Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:18:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: cryptoGlance [v2.1] :: Open-source, self-hosted, multi-rig monitoring tool!  (Read 130208 times)
cryptoglance (OP)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 04:44:29 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2016, 04:27:01 AM by cryptoglance

We're super-stoked to introduce cryptoGlance to the mining community! We've been hard at work on this project and put a LOT of our free-time and love into it!

What is cryptoGlance?

cryptoGlance is an open-source, self-hosted PHP webapp providing you with a glance at all of your crypto-currency components in one spot. Designed for large and small screens, you can easily monitor and control many aspects of your crypto/mining devices. There's also an Android companion app which connects to your cryptoGlance installation remotely.

Note that there are two versions of cryptoGlance that you can choose from:

• Windows standalone app: A pre-packaged setup installer which contains everything that you need to run cryptoGlance, which is a PHP-based web app. You don't need to know how to setup and configure PHP on web servers to use this. It's based on PHP Desktop, and is installed from the Inno Setup Compiler. We know how pre-compiled binaries are looked upon in this community, but we can assure you that there is NO type of malicious code in anything that we distribute. We just wanted to provide the community with an easy-to-setup solution.
  • Run from Source: If you're familiar with setting up web servers, you can surely bypass the Windows version and use the straight source code from GitHub. Either download a .zip of the master branch, or clone the repo to a directory that you'd serve from Apache or your preferred web server. Ensure that php_sockets is enabled, and that write-access is granted to the /user_data folder.

Easy RaspberryPi setup: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=569924.msg13668247#msg13668247

Screenies:

Features:

• Standalone version with installer (for Windows), or run the source code within your own (PHP) web server environment
  • Obtains valid data directly from cgminer/sgminer
  • Monitors detailed statistics, and manages core functions of multiple rigs/ASICs
  • Switch pools and restart miners remotely
  • Actively track pool stats and crypto address balances (MPOS and selective pools supported)
  • Responsive, mobile-friendly interface
  • Realtime information display (no refresh needed)
  • Secure login system
  • Configurable warning and danger status with visual cues
  • Create 'wallets' that are collections of your selected coin addresses, and display the balance
  • Void of malware or donation mining (does NOT require your private keys at all)
  • Companion Android app which easily allows you to quickly access your cryptoGlance instance while on the go
  • MUCH MORE is planned! Follow our social accounts, or drop by our IRC channel #cryptoGlance on Freenode to find out when new features are released!

*NEW* v2.0 Changes:

Recently Added Features:
  • Total Hashrates are now categorized by Rig Algorithms used
  • Enable/Disable Total Hashrate via Tools dropdown
  • New ability to edit Rigs and Pools
  • Re-amped Rig summary and device details (percentages, etc)
  • New Rig Details
  • Cleaner interface
  • Ability to drag+drop pool priority for a rig
  • Auto-Restart on BITMAIN ASIC failure (chain contains "x" instead of "0")
  • Rig devices have two more types of details showing:
    -- BITMAIN ASIC fan speed (fan 1, fan 2, fan 3, etc)
    -- BITMAIN ASIC temperatures (temperature 1, temperature 2, temperature 3, etc)
  • Rigs have a new option for Algorithm
  • Rigs Algorithm is auto-set when using sgMiner v5+
  • Ability to reset rig stats
  • Ability to reset rig stats on pool change
  • New FIAT conversions for most coins (Thanks to FunkyC: https://bitcoinindex.es/)
  • New debug command to see raw miner data: CTRL + D

Recently Added Pools:

Recently Added Coins:
  • [+COIN] NeosCoin
  • [+COIN] ReddCoin
  • [+COIN] PayCoin

Video Walkthrough:

(OLD version shown below -- no time to update this video yet!)

Official Links:

Our Donation Address:

We've put a lot of our time and effort into cryptoGlance, and it hasn't been easy. We also wanted to make this tool free to everyone, however donations keep our fire lit, and more features/improvements coming out. If you like what we've built, or at least appreciate our efforts, please send code, or a donation to the following BTC address:

Bitcoin: 12PqYifLLTHuU2jRxTtbbJBFjkuww3zeeE

THANK YOU!

...to all of the testers who gave us feedback during our initial stages of development. Another huge set of thanks goes out to all of the other open-source software that we used to create cryptoGlance. Yet ANOTHER batch of thanks go out to you who's reading this. It was our goal to develop such a utility for the good of the crypto community, and we really hope you'll enjoy using it!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gjpminingco

Activity: 350

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 04:54:28 AM

I love it

cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 05:14:55 AM

Just wanted to make a quick addendum post to outline a few popular questions that we've received from people using cryptoGlance for the first time:

• Immediately after installing and running cryptoGlance, you'll be presented with a login screen. You may not know what to login with, but the answer is simple. Just use whichever username + password that you prefer, and it will be set in the /user_data/accounts.json file, so you can continue to use those credentials in the future. If you ever forget what you set, just delete the accounts.json file, and set a new username + password
  • Again, after logging in for the first time, you'll see a blank interface with only the header and the footer. You'll need to start adding panels, and to do so, click the green button next to Dashboard. It's highly recommended that you watch our YouTube video for a greater explanation on how to set up your rigs, pools, and wallets.
  • If you've chosen to run from source, you'l need to ensure that the php_sockets extension is loaded, and also that /user_data has write-permissions granted.

Hope this helps, and thanks for using cryptoGlance!

gjpminingco

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 08:01:19 AM

It is just plain sick at how this Looks

If i can figure out how to post screenshots i would post some for the people thinking about using it

bsquared

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:25:37 PM

I installed this last night, and it went smoothly.  It's actively monitoring multiple rigs at multiple locations, it's great that it only uses API...  No additional software required on the mining hosts.  Very cool looking interface, looking forward to more pool management features!
gjpminingco

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 04:28:49 PM

I installed this last night, and it went smoothly.  It's actively monitoring multiple rigs at multiple locations, it's great that it only uses API...  No additional software required on the mining hosts.  Very cool looking interface, looking forward to more pool management features!

I couldn't agree more

Awesome software

cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 03:00:29 AM

Your feedback is well appreciated fellas!

Also, we're pleased to announce our first major update release to cryptoGlance! v1.1.0 is out, and has quite a few fixes and improvements. One of the biggest being auto-update functionality for cryptoGlance itself. We wanted to ensure this was in early on, as we hope to continue to add more and more features, so this will make it easy on everyone when updates are in fact available.

See the full changelog below, as well as in the new CHANGELOG.md file within the distribution. We hope you enjoy our efforts, and if we may be so bold, please help spread the word as it helps immensely!

Code:
[ v1.1.0 ]

FEATURES
========
- New Auto-Updater functionality! Keep on top of the latest features and fixes that we add.
- New "Release", "Beta", "Nightly" options for the cG version stability you choose
- Configurable Hardware Error warnings
- Added more update time interval options
- For first-time/fresh-install users, more alerts appear to help with setup
- [+POOL] Eclipse MC (https://eclipsemc.com)
- [+POOL] SimpleCoin
- [+COIN] ContinuumCoin (CTM) (http://continuumcoin.com)

HOTFIXES
========
- Hardware Errors preference/value not set on first load
- Fixed hashrate inconsistency with API
- Resolved user_data folder not being found in certain cases
- Improved session performance
- Decimal place rounding for cgminer accepted/rejected
- Active navbar link display states
- Github repo URL in Update Available alert was incorrect

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:35:14 PM

I installed it on my Synology NAS (409) works great.

Notes:

Few bugs in 1.1.0 in that the monitoring doesn't disable. And some interface glitches when adding miners, but fixable.

Would like the HW error monitoring to be % based rather than a fixed number, because ASIC miners have HW errors in the 1,000's but the overall % is usually less than 1% to be acceptable.

Would be great to have email alerts for the monitoring.

Otherwise I donated, everyone who uses this should too its awesome!

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Riley600

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:11:00 PM

Great program!  I've used the Windows version for a couple days and I really like it.  However, the HW error display mentioned above needs to be tweaked a little - my Gridseed ACICs throw some errors naturally and get flagged in short order.
gigica viteazu`

Activity: 458

beast at work

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:16:27 PM

looking nice ... the icons size and spacing between panels seems a bit exaggerate but its ok
burritoboy9984

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:59:52 PM

Just installed cg and it looks very impressive. One suggestion I could think of is if you could make it separate Scrypt rigs from SHA rigs from X11 rigs from etc etc. Perhaps add a user inputted modifier when adding a rig for it to be under a certain group. Then show the totals for the separate modifiers at the top of the page. That way a person doesn't have to maintain multiple installations for each algorithm. I hacked up anubis to allow this, but your code looks too advanced for me, LOL.

Keep up the good work.
cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 02:04:56 PM

Just installed cg and it looks very impressive. One suggestion I could think of is if you could make it separate Scrypt rigs from SHA rigs from X11 rigs from etc etc. Perhaps add a user inputted modifier when adding a rig for it to be under a certain group. Then show the totals for the separate modifiers at the top of the page. That way a person doesn't have to maintain multiple installations for each algorithm. I hacked up anubis to allow this, but your code looks too advanced for me, LOL.

Keep up the good work.

Many thanks burritoboy9984! We're actually in the process of adding multiple 'total hashrate' counters that will be displayed at the same time for various algorithms. Some other neat features coming as well, but mainly a major optimization/rewrite of most of our core functionality. We want to refine our foundation before pushing forward, but things are going quite well.

Stay tuned for updates as we'll surely be posting about them when ready.

Cheers!

Riley600

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:01:51 PM

I really like your software and am using it on my Windows 7 rig to monitor my miners.  Glad to hear you're still working on it and I look forward to updates Smiley
xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:11:43 PM

does this work with ghash.io?
Riley600

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:35:13 PM

It doesn't appear that is one of the pools, no. 
cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 02:39:33 PM

Hey xzempt, not sure if it was also you who commented on our YouTube walkthrough video, but here's what we posted as a reply:

At this point, there is no Ghash.io support, however we're studying the API in hopes of bringing access to monitor the Pool. You probably won't be able to monitor specific miners/rigs from Ghash, since cryptoGlance needs access to the mining API (cgminer/bfgminer/etc.), and we're pretty sure that Ghash does not provide that kind of access.

Again, we hope to eventually enable you to monitor via adding a Pool panel, which should still give you a wealth of information. Look at the "Private Functions" on this page to see what info we are trying to integrate: https://cex.io/api

Stay tuned, as we're always pushing hard to support more pools and bring up more features. There's only 3 of us though, so your patience is much appreciated! Smiley

Tinua

Activity: 871
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:07:55 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 10:16:59 PM by Tinua

Hi there.

I'm trying for some time with various monitoring tools, such as CryptoGlance, to observe all my KNC-Jupter.
But it does not work.

In Jupiter I have the following cgconfig:
------------------------------------------
   "api-listen": true,
   "api-mcast": true,
   "api-mcast-port": "4028",
   "api-port": "4028",
   "expiry": "120",
   "failover-only": true,
   "log", "5",
   "no-pool-disable": true,
   "queue": "1",
   "scan-time": "60",
   "shares": "0",
   "kernel-path": "/ usr / bin"
   "api-allow": "W: 127.0.0.1, W: 192.168.90.0/24"
-------------------------------------------

Has anyone ever done or knows of the error?

Or someone knows another monitoring tool that works with the KNC-Jupiters?

greeting
Tinu
cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 04:56:58 PM

Hi there.

I'm trying for some time with various monitoring tools, such as CryptoGlance, to observe all my KNC-Jupter.
But it does not work.

In Jupiter I have the following cgconfig:
------------------------------------------
   "api-list": true,
   "api-mcast": true,
   "api-mcast-port": "4028",
   "api-port": "4028",
   "expiry": "120",
   "failover-only": true,
   "log", "5",
   "no-pool-disable": true,
   "queue": "1",
   "scan-time": "60",
   "shares": "0",
   "kernel-path": "/ usr / bin"
   "api-allow": "W: 127.0.0.1, W: 192.168.90.0/24"
-------------------------------------------

Has anyone ever done or knows of the error?

Or someone knows another monitoring tool that works with the KNC-Jupiters?

greeting
Tinu

Hey Tinu, thanks for trying out cryptoGlance! We only wish we had the hardware like yours, so it's been tough for us to account for every device.

Anyway, this may be a minor thing, but you can try to remove the space in the 'api-allow' field, so that it looks like this:

Code:
"api-allow": "W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.90.0/24"

I kind of doubt that will fix it, but maybe it would if you cannot get any monitoring tool to work. Also, I'm not sure which mining app you're using, but I have heard that bfgminer does not like the api-mcast parameters, so you may try removing them as well.

If possible, please provide us with more detail as to what's happening, but from your post, I can gather that you attempt to add the rig, but then nothing happens. OR, does it show in the list, and is grey?

Thanks again!

Tinua

Activity: 871
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:09:06 PM

Hey Tinu, thanks for trying out cryptoGlance! We only wish we had the hardware like yours, so it's been tough for us to account for every device.

Anyway, this may be a minor thing, but you can try to remove the space in the 'api-allow' field, so that it looks like this:

Code:

I kind of doubt that will fix it, but maybe it would if you cannot get any monitoring tool to work. Also, I'm not sure which mining app you're using, but I have heard that bfgminer does not like the api-mcast parameters, so you may try removing them as well.

If possible, please provide us with more detail as to what's happening, but from your post, I can gather that you attempt to add the rig, but then nothing happens. OR, does it show in the list, and is grey?

Thanks again!

Hi Cryptoglance

I try "api-allow" with and without space, also with "W:0/0".
I try cgminer, bfgminer.
I try with and without "api-mcast" etc.
No effect.

It shows the name in the list grey, but nothing more.

The funny is, inside the KNC-Miner dashboard, the api-connection works.
But not to Cryptoglance.

KNC-Jupiter use cgminer 4.2.3

If u need spezific infos, just tell me.

Greetings
Tinu
PS. Sorry for my bad english.
Riley600

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:10:35 PM

Code:

Thanks again!

Hi Cryptoglance

I try "api-allow" with and without space, also with "W:0/0".
I try cgminer, bfgminer.
I try with and without "api-mcast" etc.
No effect.

It shows the name in the list grey, but nothing more.

The funny is, inside the KNC-Miner dashboard, the api-connection works.
But not to Cryptoglance.

KNC-Jupiter use cgminer 4.2.3

If u need spezific infos, just tell me.

Greetings
Tinu
PS. Sorry for my bad english.
I think I might know what your issue is.

Go into the Cryptoglance folder and find "settings.json".  Edit that file in Notepad.
Find the line with "listen on": and make sure that IP points to the local IP where your mining client is running (ie. 192.168.1.xxx).  Check to make sure the Cryptoglance port is the one you want (mine is 4041).  Save and exit.  I suspect it will work properly now.  Lemme know if that works!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: