Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:21:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BYC] Bytecent - new rules introduced to cryptocoin world  (Read 3036 times)
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:56:32 PM

IE lied about me, lied about my work, and lied about donations.
Those are all facts.

I guess it's your right to think I'm racist based only upon empty assumptions.
Although that reminds me of something you wrote a few hours ago:
So no, don't presume to know other people's motivations because you will err more often than not.

lol.

If he lied about you or your work, it's between you too and quite impossible to prove either way. Nothing to do with Bytecent or scams, so your over reaction is far from justified other than in terms of racism, but since I cannot be sure about it, I will just leave as my opinion, fair enough? "Lying about donations" is simply a fallacy for he -as far as anyone knows- did with the donations what he could (or he feels the only thing he could do, since returning them was impossible). That's not lying. Not at all. KI -again- fully disapprove of the rout he took and it would have been much more acceptable if he would have return the money to the Foundation of BC but it did not exist at the time so he was in no-mans land, so ... again, not ideal but no scam whatsoever.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:58:18 PM

I am a bytecent investor. I am not ie or a sock puppet. I had trouble connecting to the wallet the first 2 days and was  mildly pissed that difficulty was so low during that period, but that aside I have no issues with how IE has launched and is developing the coin. I honestly believe a few people whos ips were banned from mining were trying to cheat the system. Maybe some innocent miners have been affected as well but how else could fairness be restored. I am not sure if there is a super miner as there is supposed to be a Pps cap. Remember this is just a beta phase before public release outside these forums. I say we just need to see what the public release brings and do our part to tell our friends that this coin is different. Anyone can mine it with a laptop. It's fast and easy to install. The dev is working it full time and running it as a for profit project.

Which is what separates BYC from ALL the others: It's run for profit and with professionalism by someone who understand promotion and business in general, as oppose of geek coders with no experience in life whatsoever or geek coders associated with unsavoury characters. Hence the success.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:12:01 PM

I was mad at IE long before his publicly available, and quite frankly ugly, face got posted on here and he alternated between "I'm a big guy I don't care if you posted my picture you're all loser permavirgins" and "oh no you are all racist I'm a family man please stop threatening my family!" I think that should further serve to prove my point that his melanin level has nothing to do with my disgust for slimy people.

Much like him, you turn on a dime with regards to his actions. Much like him, you hang onto "muh racism" as an excuse for his unacceptable behavior. It makes one think.

If only it were true, that people like you think... but, like I said, it doesn't matter. I turn when turn is granted. And the mess of the launch warranted a sharp turn under any common sensical point of view... just like a turn back, now, with the behavior of the coin fully demonstrated even on not yet settled circumstances, I feel is fair and fully warranted. But this is just me and my opinion, no one has to follow them and thinking for yourself is precisely what I encourage.

I only debate you because you post irrational things that are completely irrelevant to BYC, but you are more than welcome to think as much as you want about anything you want.
Bojcha

Activity: 848
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:26:45 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 02:17:39 AM by Bojcha

I will try to concetrate to 1 problem described in OP.

I honestly believe a few people whos ips were banned from mining were trying to cheat the system.
What proof you or anyone else have for that?
Maybe some innocent miners have been affected as well but how else could fairness be restored.
What fairness is restored? Facts, please.

It seems my references are funny to you. Can you explain?

As always (and everywhere) i only have facts. And no one never disapprove me.
Read again just my previous post, and check, do i imagine things, or do i lie about something? I am reading your post, reading all other cheerleader's posts on that forum, i see many things but not straight answers and facts!

Did i deserve this? Ofcouse not. May i understand his act as personal revenge? Ofcoure yes. If he has a problems to belive to someone that is his problem, not mine. I cant help to someone that does not want help. I would think twice about everything on your and his place in the future.

And btw. TIP: Talking about this topic here, on that forum there.. IE will not like it! You should know that better.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:00:36 AM

I honestly believe a few people whos ips were banned from mining were trying to cheat the system.
Maybe some innocent miners have been affected as well but how else could fairness be restored.

Read again just my previous post, and check, do i imagine things, or do i lie about something? I am reading your post, reading all other cheerleader's posts on that forum, i see many things but not straight answers and facts!

Did i deserve this? Ofcouse not. May i understand his act as personal revenge? Ofcoure yes. If he has a problems to belive to someone that is his problem, not mine. I cant help to someone that does not want help. I would think twice about everything on your and his place in the future.

And btw. TIP: Talking about this topic here, on that forum there.. IE will not like it! You should know that better.

To the best of my limited knowledge on the matter, I have tried to give you the best, most honest answers I can. It doesn't seem to be enough, so be it.

As for the bolded paragraph, make a note of this: I couldn't possibly give less of a fuck whether IE likes something I do or write or not.
Bojcha

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:14:00 AM

To the best of my limited knowledge on the matter, I have tried to give you the best, most honest answers I can. It doesn't seem to be enough, so be it.

As for the bolded paragraph, make a note of this: I couldn't possibly give less of a fuck whether IE likes something I do or write or not.
Hold on... I didn't talking to you. lol. I agree with your answer i didn't said nothing about that, well i said now.
goblynn

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:07:41 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 07:24:00 PM by goblynn

I have been following bytecent for some time and have had mixed feelings about the whole thing, basically because of IE's past and the idea that its a closed source system. But, I have noticed that when somebody finds definitive proof of somebody gaming the system, aka "super miner", and they post it to the forum, they get attacked as being a Fudder and largely ignored by IE, with some people being banned while trying to inform people of whats happening on the network.

IE has claimed that he has put a primes-per-second limiter in the miner, but if you watch the blockchain you can see that somebody is still mining tons of the coins, which shouldn't be possible. With some addresses getting blocks every hour(and yes all mined as shown by the block explorer). I have seen posts by people that have found this factual data by digging around in the blockchain and I have reviewed this data and would have to agree with them. The Blockchain doesn't lie.

We have also seen blocks being accepted by the network that are over 30 minutes old and can be viewed in the debug console and the block explorer. There will be a block every minute or so and then you see one come in that is 46 minutes old, how can that be?

Plus, the idea that a developer has the ability to ban certain IP's from mining/connecting to the network, I find very disturbing. What happens if these tools IE has get stolen or hacked? What happens if he is having a bad day and decides to ban somebody that has reported a problem that affects the price? Can he stop somebody from sending their coins to the exchange?

The point is, cryptocurrencies are free and open to use by anyone, that is the basic idea for their creation. Anyone on the planet can use them. But, IE has cut some people off, possibly unjustly, and still hasn't fixed the problem of the "super miner."

While I LOVE the idea of no-pool mining and POM and HOPE and WISH this coin can get passed these early growing pains. I am afraid for it because of IE and the way he deals with people. How can a cryptocurrency gain a user base if those people are afraid they won't be able to use their coins if they speak out about a problem they find? And I worry about these coins the "super miner" has mined over the past weeks, they are obviously throwing a lot of computing power at the network and someday they may need to pay the electric bill. Could the market withstand a 10k sell off? Only time will tell.

EDIT: One other thing that has bothered me is that we have been told over and over again that the Linux and Mac wallets are going to be released "tomorrow." I have seen IE say that multiple times and yet we still don't have them. Why promise something so many times and not deliver it? It has been weeks since he said he was going to release them and still nothing, except more promises of "tomorrow"

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread | Slack
Yanakitu Tenatako (OP)

Activity: 328

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:33:21 AM

@goblyyn

Oh man, you HIT the point of this topic!
Thank you for your post.

BitFinex, best trading platform ever.
Register here: https://www.bitfinex.com/?refcode=53wNhi4gTx
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 06:34:46 PM

I have been following bytecent for some time and have had mixed feelings about the whole thing, basically because of IE's past and the idea that its a closed source system. But, I have noticed that when somebody finds definitive proof of somebody gaming the system, aka "super miner", and they post it to the forum, they get attacked as being a Fudder and largely ignored by IE, with some people being banned while trying to inform people of whats happening on the network.

IE has claimed that he has put a primes-per-second limiter in the miner, but if you watch the blockchain you can see that somebody is still mining tons of the coins, which shouldn't be possible. With some addresses getting blocks every hour(and yes all mined as shown by the block explorer). I have seen posts by people that have found this factual data by digging around in the blockchain and I have reviewed this data and would have to agree with them. The Blockchain doesn't lie.

We have also seen blocks being accepted by the network that are over 30 minutes old and can be viewed in the debug console and the block explorer. There will be a block every minute or so and then you see one come in that is 46 minutes old, how can that be?

Plus, the idea that a developer has the ability to ban certain IP's from mining/connecting to the network, I find very disturbing. What happens if these tools IE has get stolen or hacked? What happens if he is having a bad day and decides to ban somebody that has reported a problem that affects the price? Can he stop somebody from sending their coins to the exchange?

The point is, cryptocurrencies are free and open to use by anyone, that is the basic idea for their creation. Anyone on the planet can use them. But, IE has cut some people off, possibly unjustly, and still hasn't fixed the problem of the "super miner."

While I LOVE the idea of no-pool mining and POM and HOPE and WISH this coin can get passed these early growing pains. I am afraid for it because of IE and the way he deals with people. How can a cryptocurrency gain a user base if those people are afraid they won't be able to use their coins if they speak out about a problem they find? And I worry about these coins the "super miner" has mined over the past weeks, they are obviously throwing a lot of computing power at the network and someday they may need to pay the electric bill. Could the market withstand a 10k sell off? Only time will tell.

EDIT: One other thing that has bothered me is that we have been told over and over again that the Linux and Mac wallets are going to be released "tomorrow." I have seen IE say that multiple times and yet we still don't have them. Why promise something so many times and not deliver it? It has been weeks since he said he was going to release them and still nothing, except more promises of "tomorrow"

You raise a bunch of excellent questions that, unfortunately, I have no answers for because I just don't follow this closely since I don't visit CoinBlab.

I have received numerous complaints regarding PoM in recent days (since I opened this thread). Apparently, for many, it is simply not working. They cannot get any coins even when they are mining for 48 hours practically straight, which seems fishy at best and a clear indication the mining issue is far from solved.

You also seem to imply that the "super miner" could be, in fact, IE or one close associate, which is also quite possible, to be frank.

Let me make one thing very clear so there's no room for doubts: Investing in BYC means absolute faith in IE and that he will decide not to be greedy. AT HIS OWN WILL, no strings attached. He doesn't have a reputation to protect, true, but also if he were to scam people with BYC, he would be done in crypto for good, so he has a lot to lose if he doesn't play it straight. That, by no means implies that he will play it straight. As a matter of fact, as I have pointed out repeatedly, there are reiterated and irrefutable traces of very dangerous behavior, so be advised and act accordingly.

The ONLY two reasons why I am back invested in BYC and supporting it are a) the price behavior IN SPITE of the obvious flaws and after a hugely messy launch. As stated above, some of those worrysome flaws, remain far from solved. Ans b) I do believe IE has the business wherewithal to make money with this coin. He is not some smuck, jerkoff geek who launches a coin and suddenly finds himself with access to more money than he ever dreamed of. He also knows how to promote and how to monetize software. I know better than most his personal flaws that have prevented him from any success in crypto so far, but I want to believe that this time he will not be tested beyond what he has been already... If he were, the results, I have no doubt, would be equally disastrous, so I am counting on some smooth sailing in the near future. That said, as everyone knows, I am a trader, not an investor in crypto and I will try to exit BYC for a substantial profit as often as I can since, even with the behavior of the coin's price so far and the dedication and apparent interest of IE in solving the issues, I still find trusting IE's personality on the long term is as safe as sitting on a barrel of gunpowder.

With archers throwing lighted arrows at it...
Yanakitu Tenatako (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 05:42:40 PM

New great idea from IE Smiley

Bytecent Private Forum
IconicExpert

344 posts

December 14, 2014 12:36 PM EST
The Bytecent private forum is setup and it cannot be seen by just any member. Once you guys determine who will have access, their usernames will be given access.

alamazean

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 09:00:30 AM

I know you're being sarcastic, but it actually is a good thing. It was the community's idea, not IE's. We wanted to vote for a group of around 10 people to be community leaders and we wanted a place for them to be able to discuss plans for promoting Bytecent together. That is the reason for a private forum. I know I won't be voted to be a part of the team, but that does not make me believe anything untoward is going on. I think people have heard something bad about IE in the past, most people probably don't even know what, but they love to knock people down even when they are trying to do something positive.
Yanakitu Tenatako (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 10:02:31 AM

I know you're being sarcastic, but it actually is a good thing. It was the community's idea, not IE's. We wanted to vote for a group of around 10 people to be community leaders and we wanted a place for them to be able to discuss plans for promoting Bytecent together. That is the reason for a private forum. I know I won't be voted to be a part of the team, but that does not make me believe anything untoward is going on. I think people have heard something bad about IE in the past, most people probably don't even know what, but they love to knock people down even when they are trying to do something positive.

I am not judging him for his past.
Look at the facts. Look at the present. Look at the future.

Selecting range of IP addresses that can mine is positive? Maybe. But doing it without explanation and even announcement is rude.
Ignoring answers is rude. Crying for someone that "wants to knock him down" is not positive.

Here are some facts:

He banned complete range of IP without announcement or even explanation. Never confirmed in public from him.
Ignored a lot of miners with BYC coins from banned IP range.
Too late with wallet that is stopping "superminer" from taking over great number of coins. Btw, "superminer" IP is not in banned range.
Letting "superminer" to do his job, and delaying wallet that can stop him, publishing wallet (v1.1) that does nothing really different from old compromised wallet.
Not putting even single one evidence of anyone from banned IP range of being cheater.

In favor of BYC, idea os not bad. Just realization is horrible.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 10:36:27 PM

Question: Is any IP banned on CoinBlab actually staking?

I have caught a hint that IE may be blocking every IP that has been banned on CoinBlab. I doubt it but getting corroboration would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Bojcha

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:58:58 PM

I have caught a hint that IE may be blocking every IP that has been banned on CoinBlab. I doubt it but getting corroboration would be great.

Thanks in advance.
No, to be honest we are calling it "ban" but it's "restriction". He just got all IP ranges from country register and put restriction to it.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 12:58:51 AM

Thanks in advance.
No, to be honest we are calling it "ban" but it's "restriction". He just got all IP ranges from country register and put restriction to it.

Well, I have had tips from people that had been mining for 4-5 days straight and they haven't minted one single coin. A minimum of one per day, probably more, should be expected, with a regular laptop, right?
alamazean

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:42:32 AM

I have gone as long as 3 days without a coin, but then next day might get 3. Just luck now I think.
Bojcha

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:14:16 AM

Thanks in advance.

Well, I have had tips from people that had been mining for 4-5 days straight and they haven't minted one single coin. A minimum of one per day, probably more, should be expected, with a regular laptop, right?
That is other type of problem. more or less it's luck. My i7 mined 3, 1, 7, 0, 2.. in 5 days. So much random.
I dont know that even at this diff there is any point to mine with laptops. Also what will happen at diff 9(?) or 12.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: