Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:36:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help password invalid now and works hours before fine  (Read 1333 times)
ketty9288 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:56:26 PM

i need help my password is invalid but some hours before it qworks fine so what can ido ?? i copy past it and now it did not work my first transaction today 3 hours ago work fine by copy past same paasword can i deinstall electrum and build it new witjh my seed did that help
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 02:25:51 PM

If you forgot your password that is okay. But you must have your seed with you. I hope you have that

Just go to YourComputerName > AppData > Roaming > Electrum

Cut and transfer all the files contained in that folder to another separate folder

Restart Electrum. They will prompt you to input your seed. When prompt to enter new password, just press cancel. You should have full access to your account now.

Hope that helps

ketty9288 (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:47:45 PM

i did not forgett it mate it works fine for import of keys at the moment and also works today 11.11 fine now it did not work again

Yes i have my seed write down  i am a noob can you explain it bit better what to do and if i must deleted electrum first
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 05:11:38 PM

i did not forgett it mate it works fine for import of keys at the moment and also works today 11.11 fine now it did not work again

Yes i have my seed write down  i am a noob can you explain it bit better what to do and if i must deleted electrum first

Maybe you start by telling us what exactly (!) you did. If you imported keys you can not restore them from the seed. What does "works today 11.11 fine now" mean? What did you do between "it worked" and "it did not work again"?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
ketty9288 (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:33:54 PM

yes 11am i sent btc and the password works when i try again i used same password because i copy past it every time and than it say invalid password i did not import some keys i only try if the password works or not but only there it works or not i did not know because i did not try until the end to import keys so problem is password works and 3 hours later did not work and now i like to know if i can deinstall electrum and install it new and with my seed i can load my old value without any password to use??
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 08:17:17 AM

yes 11am i sent btc and the password works when i try again i used same password because i copy past it every time and than it say invalid password i did not import some keys i only try if the password works or not but only there it works or not i did not know because i did not try until the end to import keys so problem is password works and 3 hours later did not work and

I still cant follow you.

now i like to know if i can deinstall electrum and install it new and with my seed i can load my old value without any password to use??

Yes, if you have never imported any key you can use the seed to restore your wallet. The new wallet will not be password protected.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 06:11:24 AM

yes 11am i sent btc and the password works when i try again i used same password because i copy past it every time and than it say invalid password i did not import some keys i only try if the password works or not but only there it works or not i did not know because i did not try until the end to import keys so problem is password works and 3 hours later did not work and now i like to know if i can deinstall electrum and install it new and with my seed i can load my old value without any password to use??

It shouldn't be that complicated. Whether you lost your password or not, that just doesn't matter. Just follow the instructions which i stated in my earlier post and everything should be fine. Most important is that you must have your seed

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: