Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:36:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized Security Systems using Bitcoin  (Read 919 times)
jdbtracker (OP)

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:28:22 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 07:28:26 PM by jdbtracker

Hi I had another great idea recently, unfortunately due to misfortune: A family member got their 2014 Jeep Patriot stolen and I got frustrated that there was no cameras to monitor where I live to look out for the vehicle.

So I came up with a solution that isn't going to help me, but it hopefully can help others; This is using Blockchain technology
It involves Cameras, Microphones, GPS, Object Recognition Software and Strong Privacy Control.

Bitcoin is a gateway currency to a world of value that we have never dreamed of; Once we cross that gateway we enter the web of value, unimpeded by regulations and controls.
This can be used for ether Good or Bad, but if done properly it can be a force for good.

We live in a world connecting everything to each other, why not let cameras talk to each other and know what they are looking at? Living in the worlds most Privately monitored countries, One would
expect there to be security, but like many things there is no Consensus, Co-ordination or Collaboration, what one Business knows and what people know is never truly shared.

What would happen if our security systems where connected, Monitoring our collective well being? Could we stop crime by shaming the perpetrators?

I propose we create a merge mined coin for Community Property Secuirty, an Open Security System for Humanity. 

We will connect the cameras, microphones and security systems across the globe that we currently possess in our homes, networking them under a strong privacy umbrella using smart contracts, smart property and many new innovation that have yet to be thought of. Add Facial recognition and Object recognition technology to monitor these security devices and provide incentive for people to participate by paying them
for their collaboration in joining the security network. Those that provide Processing, Cameras, Microphones, Security Systems, GPS systems, and many other yet to be thought of technology to stop crime forever.
Under a properly built system all the cameras are encrypted securely and only visible by the owner of those Security Systems, except when they notice a Stolen Vehicle or Crime in Progress. Then the owner can choose to make the information public for further analysis by real Human Beings, comparing, Vin Numbers, Vehicle identifying marks and other criteria. The systems automated recognition software would then begin scanning the video footage matching the criteria and following automatically the crime in progress, everything would need to be Mesh networked to guarantee that to take the system down you'd have to black out the whole city.
  there are multiple problems I know: How do you guarantee that the vehicle is truly owned by the right person? integrate it with the Businesses so they mark on a private blockchain who owns what to guarantee that no one can track you or your property without your say so, only the owner or kin of the victim could initiate a tracking request or the Security System Owner.
  How do you guarantee that the people who are fact checking get the right incentives? Everything has to be open so we can further evolve the system, it is the only way, the more Feed back loops we have the more we can learn and evolve.
  How do we make sure that the cameras are truly live? and not fooled? well We'll have to figure that one out later.

I am asking to have a conversation about our public security, will you consider it?

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
jdbtracker (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:23:42 PM

Well... the deeper answer I'm looking for is: Should we even try? do the cons outnumber the pros? and what is interesting about a world with Privately connected Security Systems?

The Technology is available, guaranteed. I follow the technology trends as best that I can, and I've seen what is on the horizon.

Neuromorphic chips that can scan video using only 70mV; what would take hundreds of servers it can do with one chip.

The Coins themselves are a marker of how much interest there is, working as a continuous Crowd Funding Platform for a specific cause.

and the Servers? Have you seen Hadoop lately? wow we can do this now.

Of course I say these ideas publicly because I do not have the technical knowledge to carry it out, but I do know the technology is out there.
Why not find out how much public support is out there for a project of this nature? some people do these things for free as well.
And I'm worried that in the future everything will be done by robots, so why not create a revenue stream for people supporting public security?

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4657

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:25:55 PM

- snip -
I propose we create a merge mined coin for Community Property Secuirty, an Open Security System for Humanity. 
- snip -

This clearly belongs in the altcoin sub-forum.
exoton

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:02:42 PM

I would say that this would cause people to give up a lot of privacy and has the potential to be abused by the government.
jdbtracker (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:28:34 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 08:50:54 PM by jdbtracker

We have to figure out a way to make it private...
Do we change the camera technology? do we only accept certified data from equipment with Encryption chips?

I know the Neuromorphic chips can do some of this work automatically but they are still in their infancy stage and even the data they process would have to be encrypted; It would have to be done distributedly using Hadoop clusters so that only pieces of the information are provided to any one computer and measures taken so computing servers could not piece together that information.

And tagging vehicles could be done by the owner by simply hashing their Vin numbers loading it up to a blockchain, taking a around the Vehicle video and allowing Software to create a perfect 3D image of their vehicle that when the owner pays to scan the network would begin data analysis of video to find the vehicle and reconstruct it's path along all the cameras rebuilding the 3D image and comparing it... the more customized your ride the more likely it would be found. And all the equipment would have to be Geo located to make sure our reconstruction is accurate.

It has to be done without compromising privacy... that is the problem for sure.

unless you give the government your private key they don't have access, the people must be in control at all times. For Provider and Customer.
The only way government could take control would be to provide their own cameras to be analyzed by the network, but they would be under our rules and could only look for their own property.

The whole data stream must be encrypted end to end, if their your cameras you can watch but you can't watch your neighbors without their private keys to those cameras.

I figure the cameras would need to have exact calibrated millimeter accuracy GPS co-ordinates to process the image exactly at point of contact with the ccd chip along with a encryption chip on a distributed mesh network.

I can imagine it to be a public private partnership where Camera owners always have access to their video streams, customers only... can initiate a search for their property, no one but a person can initiate a personal scan... for security in-case they need protection, they can guarantee that if they are a victim of violent crime they are monitored of their own accord. Property owners can pay to have distributed security monitoring by the network. If your house is broken into, the system automatically begins saving the last 24 hours of footage.... neuromorphic chips can do this... they can recognize people who belong where they are and who is an unkown.

The whole point is to create income for people, people who need security and people to provide security for them in a distributed manner, so our equipment becomes useful to society.

This is more than security, what if we monitored conditions in forests, oceans, jungles using quad rotor drones, generating scientific information and income for their operators...? a decentralized economy!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: