Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:17:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Examples of failed coin IPOs?  (Read 1177 times)
Bizmark13 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:13:59 AM

The NXT IPO created millionaires from those who invested 1 BTC. Those who had invested in the Qora IPO have seen a return of over ten times their initial investment. The Reddcoin IPO also turned out to be quite successful for its initial investors.

So, my question is, have there ever been any failed (not scam) IPOs? By "failed", I don't mean obvious scams like Stackcoin where the developer ran away with the IPO and never released a product. Rather, I mean situations where the price failed to rise after launch and those who invested in the IPO made a loss on their initial investment.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:36:48 AM

The NXT IPO created millionaires from those who invested 1 BTC. Those who had invested in the Qora IPO have seen a return of over ten times their initial investment. The Reddcoin IPO also turned out to be quite successful for its initial investors.

So, my question is, have there ever been any failed (not scam) IPOs? By "failed", I don't mean obvious scams like Stackcoin where the developer ran away with the IPO and never released a product. Rather, I mean situations where the price failed to rise after launch and those who invested in the IPO made a loss on their initial investment.

BlockNet - look it up on bittrex.

EPIC FAIL
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:05:02 AM

This has indeed happened on several occasions 
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:13:34 PM

So, my question is, have there ever been any failed (not scam) IPOs?

you can't know if there even is a single ipo which wasn't a scam because of the selfbuy-problem.
When will you understand?
100% of ico can be scam and likely are and you'd never know because no evidence.
Keep buying shit dumbo.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:24:11 PM

Most of the free IPO coins were fail. Just take a look at GCoin, Communitycoin, Freebiescoin and so on.
JohnTheSalch

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:39:46 PM

It's looking like Bitbay won't get back to the initial price anytime soon. The charts look like a sea of bagholders waiting to unload.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:21:53 PM

Crypti now half of its IPO Price.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:37:37 PM

lol IPO=ICO=PREMINE that they sell....lol its actually funny
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5017

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:26:02 PM

When is an IPO considered a failure? There are coins that are below IPO price yet are still developing.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
JackRipper

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 07:44:05 PM

SYS flopped pretty hard.

Ebrelus

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 08:29:04 PM

NXTL aka NODE "distribution" was epic fail.

It ended with few months delay with robbing initial investors in favour of most active ones. They could get higher share on cost of these who were confused by few topics, inactive forum, prolongations of distribution's end and didn't keep up with rules changes. I personally got only a fraction of promised proportional share after long battle for fullfillment of initial promises.

It is situation even worse than pump and dump because then you know what risk you are taking and what rules your money is invested by.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: