Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:08:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is peercoin good coin to invest in?  (Read 2849 times)
K210 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:59:35 AM

Thinking about investing $1000 into peercoin, is it a good coin to invest in or should i go for something else? If your going to suggest another coin make sure it is at least 2 years old, i dont put serious money into anything that is less than 2 years old no matter how good it is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Roast-Toast

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:47:51 AM

In all honesty, PeerCoin is somewhat defunct at this point. Their currency and economy has been on a decline for a while. Perhaps, you should take a look at Ripple. Their Market Capitalization is second only to Bitcoin. The value of Ripple is also rising again. Take a look. Might not be 2 years old. Not sure, a google search will help. But they are a coin veteran.

Perhaps try your luck with Dogecoins, but their value has been very turbulent as of late.

Maybe, don't limit your options to old coins. There are many new, prominent coins with great potential.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:51:46 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 03:04:05 AM by Bizmark13

I like it, but $1,000 is a lot of money.

Peercoin was the first coin to employ proof-of-stake (technically hybrid PoW and PoS) and was considered to be very innovative when it was first launched. Technology-wise, other coins like NXT and BTSX have surpassed it but it has one of the best and most highly-respected devs (Sunny King) working on it and a substantial community behind it. And unlike many other older coins (e.g. Namecoin and Litecoin), there are still new developments being built on top of PPC too such as Peershares, and NuBits/NuShares.

The goals behind Peercoin also differ from that of Bitcoin and Litecoin. Peercoin isn't really designed for small transactions due to its fixed transaction fee. It's not really a currency that you would buy baked beans at your local grocery store with, for example. It was always intended to be used as more of a savings account or a "backbone currency" (as Sunny King puts it) than a currency for day-to-day transactions since the very beginning.

In all honesty, PeerCoin is somewhat defunct at this point. Their currency and economy has been on a decline for a while.

Whether or not the price of PPC will go up probably depends on whether the whole cryptocurrency market will succeed. Litecoin spent most of 2013 losing value against the dollar only to spike when Bitcoin prices spiked in November-December.

Perhaps, you should take a look at Ripple. Their Market Capitalization is second only to Bitcoin. The value of Ripple is also rising again. Take a look. Might not be 2 years old. Not sure, a google search will help. But they are a coin veteran.

The idea behind Ripple is very old, and possibly predates even Bitcoin itself. But it's internal currency - XRP, on the other hand is quite new. Launched in late 2013 I believe.

Maybe, don't limit your options to old coins. There are many new, prominent coins with great potential.

Agreed.
Roast-Toast

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 03:03:44 AM

I like it, but $1,000 is a lot of money.

Peercoin was the first coin to employ proof-of-stake (technically hybrid PoW and PoS) and was considered to be very innovative when it was first launched. Technology-wise, other coins like NXT and BTSX have surpassed it but it has one of the best and most highly-respected devs (Sunny King) working on it and a substantial community behind it. And unlike many other older coins (e.g. Namecoin and Litecoin), there are still new developments being built on top of PPC too such as Peershares, and NuBits/NuShares.

The goals behind Peercoin also differ from that of Bitcoin and Litecoin. Peercoin isn't really designed for small transactions due to its fixed transaction fee. It's not really a currency that you would buy baked beans at your grocery store with, for example. It was always intended to be used as more of a savings account or a "backbone currency" (as Sunny King puts it) than a currency for day-to-day transactions since the very beginning.

Very true. And BTW OP, perhaps invest in more than 1 type of coin. BizMark brought up a good point with the Nu network. NuBit has a good idea with keeping value equal to a fiat for purchasing with ease. Its managing service, NuShare, is the one that gains/loses value based on the Nu network's success. Maybe a good investment here, too.

But back to PeerCoin, it has been laying low for a while and isn't a casual alt-coin. Biz explained it well, and I have nothing more to say about it. It may prove to be a good investment, but trends show a decline in value. For that reason, I have to advise against it. But don't take my word supremely, make your own decision. Invest at your own risk, and don't invest more than you can afford to lose.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 03:24:12 AM

In all honesty, PeerCoin is somewhat defunct at this point. Their currency and economy has been on a decline for a while. Perhaps, you should take a look at Ripple. Their Market Capitalization is second only to Bitcoin. The value of Ripple is also rising again. Take a look. Might not be 2 years old. Not sure, a google search will help. But they are a coin veteran.

Perhaps try your luck with Dogecoins, but their value has been very turbulent as of late.

lol two horrible choices , what terrible advice.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Yurizhai

Activity: 764

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:44:33 AM

Because NuShare dividend payments are only made in Peercoins, Peercoin will never die. This can't be said for a lot of cryptos out there. Even if literally no one used PPC outside of dividends, it still means it has a guaranteed use for the foreseeable future.
smalltimer

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:55:05 AM

^
peercoin nubits shill hype spammer

@OP
there are worse coins than PPC to put money on but also better ones  Grin
Yurizhai

Activity: 764

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:59:41 AM

^
peercoin nubits shill hype spammer

@OP
there are worse coins than PPC to put money on but also better ones  Grin

What I just said was 100% true and a fact. NuShare dividend payments are made only in PPC. The last dividend payment 2 weeks ago had $50,000 worth of PPC bought off the open market and given to shareholders. As the Nu network expands and finds more ways to generate revenue, dividends will come out faster. PPC will always be at least used for that purpose.
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:26:45 AM

This is very hard to say - in which coins to invest and then make profit. You can make very easily mistake - there are a lot of coins. One of main question is - what is your profit expectation on this. PM me, if you want more detailed info.   
lalakies23

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:40:11 PM

Peercoin is the best. If you have 1000$ and you want to put them in a crypto, peercoin shall be your first choice. (I've been in cryptos from the beggining and PPC is the only crypto i embrace from this point and beyond)
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:01:10 AM

Wu Tang Clan aint Nothing to Fuck With!

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
K210 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:40:12 AM

Okay i took the plunge, i am now the owner of 714 peercoin. I choose to go ahead with ppc because i honestly think it has a future and it will always have a purpose in the form of nushares as someone in this thread said. It will be interesting to see how much 714 ppc is worth in a couple of years time.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:54:08 AM

peercoin (PPC) its holding strong around .57 while Litecoin dives.
Agestorzrxx

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 10:01:01 AM

Thinking about investing $1000 into peercoin, is it a good coin to invest in or should i go for something else? If your going to suggest another coin make sure it is at least 2 years old, i dont put serious money into anything that is less than 2 years old no matter how good it is.
NO, it's a bad choice to invest into PPC.
The reason is the mechanism is wrong, it will going to die.
Think about the interest of ppc, it's seems great, but it's not.
It like a perpetual motion.
Nobody pay the interest, it's just came out, as follow from the sky.
The amount of PPC is infinite.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 10:07:29 AM

break your two year rule and go for NXT, it could be starting a new uptrend.  

would also want to recommend XRP and STR but those already have risen a lot.  BTS is also good, but it's flat right joe.  so NXT is a good bet.  also noticed their devs have been aggressive with their updates which is good to see. 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
MS.drawing

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 10:28:17 AM

I think there is better invest  than invest in peercoin, just a opinion.Worldcoin is not bad actually
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 10:48:10 AM

Not an expert on altcoins but if I were you I wouldn't invest $1000 in any of them.

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:52:22 AM

peercoin [ppc] making a strong comeback from todays drop.
pragmatic gut

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:57:28 AM

Nushares rely on a custodian which falls short a "trustless" model .... "trustless" being the goal ..... so .... the only thing out there is Bitshares .....

.... whenever and if Truthcoin comes out .... this may be even better than Bitshares ...

i am a big Ethereum fan .....

other coins ... how about Franko? .... or HBN ... or TEK ..... these being coins with good roll outs ....
Bizmark13

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:52:05 AM

peercoin [ppc] making a strong comeback from todays drop.

It's still hovering at 51 cents. It's value hasn't changed much when priced at BTC though:

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: