Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:32:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who got the prediction right? (bitcoin price)  (Read 3757 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:05:18 PM

...I remember some quote from warren buffet ...

I remember some Warren Buffett quotes too...

"Warren Buffett is warning investors to "stay away" from Bitcoin, calling it "a mirage," when asked about the digital currency's long-term potential.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/warren-buffett-bitcoin-is-a-mirage-2014-3#ixzz3LnJf7KkC
bitcoinbelieve (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:10:39 PM

...I remember some quote from warren buffet ...

I remember some Warren Buffett quotes too...

"Warren Buffett is warning investors to "stay away" from Bitcoin, calling it "a mirage," when asked about the digital currency's long-term potential.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/warren-buffett-bitcoin-is-a-mirage-2014-3#ixzz3LnJf7KkC

that is true but he admitted that he didn't understand the concept of bitcoin. If you don't understand in the first place, how can you invested, that is the reason why he said what he said
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:23:11 PM

He understands it well enough to tell people to stay away.

"Buffett chooses the examples of the car and aviation industries. Many people saw the revolutionary potential of these inventions, but such clairvoyance would be worthless to an investor if he chose the wrong car company. The same goes for aviation — which has notoriously been a difficult industry to profit from, despite its revolutionary effect on society.

And by this logic, Buffett is right to be skeptical of Bitcoin. Whether you hope to profit from the rise of cryptocurrencies by investing in Bitcoin itself, or companies that would profit from Bitcoin’s ascendence like the Andreessen-backed Coinbase, you’re going to need to know more than just the fact that cryptocurrencies will change the world to make money."
--Fortune
bitcoinbelieve (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:34:03 PM

"Buffett chooses the examples of the car and aviation industries. Many people saw the revolutionary potential of these inventions, but such clairvoyance would be worthless to an investor if he chose the wrong car company. The same goes for aviation — which has notoriously been a difficult industry to profit from, despite its revolutionary effect on society.

And by this logic, Buffett is right to be skeptical of Bitcoin. Whether you hope to profit from the rise of cryptocurrencies by investing in Bitcoin itself, or companies that would profit from Bitcoin’s ascendence like the Andreessen-backed Coinbase, you’re going to need to know more than just the fact that cryptocurrencies will change the world to make money."
--Fortune

I don't believe it is the same thing. The bitcoin is not just company to invest in, it goes deeper than that. It changes the fundamental of money......When I used warren buffet quote, I was referring to investing in general terms not in one particular investment, company, etc....
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:37:35 PM

I realized that there are millions of prediction threads out there but who got it RIGHT so far (in term of bitcoin price)?

I predicted that it was going to hit $800 end of Nov. and obliviously  I was wrong

Predict we will see around $200 before year end. Still 15 days before I am wrong.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:41:02 PM

--Fortune

I don't believe it is the same thing. The bitcoin is not just company to invest in, it goes deeper than that. It changes the fundamental of money......When I used warren buffet quote, I was referring to investing in general terms not in one particular investment, company, etc....

Bitcoin is one of a multitude of coins.  The "disruptive technology" is replicable (see: CloneCoin).  For free, because open source Undecided
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 06:26:03 PM

Point is this technology will be applied to other things that will work for a few years too then slowly give up to newer and better technology.
You guys can deny it all you want...

YOU'RE BASICALLY SAYING YOU'LL CONTINUE TO BUY iPhone 3's even though a new one is coming out every 6months!
You're fools!!! You deserve to lose all your money to those wall st scum bags!!!
Payexchanger

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 07:25:02 PM

If I predict accurately, who gave me a bitcoin reward it?

$372 @ December 18
$399 @ December 11
$408 @ December 15
$351 @ December 24

fail Cheesy
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 05:55:57 AM

Point is this technology will be applied to other things that will work for a few years too then slowly give up to newer and better technology.

YOU'RE BASICALLY SAYING YOU'LL CONTINUE TO BUY iPhone 3's even though a new one is coming out every 6months!
You're fools!!! You deserve to lose all your money to those wall st scum bags!!!

Everyone major knows the blockchain technology will be stolen from bitcoin & you guys can continue to trade digital nonsense on a server running in a underground basement in a town you can't pronounce
bitcoinbelieve (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:42:24 AM

--Fortune

Bitcoin is one of a multitude of coins.  The "disruptive technology" is replicable (see: CloneCoin).  For free, because open source Undecided

Bitcoin isn't just number or coin, it changes how we spend money more preferably transfer money (with nearly zero fees)
bitcoinbelieve (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:43:52 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 07:07:43 AM by bitcoinbelieve

Why would you care if we loose money in the first place?Huh It is not like it affect you.
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 07:45:21 AM

Why would you care if we loose money in the first place?Huh It is not like it affect you.

I am making a killing off you guys buying expensive coins just to end up dumping them after another big drop! I love it, please continue, buy buy buy  Cheesy

--Fortune

Bitcoin is one of a multitude of coins.  The "disruptive technology" is replicable (see: CloneCoin).  For free, because open source Undecided

Bitcoin isn't just number or coin, it changes how we spend money more preferably transfer money (with nearly zero fees)

Yea bro awesome, I send a micro transfer and I wait over an hour for 2 confirmations lmfaooo Fuck it, let's let this centralized currency be run my mining farms and pools just destroying bitcoin!!! This experiment might have actually worked if they didn't come out with ASICs... Bitcoin & the alts just all turned into scams instead of being a napster type system where we can all exchange whatever we want without third parties raping us!

Something great will be created from all of this, I promise you, unfortunately bitcoin is not the solution but rather the stepping stone
bitcoinbelieve (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:15:09 AM

I am making a killing off you guys buying expensive coins just to end up dumping them after another big drop! I love it, please continue, buy buy buy  Cheesy

--Fortune

Bitcoin is one of a multitude of coins.  The "disruptive technology" is replicable (see: CloneCoin).  For free, because open source Undecided

Yea bro awesome, I send a micro transfer and I wait over an hour for 2 confirmations lmfaooo Fuck it, let's let this centralized currency be run my mining farms and pools just destroying bitcoin!!! This experiment might have actually worked if they didn't come out with ASICs... Bitcoin & the alts just all turned into scams instead of being a napster type system where we can all exchange whatever we want without third parties raping us!

Something great will be created from all of this, I promise you, unfortunately bitcoin is not the solution but rather the stepping stone

hmmmmmm......strange fellow
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:36:51 AM

the one that predicted the fall from 1k to the current price or around that, he was right, there is a huge thread about this

His name was fallllling. Like Jesus, he was strung up by the authorities for preaching the Truth.

no not him, i'm talking about the guy, that predicted it right, with analysis and all

his nick started with g
ravenjt

Activity: 215

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:41:37 AM

no not him, i'm talking about the guy, that predicted it right, with analysis and all

his nick started with g

God?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: