Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:54:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can I do any mining with this set up?  (Read 2774 times)
jonatron5 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:21:29 AM

Ok I apologise for posting this in two different forums bit it seemed to fit in two different catagories.

Ive built my gaming rig and its great for whatt i use it for. Its a great gaming machine, and i know that inherrintly means its not built to be a bitcoin miner. But im away from my system for a while at a time so I figured id look into doing something profitable inmy spare time. So heres my system specs I was wanting to know if i could be of any use and what sort of cut i could ecpect with my hardware.

Gigabyte board
Fx 6350 soon to be overclocked.  As high as my new cooler will allow.
gtx 780ti
8gb ram.
1000watt gold certified psu

Like I say I know its not an ideal machine but If I can be of any help? The electricity isnt costing me a dime atm so....... might as well
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 01:40:33 AM

You're well over a year late to the party for mining BTC with any PC.  There might be some alt coins you can play around with if you're interested - check out the alt coins forums.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
jonatron5 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:43:47 AM

At rhe risk of sound I ignorant. What are alt coins?
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1091

Think for yourself

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 03:21:30 AM

Other crypto currencies that may still be profitable to mine with a GPU.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
activebiz

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:48:12 PM

Other crypto currencies that may still be profitable to mine with a GPU.
see the alternate cryptocurrency section.
you can only profitable mine gpu coins

avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:24:14 AM

Check this subforum. Best try some new coins.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:59:57 PM

Ok I apologise for posting this in two different forums bit it seemed to fit in two different catagories.

Ive built my gaming rig and its great for whatt i use it for. Its a great gaming machine, and i know that inherrintly means its not built to be a bitcoin miner. But im away from my system for a while at a time so I figured id look into doing something profitable inmy spare time. So heres my system specs I was wanting to know if i could be of any use and what sort of cut i could ecpect with my hardware.

Gigabyte board
gtx 780ti
8gb ram.

Like I say I know its not an ideal machine but If I can be of any help? The electricity isnt costing me a dime atm so....... might as well

If you have free electricy.. try buying a "New-R-box" from rock miner and use your computer as the controller..? 

Even doing that if you are looking to make money mining the odds are you will not.

If you really do have free power I would highly suggest looking up an S1 miner on Kijiji they are going for $50.. with free power you will probably see a return.  coinwarz.com  The S1 runs at 180Ghash/second.

If you are dead set on using your computer try Darkcoin or Primecoin.
steeveGrube

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:13:21 PM

Gigabyte board
gtx 780ti
8gb ram.

i think you can just do some profit via cointellect services...

you can not do profit with standard mining for sure!!!

if you want to deepend cointellect, here is the official link

http://cointellectfaq.blogspot.it/
https://cointellect.com/

but remebert...

to do profit with GPU it is hardest!!!

you can get some old greedseed to do profit!!!
just 7/8 watt for 300khash
Bananana

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 02:22:06 PM

Gigabyte board
gtx 780ti
8gb ram.

Yes, you can still mine x11 algo with your GPU. you can look into wafflepool.com and calculate if it is profitable for you..

bloodDiamond

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:37:03 PM

Gigabyte board
gtx 780ti
8gb ram.

Yes, you can still mine x11 algo with your GPU. you can look into wafflepool.com and calculate if it is profitable for you..

i just check wafflepool.com.

but i can't see any profit calculator!!!

i miss it?

can you share the link?

Bananana

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 12:11:12 AM

Gigabyte board
gtx 780ti
8gb ram.

i miss it?

can you share the link?

Well there is no calculator in wafflepool.com. You can see here for the current x11 profitability http://www.wafflepool.com/stats/x11.

bloodDiamond

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 09:07:57 AM

Gigabyte board
gtx 780ti
8gb ram.

i miss it?

can you share the link?

Well there is no calculator in wafflepool.com. You can see here for the current x11 profitability http://www.wafflepool.com/stats/x11.

oh i understand...

i have checked now...
with one 280X you get 0,01063872btc / daily.
you do some gain just if you have a veeeeeeeeeeeery low electricity contract
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 11:16:16 AM

Gigabyte board
gtx 780ti
8gb ram.

actually, you could try to mine VTC, the 780ti is doing great on the new lyra2RE algo (not sure if it will be really profitable, as many gpu miner moved already to vtc...)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Bananana

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 02:42:25 PM

Gigabyte board
gtx 780ti
8gb ram.

i miss it?

can you share the link?

oh i understand...

i have checked now...

I think your calculator is way off, the btc figure is based on 1 MH x11 algo. So for 280x the max you should get daily is 0.001 BTC assuming you are using the best kernal from wolf.

steeveGrube

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 06:28:04 PM

Gigabyte board
gtx 780ti
8gb ram.

i miss it?

can you share the link?

oh i understand...

i have checked now...

I think your calculator is way off, the btc figure is based on 1 MH x11 algo. So for 280x the max you should get daily is 0.001 BTC assuming you are using the best kernal from wolf.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

i think your compute it's wrong!!!

a 280x is capable of 3Mhash on X11 algo.

from http://www.wafflepool.com/stats/x11:
Date                   BTC            Hashrate   BTC / 1MH
Dec   15, 2014   2.17701360   13.47 GH/s   0.00016164

and so 0.00016164*3*24H = 0,01163808btc/day
TorinT

Activity: 173

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 06:45:28 PM

280x is capable of 7M on x11! Smiley
bloodDiamond

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:04:52 AM

280x is capable of 7M on x11! Smiley

do you mean who you can do 0,02715552btc/Day?Huh'

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

0.00016164*7*24H = 0,02715552btc/day

it is right?Huh

sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:51:38 PM

Replace the gtx 780ti with a 980 card.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 04:09:58 PM

Replace the gtx 780ti with a 980 card.
poor guy  Grin, he asked about his 780ti and what he gets is mostly trolling from amd users who can't read good (because 280 != 780) Grin
actually the 780ti is still doing good... (haven't tested the new x11 code though... )
I would not replace mine actually (I bought the 980 not in replacement but as an addition)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
bloodDiamond

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:32:33 PM

how to get wol bin to reach X11 6Mhash with 280x??

thanks!!!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: