Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:25:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy.com AKA Project Investors Inc  (Read 1145 times)
jetson111 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:48:51 PM

This post is regarding an issue of me trying to get funds deposited.

Just for the record, I mailed a bank check from Upstate NY on the 21st of November, as of yesterday Cryptsy.com customer service has no record of receiving it. This check has not been cashed.

Now I need to wait until the 21st of December to void this check, if it is not cashed.

The check was not returned to me in the mail as undeliverable and I can't remember ever having something lost in the mail.

When I asked Cryptsy customer service about the check, they have no record of it and "get a lot of checks or maybe USPS lost it.".

I am irritated so therefore I plan on just moving on. Why would I send a check out in the future if I know  that this could happen easily at any time and happened the first time I tried to make a deposit? No way.

JT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:56:56 PM

USPS sucks, everyone knows that.  If it was that important to you, you should have mailed it certified with return receipt.  Are you attempting to blame Cryptsy?  If so, get your own shit straight first.
CryptoJerk

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:04:42 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 02:23:52 AM by CryptoJerk

Are you attempting to blame Cryptsy?  If so, get your own shit straight first.

tell the young nerd how it is why dontcha!

Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:22:25 PM

Are you attempting to blame Cryptsy?  If so, get your own shit straight first.

LOL

tell the young nerd how it is why dontcha!

I'm surprised half the people around here can wipe their own asses (maybe they can't).
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:41:31 PM

When I asked Cryptsy customer service about the check, they have no record of it and "get a lot of checks or maybe USPS lost it.".

Ah, the standard Cryptsy level of customer care. I don't miss them at all. Countless stories. Left that bunch of randoms for good half a year ago.

This space is for lease, apparently.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 11:16:44 PM

Just for good measure.... Ive always had good experiences with cryptsy.com

Then again I haven't traded live on there for a while. I hope you get your situation sorted. Although, if you're sending a substantial amount of money in the mail.... certified is the only way if you are a person who takes preventative measures.
jetson111 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:02:52 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 06:29:34 AM by jetson111

USPS sucks, everyone knows that.  If it was that important to you, you should have mailed it certified with return receipt.  Are you attempting to blame Cryptsy?  If so, get your own shit straight first.

I did keep the receipt Hollow sir.  Kiss

I did get tracking, no return receipt. Yes, Cryptsy is partially to blame here if not completely (depending which side you take). What the F will Certified Mail do? Make them sign for it? Big deal, it is $300 not a million, if they are not going to handle things carefully, they are not going to handle things carefully. You folks might be able to design crypto currencies but can't deal with the way things need to work for full adoption, I mean customer service as in easy of use and trust (the exchange that is). Right now this whole "world" has alternative currencies by the heaps running amok, no exchange that people completely trust. Right? Is there there an exchange that people trust? Let me know. How exactly is that going to work? Get my shit together? How about this community do it first.

This world of crypto currency reminds me of stories of the first stock and commodities exchanges in this country. How can the general population get behind these currencies when the community is fragmented? Will it take a large respected business such as PayPal to set up something?

How about a community such as this creating an exchange, a cooperative, where 100, 200,... people buy shares in it to get it going? Choose respected members to be on the board, share holders donate time to work on it... Kind of like a credit union. Start small with just BitCoin exchange then eventually have a couple of people in an office processing things, expand to accept some ALT Coin, maybe someday even a storefront like a bank that people could visit in say NYC near the stock exchanges?
Jordan23

Activity: 382
Merit: 311

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:35:00 AM

So you have no proof Cryptsy recieved your check but you're positive it's at least patially their fault? How would it be Cryptsys fault if they never received it? It's the holidays and USPS is horrible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: