Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:24:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the best evidence that bitcoin will succeed, courtesy of fewcoins  (Read 6041 times)
BTCtrader71 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:05:19 AM

For bitcoin to succeed, there needs to be a reason for the average Joe to use it. The best evidence that this may eventually come to fruition is seeing it used as currency (as opposed to a store of value) by people who are not permabulls, early adopters, HODL'ers or crypto investors, bitcoin enthusiasts, etc. People who have no ideological reason to believe in or to promote bitcoin. People who have no emotional investment in its success. Better still, people who are the opposite: people who believe that bitcoin is not destined to succeed.

fewcoins is one of those people. He bashes bitcoins left and right in this forum. But then he comes out and says ...

... I own two businesses that accept bitcoin ...

But it doesn't end there. As if to prove that he is using bitcoin as currency -- not as a store of value -- he adds:

... we dump everything right to fiat.

So there we have it: a non-believer who nevertheless uses bitcoin as a currency. Q.E.D.

I think we should all say a big fat Thank You to fewcoins for providing what really is the most convincing evidence that bitcoin can and will spread eventually to the average Joe. Intentional or not, you have restored my faith.

Cool

(I actually think this was his secret purpose all along ...  Wink )

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
hongl3liang

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:15:05 AM

i do not hate fewcoins. It 's actually good for some people to stand on the opposite side. He is just extraordinarily annoying at least sometimes.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:33:48 AM

i do not hate fewcoins. It 's actually good for some people to stand on the opposite side. He is just extraordinarily annoying at least sometimes.

5+ bash bitcoin threads in under 30 minutes gg

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:16:03 AM

It is ironic that he accepts BTC yet doesnt think it should be worth anything lol...

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Mellnik

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:08:45 AM

Thanks fewcoins for proving us right  Smiley.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 03:55:19 PM

I don't think this confession of his holds any more truth than the rest of his gibberish. I do not think he has or has ever had any substantial amount of coins, and he definitely has no businesses online or offline, because these take time, the same resource he wastes on this forums.

I think most of those trolls bash bitcoin here for one for three reasons:
1. they want to buy as cheap as "early adopters" because world in which they have to pay the current price seems unfair to them, i.e. not grown up yet.
2. they have convinced themselves not to buy last year, and now they thoroughly regret that decision and try to justify it to themselves. Not many people can accept the fact that they were wrong.
3. they are on a payroll, working for some whale buyer, accompanying his buys with background noise to not move the price up too much.

Hard to imagine any other reasons Smiley

i am satoshi
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1301

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:24:22 PM

I don't think this confession of his holds any more truth than the rest of his gibberish. I do not think he has or has ever had any substantial amount of coins, and he definitely has no businesses online or offline, because these take time, the same resource he wastes on this forums.

1. they want to buy as cheap as "early adopters" because world in which they have to pay the current price seems unfair to them, i.e. not grown up yet.
2. they have convinced themselves not to buy last year, and now they thoroughly regret that decision and try to justify it to themselves. Not many people can accept the fact that they were wrong.
3. they are on a payroll, working for some whale buyer, accompanying his buys with background noise to not move the price up too much.

4. Insanity.   Smiley  (Not insanity regarding their opinion about bitcoins, just plain insanity).
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:28:16 PM

Oh I think you'll find the trolls on this forum are very sane. Sad but sane.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:34:23 PM

Oh I think you'll find the trolls on this forum are very sane...

...unlike some of the posters here.

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1301

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:58:26 PM

Oh I think you'll find the trolls on this forum are very sane. Sad but sane.

Some are, some, by their own statements, are not.
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 05:25:29 AM

Bashing me instead of having a conversation sucks... Something kids do, but.......
Awesome to know you guys are realizing the truth that for bitcoin to be readily accepted everywhere it MUST be close to other exchange rates.. So are we back to $2?
You guys can come by in NYC to spend your bitcoin with me, promise to get you the best deals on alcohol, tobacco, accessories and even car repairs.
For online product businesses check out my site KlipKeeper.com
hongl3liang

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:30:52 AM

sorry,i did not smoke。otherwise,i will buy some using  btc。
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 05:38:16 AM

sorry,i did not smoke。otherwise,i will buy some using  btc。

I understand, I still have many customers that don't smoke cigarettes, They buy these as Christmas gifts for other people, family members, co-workers
Also marijuana smokers apparently love it & seems we are now slowly taking over that market instead. Thanks for the interest though! Much Love!!
KlipKeeper.com
JimDowJones

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:15:22 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 08:50:05 AM by JimDowJones

fewcoins takes bitcoin because he knows he'll hold it when the graph is going vertical, otherwise the only reason to cash out to fiat immediately is so you can spend it. Remember folks: you cant buy hard drugs and hookers with bitcoin yet, studies have shown the most popular way to spend btc at the moment is in donations to charities.

There are also studies which found that people that actually have 1+ btc of crypto currency tend not to spend it, they are saving it longterm. What fewcoins doesnt understand is that store of value is just one very important property of currency and bitcoin is great at it.

If fewcoins understood the potential in cryptocurrency, he wouldnt be talking this way.

If he looked at BTC as a longterm store of value and invested heavily, 2 years ago, hed be a millionaire. Im sure that's about the only thing he understands about Bitcoin and hes kicking himself for not having been taught the discipline of saving money.
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:34:51 AM

[...] store of value is just one very important property of currency and bitcoin is great at it.

Hey hey... what are you talking about? A store of value is good when you can store value in and retrieve it out when you need it. Bitcoin is a great store of value only if price constantly rise amiright? But, today, will you store your wealth in bitcoin? Hell no, because it can drop 5% or more in a day like nothing. And who want to lose 5% or more in a day? Nobody. When/if bitcoin price gain stability (or start ever-increasing again) then it will become a great store of value again. But not now. BTW i do understand bitcoin usefulness and actually use it, only not as a store of value (obviously).

Fortune cannot take away what she has not given.
JimDowJones

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:44:51 AM

[...] store of value is just one very important property of currency and bitcoin is great at it.

Hey hey... what are you talking about? A store of value is good when you can store value in and retrieve it out when you need it. Bitcoin is a great store of value only if price constantly rise amiright? But, today, will you store your wealth in bitcoin? Hell no, because it can drop 5% or more in a day like nothing. And who want to lose 5% or more in a day? Nobody. When/if bitcoin price gain stability (or start ever-increasing again) then it will become a great store of value again. But not now. BTW i do understand bitcoin usefulness and actually use it, only not as a store of value (obviously).

I look at bitcoin as gold 2.0 and the future of banking because after holding my value in bitcoin for two years ive made 10,000 percent on my investment and there is nothing that can offer me reward like that in traditional banking cults.
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:07:48 AM

I look at bitcoin as gold 2.0 and the future of banking because after holding my value in bitcoin for two years ive made 10,000 percent on my investment and there is nothing that can offer me reward like that in traditional banking cults.

You were lucky. Once. It had been a mad ride, but the environment change constantly and so our choices must adapt to it. If bitcoin start rising again i'll be the first to go all-in with all i got, but storing wealth in it right now is not wise.

Fortune cannot take away what she has not given.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:32:43 PM

... after holding my value in bitcoin for two years ive made 10,000 percent on my investment and there is nothing that can offer me reward like that in traditional banking cults.

Try the lottery.
If you win, you can brag about making a million percent on your investment, and tell us how clever you were to buy lottery tickets Smiley
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:34:37 AM

A paid shill comes to mind....I guess that could be #3.
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 07:04:16 AM

idiots still talking about store of value when we are down over 70% is exactly why I lost faith in bitcoin!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: