Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:56:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: cloudminr.io - not legit at all?  (Read 6387 times)
SEnergy (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:00:01 PM

I was looking for some cloud mining that has good price and acceptable fees, however since there is shitload of scams with this I started to read ToS and look at the source code of the website, what happened with cloudminr.io is funny and sad at the same time, make your mind:

conversation
Code:
Hello,

in your ToS you are saying that you apply maintenance fees as said in FAQ, I quote:
"8.4. The Maintenance Cost is charged in Bitcoins in the way described at the FAQ ("Frequently Asked Questions") section of the website. Maintenance Cost is deducted from cloud based mining contract owners at the time of every payout."
sadly, in FAQ you say that you have NO fees...
mining -> what fees do you have -> "We have a no fee policy. For any changes we will notify everyone through our website and on Bitcointalk forums."
does this mean you have NO maintenance fees (I pay 0.0013 BTC/GH ONCE, nothing more, nothing less, no matter how long I'm using your service if the time won't exceed 5 years, as the contract is valid for 5 years), and therefore when you update your terms of service, applying maintenance fees, I'm eligible for a FULL refund as you broke the contract by modifying it before 5 years passed?
please be aware that if I'll decide to make a contract with you, I will keep this message in case something unfortunate happens
Kind Regards, Juraj K.

Hello!

Yes, contracts bought now will have no fees. There are no payout limits as well as no fees for payouts too.
That is a part of our special offer and aggressive pricing policy as a new cloud mining platform. In the future, we will likely charge maintenance costs for new contracts (contracts bought now will not be affected). We will make sure everyone is aware of the changes when they take place.
Best regards,
Adrian

Hello,

I'm sorry, but this still looks kinda suspicious, why?
your website says that if I buy 1TH/s I'll get 2.093 BTC as first year return, however according to any calculator (even mine), it's possible to mine 4.5912 BTC in 1 year, if I substract 1.3 BTC for the 1TH/s contract, it is 3.2912 BTC, which is 157.248% of what you say is my return, how come so?
Are you absolutely sure there are NO fees, or cuts, or anything from your side? am I truly getting every BTC I mine? or are you getting ~36.5% cut from the BTC I mine?

Thanks, Juraj K.

Hello!

It seems that you have mixed up two different things - profit and return :)
Return is the total amount of Bitcoins mined. It is not the same as profit. Profit equals return minus investment.
In the example you provided with 1 TH/s - 2.093 BTC is the total estimated return. With the price per GH/s being 0.0013 BTC, that means 0.793 BTC profit.
It is important to note that total return estimation varies greatly depending on your expected future difficulty increases and there is no way to predict that with 100% accuracy.
Everything stated regarding fees/maintenance costs in our previous message is correct.
Hopefully I have cleared everything up and nothing seems suspicious for you anymore. If you still have any questions, please let us know. We will be glad to help you!

Best regards,
Adrian

Hello again,

actually I understood the return pretty well, that's why I was subtracting initial price from "return"
so again, according to mine and any other calculator, the "return" (how much anyone will mine with 1TH/s) is 4.5912 BTC in 1 year at current difficulty, which is more than 200% of the return you are listing on you website
from the source code of your website I can see that you are not even using any calculator (a lot of them have API, so you can just send simple POST HTTPs and get the correct value of return), but instead this insanely weird formula:
GHs * 0.0013 * 1.61
where 0.0013 is your price per GHs and 1.61 is supposed to be "ROI", can I ask you how did you come to this number?

Kind Regards, Juraj K.

Hello!

First of all, 4.5912 BTC is realistically impossible. It is only possible with 0% difficulty increases. However, difficulty tends to increase each two weeks.
Please see https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty for historical difficulty increases.
You can also find a mining profit calculator in the same website: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator
No, GHs * 0.0013 * 1.61 is not the formula. 1.61 is the output from our server-side calculation that gets re-adjusted each few days automatically.
To get the coefficient 1.61 we use the following method:
We get the first difficulty period returns: (seconds until next difficulty change / ((2^32 * difficulty)/(GHS * 10^9))/25)), then the next, then next until there is total of 365 days. For each difficulty period we use our estimated increase that we mainly calculate using historical results and or own coefficients based on our assumptions about the Bitcoin network and mining industry.
The estimated difficulty increase can vary a lot and it causes total returns to vary a lot too - for example: If you use 5% average estimated increase, total mined bitcoins by 2016 will be 2.681, while if you use 7% the total mined bitcoins by 2016 will be 2.209.
A shorter conclusion - the 4.5x BTC number is not realistic as it doesn't take in account future difficulty increases. Our estimate is calculated mostly on the server-side using our own assumptions about the mining industry.
Please spend some time playing around on https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator - use no fees/electricity costs and try different difficulty increments.
Let us know if you have any more questions. Hopefully my answer helped you.

Best regards,
Adrian

Hello,

I'm sorry, but your "1.61 ROI" is NOT calculated on the server side, it's hard-coded in your website source code as
var roi = 1.61;
the formula you provided is, hm, nice, but then again, you have hard-coded ROI and not calculated, you don't send any HTTP requests to your sever for current ROI and I highly doubt you update it on a daily basis...

Kind Regards, Juraj K.

Hello!

I asked our developer and his response was following:
"yeah it's not daily, its each difficulty change. but roi IS generated on server side. that is why users cannot really see any requests just like they cannot see any requests for account balance and such.. try to give him this example "roi = yearly_roi()?>" and ask if it is still hard coded (rhetorical question)"
I am not a developer, but from his answer we can conclude that the yearly ROI does come from a server side calculation and it doesn't need any front-end requests just as the message you are reading right now does not need any visible HTTP requests.
If you still have any questions, please let us know!

Best regards,
Adrian

Hello,

actually, in order to get your reply I NEED to send a HTTP request, exactly this one:

POST /contact/ HTTP/1.1
Host: cloudminr.io
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 33
Cache-Control: max-age=0
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8
Origin: https://cloudminr.io
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.71 Safari/537.36
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Referer: https://cloudminr.io/contact/
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Accept-Language: sk-SK,sk;q=0.8,cs;q=0.6,en-US;q=0.4,en;q=0.2
Cookie: referral=0; PHPSESSID=383cf1474b3387e8a55576adc03beaeb; _gat=1; _ga=GA1.2.1401497009.1417804433

reference=T-PHNHTYOGRLOANU&check=

as seen on this screenshot from console: https://i.imgur.com/ZiJzk6u.jpg
however, as I said, your ROI is hard-coded in your website source code, there's no function that retrieves ROI value and changes it based on calculation, in order to change the value you'd need to rewrite the variable in your index file
sadly I don't have registered account with you, so I can't check how the account balance works, but I'm pretty sure it gets the value from database and its not hard-coded to the file...

Kind Regards, Juraj K.

Hello!

No, you are wrong and the data you have pasted has nothing to do with loading the specific reply. The reply does not come from a separate HTTP request. It is already loaded within the index.php and we are pretty sure this reply is not hard coded.
The account balance does come from database and the ROI comes from a server side calculation. For front end user there is absolutely no difference - it's output in HTML and looks just as "hard coded".
The price per GH/s you see on the top right corner. Is that also hard coded? :) You don't see a specific HTTP request for that either.
I actually know exactly what you have mixed up. The "var roi = ..." value comes from a server side calculation. The 1.61 or 1.54 or anything else - that is output exactly the same way as our price per GH/s and other number.
Whenever you change the amount of hashrate, there will obviously be no specific HTTP requests as that would be an inefficient and resource-heavy design. Rather, it is loaded just once and multiplied by total price on button clicks or keyboard input.
To sum this up: the ROI is loaded just once and then multiplied using jQuery to prevent unnecessary HTTP requests.
Sorry, I did not realize that you were talking about ROI loading just once.

Best regards,
Adrian

their actual source code that "calculates" (just check their website source code, line 107)
Code:
													$(document).ready(function() {	
var minimum = 49;
var maximum = 20001;
var price = 0.0013;
var roi = 1.61;
var discountprice;

$("#promobutton").click(function() {
var promocode = $("#promocode").val();

$("#promoform div input").hide();
$("#promoform div").append("<i class='fa fa-spinner fa-spin'></i> Processing..");

$.post("/handler.php?action=check_promo", { code: promocode }, function(data) {
if(data == "error") {
$("#promoform").hide();
$("#promomessage").addClass("error").css("display","block").html("<i class='fa fa-warning margin-right-05em'></i>Code provided has expired or doesn't exist.").show();
} else {
$("#promoform").hide();
var result = data.split("|");
$("#promomessage").addClass("success").css("display","block").html("<i class='fa fa-check margin-right-05em'></i>"+result[1]).show();

discountprice = result[0];

var oldprice = $("#total").html;

var amount = $("#spinner").val();

$("#totalpayment").css({"font-size":"1em","text-decoration":"line-through"}).after('<span class="data" id="newpayment"><span id="total"></span> BTC</span>');

var newtotal = amount * discountprice;

$("#newpayment #total").html(round(newtotal,8));
}
});
});

function round(value,exp) {
 if (typeof exp === "undefined" || +exp === 0)
return Math.round(value);

value = +value;
 exp = +exp;

if(isNaN(value) || !(typeof exp === "number" && exp % 1 === 0))
return NaN;

value = value.toString().split("e");
 value = Math.round(+(value[0] + "e" + (value[1] ? (+value[1] + exp) : exp)));

value = value.toString().split("e");
 return +(value[0] + "e" + (value[1] ? (+value[1] - exp) : -exp));
}

$("#plus").click(function() {

var defval = parseInt($("#spinner").val());

if ($.isNumeric(defval)) {
var newval = defval+100;
var total = price * newval;
var newroi = total * roi;
if (typeof discountprice !== 'undefined') {
var discounttotal = discountprice * newval;
}
if (newval < maximum) {
$("#spinner").val(newval);
$("#total").html(round(total,8));
$("#roi").html(round(newroi,8));
$("#newpayment #total").html(round(discounttotal,8));
}
}
} else {
var newval = 50;
}

});

$("#minus").click(function() {

var defval = parseInt($("#spinner").val());

if ($.isNumeric(defval)) {
var newval = defval-100;
var total = price * newval;
var newroi = total * roi;
}
if (newval > minimum) {
$("#total").html(round(total,8));
}
}
} else {
var newval = 50;
}

});

$(".spinner").keyup(function() {
var newval = $("#spinner").val();
if ($.isNumeric(newval)) {
if (newval > maximum) {
newval = 20000;
$(".spinner").addClass("red");
} else if (newval < minimum) {
newval = 100;
$(".spinner").addClass("red");
} else {
$(".spinner").removeClass("red");
}
var newtotal = newval * price;
var newroi = newtotal * parseFloat(roi);
}
$("#total").html(round(newtotal,8));
} else {
if (newval !== "") {
$(".spinner").val(50);
}
}
});
$("#promolink").click(function() {
$("#promolink").hide();
$("#promoform").show();
});
});

so apparently I'm wrong and the ticket reply is NOT loaded via POST HTTP... I disagree, and so do my tests

HTTP request: https://i.imgur.com/tLlCZU4.jpg
HTTP response: https://i.imgur.com/XxhRTaR.jpg

here's the ticket ID: T-PHNHTYOGRLOANU

I'm not going to argue with them anymore, feel free to use the ticket ID to check the conversation or reply

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 12:47:54 PM

Ha, I have gave up trying to find a real profitable cloud mining service.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:34:10 PM

Some people said this site is scam & same owner with luna-mine

It's hard to find real cloud mining now.

Just try old legit cloud mining  Smiley

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:31:02 PM

It's not that hard. Just get your cloud hashing direct from the ASIC manufacturers.
fireneo

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:04:14 AM

I suggest looking into hashnest by bitmain.

I dont think most cloud sites out there like pbmining actually have hardware, honestly. Its why they go based on a formula etc.
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:15:49 AM

It's not that hard. Just get your cloud hashing direct from the ASIC manufacturers.

Better to stay away from AM hash.

1. Their payment is 55%-65% of the ideal amount.

2. Their partner RockMiner has stopped hardware development and a dying company, but they are selling more hashpower without adding hardware.

3. Their handshake with hashie shows how desperate they are to boost sales to keep the payment on without hardware (yes, i know they showed some hardware once upon a time).

4. They are giving bonus to people who invested more. This is very dangerous thing and indicates that they're trying to pay with customer's fund, i.e. Ponzi.
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:13:48 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 06:15:47 PM by Mabsark

Better to stay away from AM hash.

1. Their payment is 55%-65% of the ideal amount.

AMHash has maintenance costs. Miners are not magical devices powered by hopes and dreams, they require electricity to run. Electricity costs money. AMHash's fees are precisely stated and are actually a fair bit cheaper than other legitimate services. Of course, if you compare AMHash to a ponzi service that makes ridiculously unrealistic claims such as having 5 year contracts, lowest initial cot in the industry and no maintenance/electricity/hidden fees, then of course the ponzi service is going to seem like a better deal. Right up until they run away your money.
SEnergy (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:11:47 PM

okay, can you both start talking about AMHash in AMHash thread or via PM? this is about cloudminr ...
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:25:32 PM

okay, can you both start talking about AMHash in AMHash thread or via PM? this is about cloudminr ...

Cloudminr.io is a ponzi service. Most cloud mining services are and they flat-out refuse to provide any evidence of legitimacy. Anyone looking for an impartial review of cloud mining services should check out Puppet's Cloudmining 101 thread.
SEnergy (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:06:42 PM

did you read my thread at all or just thread name? ...
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:21:08 PM

Yes, I read your thread.

The title is asking whether cloudminr.io is legit or not. No, it is not legit.

Then you said:

I was looking for some cloud mining that has good price and acceptable fees, however since there is shitload of scams with this I started to read ToS and look at the source code of the website, what happened with cloudminr.io is funny and sad at the same time, make your mind:

I replied that most of them are scams and that people can get an impartial review of such services from the link I provided.

Then you provide some evidence to support your claim of them being a scam. Your evidence isn't required. Cloudminr.io refuse to provide any evidence of their legitimacy, they're quite obviously a scam.
SEnergy (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:43:40 PM

me asking if they are legit was a rhetorical question, which you should realize after reading the topic, especially after I said "make your mind" and gave evidence
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:52:38 PM

me asking if they are legit was a rhetorical question, which you should realize after reading the topic, especially after I said "make your mind" and gave evidence

Your point being?
SEnergy (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:14:52 PM

Your point being?

to give more evidence to people who are new here or don't really know much about cloud mining scams ...
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:06:22 PM

to give more evidence to people who are new here or don't really know much about cloud mining scams ...

So what are you complaining about then?
SEnergy (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:41:48 PM

So what are you complaining about then?

about you and SpanishSoldier complaining about AMHash when this thread is aimed towards cloudminr.io
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:20:19 PM

about you and SpanishSoldier complaining about AMHash when this thread is aimed towards cloudminr.io

I wasn't complaining about AMHash, I was pointing out to SpanishSoldier that legitimate services have costs and state those costs. Scam services don't state their costs and can therefore pay you whatever they feel like. They can also charge whatever they want for their service because they don't actually have any miners. That applies to cloudminer.io and the link I posted has more evidence against them.

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:22:35 PM

I feel like 'cloud mining services' is a bunch of hogwash. Elaborate cat and mouse.
monetizator4

Activity: 546
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:21:19 PM

You have to choose between real (or legit) and profitable Smiley
cloudminr.io repeats the business-scheme of hashprofit: offers 100 ghs for testing but to withdraw your earning you have to buy real ghs (from 0.05 BTC).

Travala - book hotels, flights and activities with crypto and save up to 60% Payment options BTC,USDT,ETH,AVA,Binance Pay,Crypto Pay,BNB,XRP,SOL,ADA,DOGE, etc
primedice best DICE casino with free faucet,

999dice another dice casino, play and get bonuses in BTN, Doge, LTC, ETH.

MiningSweden LEGIT cloud mining, use coupon "ms15" to get 15% discount
The-Mining $5 signup bonus, started 31-03-2015.

btc-stack2x new doubler (48-96 hrs) from well known faucet btc-stack

Зaбaнeн пoжизнeннo пo итoгaм инициaтив xandry. Haдeюcь, oн дocтoйнo зaмeнит мeня нa фopyмe.

███ ███ ███ CASINO     The MOST EXCITING Bitcoin Casino!
██ ██ ██ COINSA     Altcoins Accepted
█ ██ █ CASINO     Pyramid Plunder   Jewels n Gems [◎◎]  Roulette ( +)  Video Poker []]]]]
chiefraven

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:26:30 AM

I feel like 'cloud mining services' is a bunch of hogwash. Elaborate cat and mouse.

damn, this a face slap of reality check. thanks lol.

but what about sites like hashnest by bitmain, i think they are legit. as for pbmining and cloudminr not so sure..
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: