Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:12:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What will you do if bitcoin price fall down to $100 ?
Sell all your bitcoin - 7 (3%)
Buy a lot amount of bitcoin - 145 (63%)
Commit suicide - 14 (6.1%)
Give all your bitcoin to other people - 1 (0.4%)
Drink some beer - 30 (13%)
Rob someone to cover your loss - 6 (2.6%)
Left Bitcoin & Starting other Business - 8 (3.5%)
Hold your bitcoin - 13 (5.7%)
Check yourself if you are dreaming - 6 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 230

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will you do if bitcoin price fall down to $100 ?  (Read 8459 times)
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 04:57:25 PM

I think polls like this are flawed. Every bitcoin fan thinks they would buy buy buy if the price gets to 100. And perhaps if it is manipulated in some fashion it could. But sentiment would be absolutely at rock bottom and most people would be too afraid to act.

Now it is far more likely that we retest a low 3xx number, that is when most people will buy, and the reason why I think we will never get anywhere near 100 Smiley
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 05:38:15 PM

I think polls like this are flawed. Every bitcoin fan thinks they would buy buy buy if the price gets to 100. And perhaps if it is manipulated in some fashion it could. But sentiment would be absolutely at rock bottom and most people would be too afraid to act.

Now it is far more likely that we retest a low 3xx number, that is when most people will buy, and the reason why I think we will never get anywhere near 100 Smiley

Not me, I've been schooled the hard way. I sat and watched Bitcoin hover at $2 for a long time and never pulled the trigger at buying but I did keep mining (thank God). Looking back I wish I had just invested $5k and I won't make that mistake again. I'll buy with everything I've got if it ever drops below $100 again.

pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:26:11 AM

Not me, I've been schooled the hard way. I sat and watched Bitcoin hover at $2 for a long time and never pulled the trigger at buying but I did keep mining (thank God). Looking back I wish I had just invested $5k and I won't make that mistake again. I'll buy with everything I've got if it ever drops below $100 again.

Thats what you call Gamblers fallacy Smiley It would still be hard to predict where it would be next.

No matter where it goes, I don't think $100 is a long term stable level.
$100 would be the time to buy.
okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:33:42 AM

Thats what you call Gamblers fallacy Smiley It would still be hard to predict where it would be next.

No matter where it goes, I don't think $100 is a long term stable level.
$100 would be the time to buy.

Yep, at least the first time it hit 100 it would surely rebound.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:39:50 AM

BTC @ 100 USD? WTF!

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:10:52 PM

I would watch a movie.
malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 08:02:37 PM

That may or may not be a good idea. The price of bitcoin has increased tremendously over the past several years, but there is no guarantee that will continue.

I would not say that you "got schooled" just because you did not buy thousands of bitcoin when the price was low. You were still able to mine when the difficulty was very low and likely earned some amount of bitcoin that made you a decent amount of money.

Plus you have promised that you will never do business with this account Wink

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:18:12 PM

That may or may not be a good idea. The price of bitcoin has increased tremendously over the past several years, but there is no guarantee that will continue.

I would not say that you "got schooled" just because you did not buy thousands of bitcoin when the price was low. You were still able to mine when the difficulty was very low and likely earned some amount of bitcoin that made you a decent amount of money.

Oh, I wouldn't buy them on here. That's what Localbitcoins is for. As a long term hold, I don't see how btc can't keep increasing in price. Everything else from bread to real estate increases in price over time. Bitcoin isn't going anywhere. If I'm not the benefactor of a drastic increase in price my kids will be.

kutaka

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:23:38 PM

I have some money prepared for case it falls down to 200$, I have some prepared for 100$. Without going crazy, though.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 12:16:44 AM

BTC @ 100 USD? WTF!

This. I hope it goes to 1, so I can buy 1 million  Grin
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:17:26 AM

there's only one thing to do: SUICIDE

I bet my whole life on bitcoin.

If it crashes, I am already dead.

He bet his whole life which is why he stole 80k worth of bitcoins.
malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:38:01 AM

Oh, I wouldn't buy them on here. That's what Localbitcoins is for. As a long term hold, I don't see how btc can't keep increasing in price. Everything else from bread to real estate increases in price over time. Bitcoin isn't going anywhere. If I'm not the benefactor of a drastic increase in price my kids will be.
The you can't buy them on here comment was kind of a joke.

I think on a NPV measurement, bitcoin is a good buy at sub 100 (or at 350) however it is not a guarantee that bitcoin will succeed over the long term. A major threat to bitcoin is that some competing altcoin overtakes bitcoin in terms of usage/value/adoption - if this does happen it would likely be because someone comes up with some new algo like PoS (except not a piece of shit, and actually better then PoW).

Another thing that bitcoin depends on is the continued advancement and continued development of technology, especially in the developing world. As it stands now it would not be technologically feasible to use bitcoin on a large scale in most 3rd world countries as it would be too easy to launch double spend and MITM attacks against people receiving bitcoin

fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 05:50:03 AM

You guys lost credibility calling bitcoin a good buy at 900... You took another chance calling the bottom at 850,800,700,600,500,400....... Now it is just annoying and ridiculous
Markos

Activity: 108

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 05:54:26 AM

I'll be waiting for cheaper bitcoins and really low cost per transaction Grin
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:10:27 AM

The you can't buy them on here comment was kind of a joke.

I think on a NPV measurement, bitcoin is a good buy at sub 100 (or at 350) however it is not a guarantee that bitcoin will succeed over the long term. A major threat to bitcoin is that some competing altcoin overtakes bitcoin in terms of usage/value/adoption - if this does happen it would likely be because someone comes up with some new algo like PoS (except not a piece of shit, and actually better then PoW).

Another thing that bitcoin depends on is the continued advancement and continued development of technology, especially in the developing world. As it stands now it would not be technologically feasible to use bitcoin on a large scale in most 3rd world countries as it would be too easy to launch double spend and MITM attacks against people receiving bitcoin

I'm betting that the economy around Bitcoin is too large for a takeover by an alt but that is just a bet.

kutaka

Activity: 97

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:21:48 PM

You guys lost credibility calling bitcoin a good buy at 900... You took another chance calling the bottom at 850,800,700,600,500,400....... Now it is just annoying and ridiculous

You guys lost credibility calling bitcoin a good buy at 900... You took another chance calling the bottom at 850,800,700,600,500,400....... Now it is just annoying and ridiculous!
x2
Lmao troll forgot to switch accounts and replied to himself!:DDD
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:37:34 PM

How much cheaper? $350 is good enough for me.  Smiley
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:03:23 PM

I hope it goes sub 100 so I can sell my house my car and my laptop to buy a lot more Smiley
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:34:37 PM

I hope it goes sub 100 so I can sell my house my car and my laptop to buy a lot more Smiley

Btc will be never sub 100.
I sold my house when it was @1000 usd, I estimate ROI in 2016.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 01:36:40 AM

Btc will be never sub 100.
I sold my house when it was @1000 usd, I estimate ROI in 2016.

HAHAHHAHAHAHA GOOD LUCK TO YOU!  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: