Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:06:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Spend Bitcoins - Spend Bitcoins (worldwide) | Buy Bitcoins (Australia)  (Read 61047 times)
Coolhwip

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 11:06:42 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2011, 12:27:42 PM by Coolhwip

Fantastic. Nice to see you guys back.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Reron

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 10:31:15 PM

Hey Jeremy

I just set a manual order for an amazon canada order and I'm supposed to pay 1.792 BTC to an address but the email you sent me doesn't include a bitcoin addreses to send to.
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 11:19:56 PM

Hey Jeremy

I just set a manual order for an amazon canada order and I'm supposed to pay 1.792 BTC to an address but the email you sent me doesn't include a bitcoin addreses to send to.

Smiley Sorry, copy/paste error. Resent.

jjhall

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 02:02:50 PM

Had my gift code within hours of sending the BTC, couldn't ask for more when it isn't an automated system.  Thanks for the great service, I'll definitely be using it again.

Jeremy H. (not the same Jeremy that runs this)  Smiley
herbertfilby

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 05:11:57 PM

Put an order through and got coupon code within a few hours. Once again, excellent service. A+  Grin
ZombieDeity

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 01:54:04 PM

Here's my issue:  I would like to order more of the things I buy day-to-day through your service with Amazon.  That way, the bitcoins I generate never have to get converted to money that touches my bank accounts.  I think you can understand why that's attractive. Wink  Anyway, I currently buy a good amount of stuff from Amazon already, so I have a Prime account.  If I use your affiliate link, can I still get the free shipping through my Prime account?

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 08:24:48 PM

Here's my issue:  I would like to order more of the things I buy day-to-day through your service with Amazon.  That way, the bitcoins I generate never have to get converted to money that touches my bank accounts.  I think you can understand why that's attractive. Wink  Anyway, I currently buy a good amount of stuff from Amazon already, so I have a Prime account.  If I use your affiliate link, can I still get the free shipping through my Prime account?

Yes. Everything is the same on Amazon for you. Just that by using my affiliate link Amazon knows I sent them the business and gives me a percentage.

Hollie

This account was a fraudulent account.

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 12:48:14 AM

Put an order through this morning and still waiting for my coupon code..

This account was a fraudulent account created by a girl in Melbourne, Australia. There is no point messaging this account, continue with reversing all paypal transactions.

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 01:40:34 AM

Put an order through this morning and still waiting for my coupon code..

Hi there,

I am so sorry for your wait. It can take up to 12 hours to receive your gift code from Amazon. If it has been more than 12 hours, please send an email to jeremy@spendbitcoins.com with your order details so I can look into this for you.

Highest Regards,
Jeremy

ZombieDeity

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 01:39:50 AM

Yes. Everything is the same on Amazon for you. Just that by using my affiliate link Amazon knows I sent them the business and gives me a percentage.

What about if I don't have the Bitcoins to fund the entire order.  Can I pay for part of the order with whatever denomination of gift card my Bitcoins bring and pay for the other part with a credit card or something?  For example, if I want to buy a couch for like $1200, but I only have a few hundred in BTC, can I pay the rest to Amazon with a credit card as I normally would?  Sorry for all the annoying questions.  I just want to totally understand this service before I start pipelining all my Bitcoins through it.  Smiley
Hollie

This account was a fraudulent account.

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 01:33:30 AM

What about if I don't have the Bitcoins to fund the entire order.  Can I pay for part of the order with whatever denomination of gift card my Bitcoins bring and pay for the other part with a credit card or something?  For example, if I want to buy a couch for like $1200, but I only have a few hundred in BTC, can I pay the rest to Amazon with a credit card as I normally would?  Sorry for all the annoying questions.  I just want to totally understand this service before I start pipelining all my Bitcoins through it.  Smiley

Yes that would work, since you're getting gift cards from Amazon.

You can use them to fund parts of your order amd pay the rest with the other means of payment.

This account was a fraudulent account created by a girl in Melbourne, Australia. There is no point messaging this account, continue with reversing all paypal transactions.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 04:12:56 AM

Yes that would work, since you're getting gift cards from Amazon.

You can use them to fund parts of your order amd pay the rest with the other means of payment.

What Ninja said. Smiley

fitty

Activity: 728

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 05:38:57 AM

Do these Amazon gift codes ever expire?

Nope.

When you get the giftcard, apply it to your account. Then it's used and you have the money to apply at any time going forward on purchases.

If you haven't applied it, it can be revoked by Amazon. Lets say Jeremy freaks out and issues a chargeback. Amazon would revoke the GC. Lets say Amazon tries to shut down Jeremy, they might return his money and revoke the GCs. If someone gets into your e-mail they could use the code before you do. Don't ever let it sit there for months, you can apply and it won't expire.

While Jeremy seems very trustworthy, Amazon is who I wouldn't trust. I'd always apply the GC right away then you don't have to worry.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2011, 09:18:09 AM

Nope.

When you get the giftcard, apply it to your account. Then it's used and you have the money to apply at any time going forward on purchases.

If you haven't applied it, it can be revoked by Amazon. Lets say Jeremy freaks out and issues a chargeback. Amazon would revoke the GC. Lets say Amazon tries to shut down Jeremy, they might return his money and revoke the GCs. If someone gets into your e-mail they could use the code before you do. Don't ever let it sit there for months, you can apply and it won't expire.

While Jeremy seems very trustworthy, Amazon is who I wouldn't trust. I'd always apply the GC right away then you don't have to worry.

Great advice. And always remember to re-enter amazon through http://am.spendbitcoins.com so we get credit when you actually add your items to your cart and checkout. Thanks!

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2011, 11:33:17 PM

what country are you in?

Australia, why do you ask?

sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 07:00:41 AM

Nope.

Just got a gift code from Jeremy. Very timely and great service. Applied the code to the account.

sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 07:18:31 AM

ZombieDeity, that is a very interesting privacy issue you raise .... perhaps you should start reading How To Vanish to see some interesting ways to apply privacy principles. Breaking the audit or lineage trail is a great privacy principle to apply in your life. But in your case you may be leaving out an essential piece by having various gift codes come into your Prime account which is in your name.

For example, if you do not want any money to touch your bank account someone could still see approximately how much you make from bitcoin mining, consultating that is paid via bitcoin, etc. Some nefarious people will look at your 'lifestyle' when determining whether to kidnap, litigate, etc. To see your lifestyle not only might they compromise one's bank account, with a rogue bank employee, via pretexting, or many other ways but they might also look at how much you spend if you shop in several different places by looking at credit card receipts, your credit profile, or accounts you may have with various businesses such as Amazon.

One way to keep your assets hidden in plain sight is to use a pseudonym or pen name. For example, you can use any name you want so long as you are not intending to defraud, commit a crime, etc. If an Amazon account is in a pseudonym's name then if someone where to attempt to perform a 'lifestyle audit' to determine whether you are worth kidnapping or suing and they were to attempt to figure out how much you spend on Amazon then their search would likely turn up empty because the account would not be in your name but instead in a pseudonym's name. This could be coupled with sending any products to a ghost address instead of your home although if you send to your home from the pseudonym's account then you may want to mark it as a gift.

ZombieDeity

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:55:37 PM

ZombieDeity, that is a very interesting privacy issue you raise .... perhaps you should start reading How To Vanish to see some interesting ways to apply privacy principles. Breaking the audit or lineage trail is a great privacy principle to apply in your life. But in your case you may be leaving out an essential piece by having various gift codes come into your Prime account which is in your name.

For example, if you do not want any money to touch your bank account someone could still see approximately how much you make from bitcoin mining, consultating that is paid via bitcoin, etc. Some nefarious people will look at your 'lifestyle' when determining whether to kidnap, litigate, etc. To see your lifestyle not only might they compromise one's bank account, with a rogue bank employee, via pretexting, or many other ways but they might also look at how much you spend if you shop in several different places by looking at credit card receipts, your credit profile, or accounts you may have with various businesses such as Amazon.

One way to keep your assets hidden in plain sight is to use a pseudonym or pen name. For example, you can use any name you want so long as you are not intending to defraud, commit a crime, etc. If an Amazon account is in a pseudonym's name then if someone where to attempt to perform a 'lifestyle audit' to determine whether you are worth kidnapping or suing and they were to attempt to figure out how much you spend on Amazon then their search would likely turn up empty because the account would not be in your name but instead in a pseudonym's name. This could be coupled with sending any products to a ghost address instead of your home although if you send to your home from the pseudonym's account then you may want to mark it as a gift.

I'm fairly certain the IRS isn't clever enough to go looking into my Amazon gift cards.  They're my only real concern.  Thanks for the info though.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 11:59:48 AM

Just got a gift code from Jeremy. Very timely and great service. Applied the code to the account.

Thanks for the feedback. Hope you enjoy y our purchase.

gellimac

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 12:01:54 PM

could you add french site such as http://www.rueducommerce.fr or http://materiel.net ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: