost nothing are over, and we are now entering the bear market world of money for lots of hard work and solid code.
We simply need to make good products, that people can actually use for something, before the rest of the world will come in to crypto.....

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
bitcoinmining

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:21:23 AM

I have the feeling that a lot of money has flown into Alts over the past two months, over 50 Alts now have a market cap of over 500k $. What makes this significant is that Bitcoin has not changed much in price over the same time frame. I actually made some good profits over the last 2 months in trading and some coins really soar in value.
I don't see why many forum members are so pessimistic and even despaired at the moment, when the overall signs are not that bad after all.

Doge, Monero, Litecoin, Peercoin, Namecoin, Feathercoin etc. dropped a lot. Is there any upward movement to be really optimistic? Which coins made you have profit last month, I'm just curious about it?
DrGrid

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:03:21 PM

I have the feeling that a lot of money has flown into Alts over the past two months, over 50 Alts now have a market cap of over 500k $. What makes this significant is that Bitcoin has not changed much in price over the same time frame. I actually made some good profits over the last 2 months in trading and some coins really soar in value.
I don't see why many forum members are so pessimistic and even despaired at the moment, when the overall signs are not that bad after all.
Doge, Monero, Litecoin, Peercoin, Namecoin, Feathercoin etc. dropped a lot. Is there any upward movement to be really optimistic? Which coins made you have profit last month, I'm just curious about it?
Well, I think the middle 4 deserve it to some extent, they have not produced anything much of value lately and have their value at the moment for the sake of a network of miners and traders. Doge went down in the typical pattern of "Bitcoin goes up Doge goes down". Feathercoin had too much hype going on over their new algo, as soon as interest on it went down, its price followed suit. It's actually really cool to watch the last three typical altcoins, Doge, Lite and Peercoin, slowly getting shuffled out of the game, while more advanced protocols substitute their place. Take MaidSafe and Ripple for example, two protocols that really delivered a great piece of technology and partially got over the usual  FUD in this forum.
There were some good pumps over the last month as well, whoever was attentive could easily grab hold of them. You wanted some examples, so here you are: Counterparty soaring after its fork of PyEthereum. Fuelcoin going absolutely crazy after the hype incurred on this fourm after October 31st, typical pumps by the likes of Profitcoin, easily spotted by the first gradual rise of volume and price in tandem and Storjcoin performing quite fine as well since its first demo of what they are developing. 

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:10:21 PM

Well, I think the middle 4 deserve it to some extent, they have not produced anything much of value lately and have their value at the moment for the sake of a network of miners and traders. Doge went down in the typical pattern of "Bitcoin goes up Doge goes down". Feathercoin had too much hype going on over their new algo, as soon as interest on it went down, its price followed suit. It's actually really cool to watch the last three typical altcoins, Doge, Lite and Peercoin, slowly getting shuffled out of the game, while more advanced protocols substitute their place. Take MaidSafe and Ripple for example, two protocols that really delivered a great piece of technology and partially got over the usual  FUD in this forum.
There were some good pumps over the last month as well, whoever was attentive could easily grab hold of them. You wanted some examples, so here you are: Counterparty soaring after its fork of PyEthereum. Fuelcoin going absolutely crazy after the hype incurred on this fourm after October 31st, typical pumps by the likes of Profitcoin, easily spotted by the first gradual rise of volume and price in tandem and Storjcoin performing quite fine as well since its first demo of what they are developing. 

Funny thing is none of this games about advanced protocol or however you want to paint it, all of the coins mentioned in your post except BTC and LTC where created with one main purpose in mind and thats to make the people behind them fiat, day dream all day long about innovation but thats the cold truth of the matter.

All 2nd gen coins as they are self labeled will fail seriously ffs you can't even sell them to most the for crypto crowd you got zero hope of selling the deal to joe public.

smalltimer

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:44:10 PM

Hi fellow altcoiners,

How can we get more money, preferably from fiat, to flow into altcoins in general? This scene has really devolved into a limited money supply continually shrinking and moving from one coin to the next, without much new money ever being introduced.

Are crypto 2.0 coins like Nxt the answer? Or networks of coins like the SuperNET?

#1 needs better and barrierless/frictionless options for fiat to come in. People who don't want to give their ID to some shady shortlived exchange site are excluded right now.
#2 pump litecoin
#3 nxt and supernet both aren't more special than your average shitcoin with a halfway fair launch, no premine and good initial distribution. In fact these half decent shitcoins will return more.
DrGrid

Activity: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:50:49 PM

Funny thing is none of this games about advanced protocol or however you want to paint it, all of the coins mentioned in your post except BTC and LTC where created with one main purpose in mind and thats to make the people behind them fiat, day dream all day long about innovation but thats the cold truth of the matter.
All 2nd gen coins as they are self labeled will fail seriously ffs you can't even sell them to most the for crypto crowd you got zero hope of selling the deal to joe public.
I'm having a real hard time understanding your post, could you rephrase it?

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 04:57:41 PM

Hi fellow altcoiners,

Doing projects that are not a pump and dump scheme maybe? Like developing something innovative. Take a look into Ethereum and Bitshares.
altcoin hitler

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:12:19 PM

clean the scams out so decent investors can come and newbees can trade half safe without being robbed blind within the first 90 minutes. Nobody will do it for you. We have to do it ourselves.

-Go after every ico/ipo/presale coin first. Especially new launched ones.
-then go after known scams and newbe devs and shitcoincloner with more than 5 coins launched
-then check on everything else.

Everything that's not 100% legit MUST GO - then we keep it clean - then you wait 8 weeks and this place will be booming.

Clean it!

King of the real Bitcoin Foundation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:14:39 PM

Less scam and BS but more transparency and real life services.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:17:16 PM

clean the scams out so decent investors can come and newbees can trade half safe without being robbed blind within the first 90 minutes. Nobody will do it for you. We have to do it ourselves.

-then go after known scams and newbe devs and shitcoincloner with more than 5 coins launched

Everything that's not 100% legit MUST GO - then we keep it clean - then you wait 8 weeks and this place will be booming.

Clean it!

blame the forum admins, they are incompetent in this case
altcoin hitler

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:20:25 PM

Clean it!

blame the forum admins, they are incompetent in this case

no, they aren't - you are.

It's not their job to select scam from not scam. They prevent abuse of their powers and a lot of crying this way. They simply can't moderate it because hell would break loose if they would. It's up to YOU to actually open your mouth about scams. Running to mommy or the sheriff is not possible here. Get it? It's your job. You're the sheriff.

people begging for authority to spoon feed them repulses me. Grow up!

King of the real Bitcoin Foundation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:30:23 PM

...seriously if you can't even sell them to most the for crypto crowd you got zero hope of selling the deal to joe public.
Doing projects that are not a pump and dump scheme maybe?
To summarize, how can we persuade Joe if we lost believe in what happens at this scene ourselves.
Definitely time to clean up the house.
menlatin

Activity: 366
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 12:11:52 AM

I think THIS is the problem. People just out to make a profit. That profit comes from someone's loss, and that loss causes them to turn away from cryptos. If the focus was user adoption, and not trying to turn a profit at every turn, we might actually get somewhere. 

fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 04:25:16 AM

The golden age of shitcoins is over. No way to put 3BTC in a shitcoin and cash out 10BTC the next day. I miss the times when nobody cares about broken wallets or missing devs and these coins got pumped with public money  Grin
If you invest now 4BTC in a coin on bittrex you push the price 50 or 100% up and everybody is dumping on you lol.

Only way to make money is to invest in serious projects. Its a game of patience now. Bigger positions are only possible on coins like XCP, NXT, Bitshares, Doge, DRK, Maidsafe and some other.

This man gets it

Oh, QRK what times!
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:34:14 AM

BitUSD and other decentralised BitAssets by BitShares will start to do this in the next few months. (1.0 coming end Jan.)

Bitcoin is a victim of it's own success in that more and more retailers accept it but unfortunately due to volatility they don't hold it. BitUSD is not volatile, private and pays interest so they will be inclined to hold it especially countries with high inflation and government controls, so more of the fiat that comes in will stay in.

BitShares also has less than 0.5% inflation currently vs. Bitcoin's 10%. In a bear market the $30 million + a month going in new coins to miners is hard to sustain with new demand.

In order to make the BitShares BitAssets secure in a decentralised way, each one locks up 300% of collateral when it is created. This means every dollar of BitUSD demand takes three dollars of BitShares off the market so just a little BitAsset demand goes a long way Smiley

You can see here BitAssets maintain an average collateral of 300% http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=USD

If you look on coinmarketcap you will see POW is starting to look very lonely in the top 10. LiteCoin especially has and will be unable to sustain 30% inflation in a bear market, so look for the silver to Bitcoin gold really start to drop off the map in the next few months imo.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 07:46:45 AM

I think people are just getting weary of all the scams and failed crypto projects going on these days. The gold rush, get rich quick craze kick-started by Dogecoin has finally died down.
We need to have something truly unique to get people excited about crypto again. It would help if some huge company like Microsoft or Google would back a crypto project or maybe even design their own currency. I am currently supporting only 2 coins, Checkcoin and Paycoin. I know there is a lot of hate and scam accusations towards Paycoin but I personally am willing to wait a year to see how things evolve.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:13:24 AM

Hi fellow altcoiners,

It'll never happen. Just look around in the forum and see how many people are trying to destroy it. Bitcoin & crypto will be dead by 2020.  Talk to people outside this industry and ask them what they think about it.  You'll hear one word "Scam" and that's what it'll ever become.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:19:58 AM

I think people are just getting weary of all the scams and failed crypto projects going on these days. The gold rush, get rich quick craze kick-started by Dogecoin has finally died down.
We need to have something truly unique to get people excited about crypto again. It would help if some huge company like Microsoft or Google would back a crypto project or maybe even design their own currency. I am currently supporting only 2 coins, Checkcoin and Paycoin. I know there is a lot of hate and scam accusations towards Paycoin but I personally am willing to wait a year to see how things evolve.

Good luck on that paycoin position... That coin is going nowhere but down!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: