Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:55:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If forex bots lose, then shouldn't doing the exact opposite trades win?  (Read 890 times)
Bizmark13 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:53:52 AM

I've seen forex bots being advertised that you can buy for a small price. You set them up, top up with some funds, and an algorithm does the trades for you.

So, as I see it, there are two possibilities:

1. These bots DO actually work. The algorithm is successful at predicting the prices of specific currency pairs and determining when to buy and sell.

2. These bots DON'T work at all and end up losing money.

From the information that I've read on the Internet, it seems that the latter is generally true. However, if forex bots generally end up losing money then shouldn't doing the exact opposite of the bot's trades yield a winning result? i.e. if the bot puts in a sell order then you put in a buy order, or if the bot puts in a buy order then you put in a sell order, etc.

EDIT: I guess fees would eat into the profit somewhat but as long as the fees aren't huge, the above strategy should work right?
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:28:45 AM

I've seen forex bots being advertised that you can buy for a small price. You set them up, top up with some funds, and an algorithm does the trades for you.

So, as I see it, there are two possibilities:

1. These bots DO actually work. The algorithm is successful at predicting the prices of specific currency pairs and determining when to buy and sell.

2. These bots DON'T work at all and end up losing money.

From the information that I've read on the Internet, it seems that the latter is generally true. However, if forex bots generally end up losing money then shouldn't doing the exact opposite of the bot's trades yield a winning result? i.e. if the bot puts in a sell order then you put in a buy order, or if the bot puts in a buy order then you put in a sell order, etc.

EDIT: I guess fees would eat into the profit somewhat but as long as the fees aren't huge, the above strategy should work right?

If you do EXACTLY the opposite (like you mimick the bots orders of a small denomination), you will probably make a loss.
You can make a huge loss. Or a moderate profit, which needs lot of luck.

Markets are volatile.

And if you think setting a low sell, high buy order is profitable? Know that the bot makes loss not because of that, but because it was not able to make one of the trade.
master5

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:23:58 PM

I don't trust bots, because competent trading involves fundamental and technical analysis. Bots are not able to analyze fundamentally, this is their weakness.
zyzzbrah

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:31:29 PM

I don't trust bots, because competent trading involves fundamental and technical analysis. Bots are not able to analyze fundamentally, this is their weakness.
How can you apply TA when the market gets manipulated constantly?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 07:32:24 AM

What described in the OP is called the Costanza Bot®.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:28:00 AM

In Forex market you can win with bots or loose. It depends from Forex market, your Forex knowledge and then bots set up. It is not an easy and simple task to make Forex money  Grin
FlyForFun

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:11:18 PM

You forget about the spread for forex. On average, everyone including bot lose..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: