Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:56:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pics of Huge Hosting Mine Under Construction, (Dec 2015 Update: We've moved)  (Read 54113 times)
ASICSPACE (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

Feel free to contact me via email, skype or phone!

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 04:08:32 AM

I'm commenting to add my watchlist Grin

I'm interested, looks really good you got there!

We launched yesterday. =) It's great to see all of the spondoolies and bitmain miners arriving. We've been able to deploy fairly quickly, and we hope to provide remote access for our customers pretty soon.

★★★★ Bitcoin Miner Hosting! ★★★★ $55/kw-month ★★★★ http://www.asicspace.com/ ★★ Best Prices in the hosting Industry! ★★★★

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:06:27 AM

We want to see pcitures  Grin More more more!

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
SargeR33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:48:58 AM

This looks pretty cool actually. Where is this located(country wise)? Someone should set something like this up down in Australia!

ASICSPACE (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 07:18:33 AM

We want to see pcitures  Grin More more more!

I'll get some more pics up soon! We have miners now!

★★★★ Bitcoin Miner Hosting! ★★★★ $55/kw-month ★★★★ http://www.asicspace.com/ ★★ Best Prices in the hosting Industry! ★★★★
ASICSPACE (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 07:21:07 AM

This looks pretty cool actually. Where is this located(country wise)? Someone should set something like this up down in Australia!

We're in Washington state, USA!
Made in 'Murica.

aacoins

Run a Full Node-Just Do It!

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:26:07 AM

Power costs are much higher from what I heard in australia  probably why this hasnt happened yet. In Washington state theyre paying somewhere between 0.02 usd and 0.04 usd per KWH in australia the cheapest power ive heard of is at least double the 0.04 usd

BTC-1AacoiNQXHJtsVuTFZRZnX6iGXtFgHHYae
XPY-PAACoin14KZNe2sPcpFUH4SDah6LkbqPsF
Tip Jar Smiley
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 07:55:25 PM

I'm commenting to add my watchlist Grin

I'm interested, looks really good you got there!

We launched yesterday. =) It's great to see all of the spondoolies and bitmain miners arriving. We've been able to deploy fairly quickly, and we hope to provide remote access for our customers pretty soon.

You launched? That's cool!

Where do we sign up and invest?

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
cryptoglance

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 10:23:15 PM

ASICSPACE,

I would love to build your internal tool for managing these devices Tongue

SargeR33

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:38:29 AM

Power costs are much higher from what I heard in australia  probably why this hasnt happened yet. In Washington state theyre paying somewhere between 0.02 usd and 0.04 usd per KWH in australia the cheapest power ive heard of is at least double the 0.04 usd

We pay .21 per kw down in Aus. That is residential. Not sure if you can get cheaper power on industrial or business contracts/packages.

Tongkar

Activity: 512
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:45:08 AM

amazing farm

i really want to invest to legit farm like this

will follow this thread
aacoins

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:42:41 PM

We pay .21 per kw down in Aus. That is residential. Not sure if you can get cheaper power on industrial or business contracts/packages.

Yeahit's crazy the prices in different parts of the world!

That's why places like ASICSPACE are good for the community because 30.5(days in a month)*24(Hours in a day)=A 1Kw machine using 732Kwh/Month
Your power cost $161
Your Power cost @ ASICSPACE as low as $80/Month

Much higher chance of ROI!

Tip Jar Smiley
WilderX

Activity: 597
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:32:22 PM

We're in Washington state, USA!
Made in 'Murica.

Just out of curiosity when do you think you have covered your investment and expenses at these prices?

graymatter

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:35:03 PM

Fascinating, but this system is not going to have a pressurized hot air / cold air isle containment? Your airflow may have potential issues, have you considered the combined CFM of the individual miners creating static pressure bubbles?

One way we overcame a lot of our cooling issues was simply tripling the average CFM to KW standard that most data-centers use.  By removing heat rapidly from the environment (think wind tunnel) we have had 0 cooling issues.  How have you accomplished this or expect to accomplish this in your open floor / white-space model?  Hot-spots still exist, and blow back is your biggest enemy (when miners pulling air into hot air isle exceed CFM airflow of supply) they basically then push hot air back into cold isle and suck it in again (thermal loop).  You won't notice this until you start to get to at least 50% capacity.  Just wondering how you guys deal with that aspect.
aacoins

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:01:36 PM

Fascinating, but this system is not going to have a pressurized hot air / cold air isle containment? Your airflow may have potential issues, have you considered the combined CFM of the individual miners creating static pressure bubbles?

One way we overcame a lot of our cooling issues was simply tripling the average CFM to KW standard that most data-centers use.  By removing heat rapidly from the environment (think wind tunnel) we have had 0 cooling issues.  How have you accomplished this or expect to accomplish this in your open floor / white-space model?  Hot-spots still exist, and blow back is your biggest enemy (when miners pulling air into hot air isle exceed CFM airflow of supply) they basically then push hot air back into cold isle and suck it in again (thermal loop).  You won't notice this until you start to get to at least 50% capacity.  Just wondering how you guys deal with that aspect.

#2 - Hot spots.  We actually have a *lot* of control over the power and heat density of our equipment.  We can respond to hot spots not only by adjusting cooling, but also by adjusting miner's physical locations and/or densities, something datacenters cannot do.

Tip Jar Smiley
graymatter

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:56:09 PM

#2 - Hot spots.  We actually have a *lot* of control over the power and heat density of our equipment.  We can respond to hot spots not only by adjusting cooling, but also by adjusting miner's physical locations and/or densities, something datacenters cannot do.

Based on your pictures it doesn't look like you have the ability to control direct / localized regions they way you describe.  While you might be able to adjust cooling capacity to a particular area, the effect is cumulative.  It really comes down to gross airflow, and what you're describing doesn't directly correlate to the individual miners CFM flow - that add up to be a lot more than you think.  For example 250 S5 units have a CFM cumulative effect of 30k CFM, only pulling about 100kw, calculate that at a megawatt level, 300,000 CFM worth of airflow generated by S5's for 1 MW of power....  If you can create a wind tunnel effect, and have 300k CFM being generated by larger blowers (more efficient than 250 - 90mm fans) you can reduce the amount of power draw and rely on larger units.

It also means customers units stay cooler and work more efficiently.

Just hoping you engineering team considered this on the design for your circulation of the airflow....  Perhaps I'm wrong and you've modeled this more, just going off of what I saw in the pictures.

aacoins

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:08:25 PM

Based on your pictures it doesn't look like you have the ability to control direct / localized regions they way you describe.  While you might be able to adjust cooling capacity to a particular area, the effect is cumulative.  It really comes down to gross airflow, and what you're describing doesn't directly correlate to the individual miners CFM flow - that add up to be a lot more than you think.  For example 250 S5 units have a CFM cumulative effect of 30k CFM, only pulling about 100kw, calculate that at a megawatt level, 300,000 CFM worth of airflow generated by S5's for 1 MW of power....  If you can create a wind tunnel effect, and have 300k CFM being generated by larger blowers (more efficient than 250 - 90mm fans) you can reduce the amount of power draw and rely on larger units.

It also means customers units stay cooler and work more efficiently.

Just hoping you engineering team considered this on the design for your circulation of the airflow....  Perhaps I'm wrong and you've modeled this more, just going off of what I saw in the pictures.

I am not affiliated with ASICSPACE just copying something from an Earlier post it seems to me with he amount of money they would have to invest into this property they would have thought this through. If you go to the second page of this thread there is a lot of information from them on cooling arrangements as well as BTCtalk members suggestions.

Tip Jar Smiley
graymatter

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:38:05 PM

yes I read all of that, that's why I was posting the direct question to them on that.  Its something that we learned very early on doing this in a containment situation, power efficiency is best spent getting larger air handlers to move the air, as opposed to letting the individual units run the 120mm / 90mm fans to circulate air.  Plus if they do, the event I described above occurs, you end up with a massive blow-back that causes your units to cook.

In a non containment scenario, the airflow is just too difficult to direct most of the time and you end up having a lot of hot spots, even with moving the physical equipment around. I've been doing some consulting and looking at private firms designs and ways to improve them, that's why its really interested in everyone else design.

Not saying the design is flawed, more of saying that Bitcoin heat generation is very different than standard IT equipment to look at.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:53:41 PM

yes I read all of that, that's why I was posting the direct question to them on that.  Its something that we learned very early on doing this in a containment situation, power efficiency is best spent getting larger air handlers to move the air, as opposed to letting the individual units run the 120mm / 90mm fans to circulate air.  Plus if they do, the event I described above occurs, you end up with a massive blow-back that causes your units to cook.

In a non containment scenario, the airflow is just too difficult to direct most of the time and you end up having a lot of hot spots, even with moving the physical equipment around. I've been doing some consulting and looking at private firms designs and ways to improve them, that's why its really interested in everyone else design.

Not saying the design is flawed, more of saying that Bitcoin heat generation is very different than standard IT equipment to look at.

I expect Cointerra learned this in spades when they were using the C7 Data Center folks to host their equipment. It appears that classical Data Center management and infrastructure are not optimal for a Bitcoin mining operation. Way overkill in many ways, including costs.
aDude

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:00:07 AM

I expect Cointerra learned this in spades when they were using the C7 Data Center folks to host their equipment. It appears that classical Data Center management and infrastructure are not optimal for a Bitcoin mining operation. Way overkill in many ways, including costs.
that is why tier1 and sub tier1 facilities are the way to go for miner hosting. aside from both needing internet access and both being computers, bitcoin hosting is nothing like normal IT hosting.
r3c4ll

Activity: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:30:06 AM

What machines you will use there?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: