Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:51:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Bitcoins on eBay analysis  (Read 8073 times)
bitsource

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 10:11:36 PM

Once you get a chargeback from Paypal payments, you have lost the case. Paypal sides with buyers, specially if you are selling a "service" or via electronic delivery. Also - re e-Bay, my chargebacks have been more from fraudulent creditcards than payment from current paypal accounts. So, my question is - how can you avoid (or know) if your paypal payment is via credit card or not. I will not use Paypal or e-Bay for BTC trades, too much hassle and to hoigh risk - no matter how much you try to secure the transaction.

32DgAoQRMAkqbaYhShLWQnFt4LWJhWe3Ba
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:27:39 AM

Why not sell something that's cheap that has a bitcoin address on it? If you sell something like a blank CD with a bitcoin address as its front logo design it will cost you a buck maybe but you're still making $10-$15 over its value profit anyway.
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 04:52:40 AM

Most of you guys are missing the entire point of selling coins on ebay with pp.

Of course you will get chargebacks. Duh. It is about cashing out quickly. Period.

You have to make a decision before you begin to sell coins on ebay.

Ask yourself: How valuable are my ebay and pp accounts? Am I making money with them? Will I be using them in the future?

If your answers are no, fuck it. Go make a few thousands dollars, cash out and take your account limitations like a man.
constitution

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 12:46:15 AM

Why sell so much over the price? 40% is ridiculous you can probably make much more sales if you sell say 10% over price.
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 01:30:47 AM

Why sell so much over the price? 40% is ridiculous you can probably make much more sales if you sell say 10% over price.

But why sell for 10% over when your customers (I use that term loosely when referring to ebay bitcoin buyers) are willing to pay 40%-50% over?

Personally I have hit my selling limit of $5000 in 2 days before. The scammers will buy regardless of price.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2013, 01:49:44 AM

It's great if you have an unlimited ability to create new identities, get a PayPal debit card and eBay account for each one, go to an ATM and withdraw what you make from the eBay sales before the scammers can charge back their own personal funds that they did not obtain via criminal methods, and when they do, you just burn the ID and move on. Of course, that's probably 10 felonies to operate each separate identity just so you don't get scammed selling BTC via eBay/PayPal.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 09:43:15 AM

Using pp debit cards is too sticky. You're getting into a sensitive area there because pp requires ssn to get debit cards. I'm not screwing with any ssn but my own. Of course, if it is your account, go for it. But if it is a burner account you have to get creative on how to cash out.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 01:58:17 AM

I sell bitcoins on ebay for pay pal with near instant delivery. I have developed a method for selling that I believe works to catch and weed out scammers. It has been over 60 days on lots of my paypal transactions and haven't had significant charge backs. I am currently out of coins and dont have any active listings but you can see my feedback and completed listing on ebay my user name is northoutboards. Let me know your thoughts or suggestions. To me it is just about finding a way to sell with pay pal that works for everyone. With very limited risk.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: