Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:08:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHat's the easiest safest way to buy bitcoins?  (Read 2595 times)
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 09:33:22 PM

Circle with cc or debit card, works really well for me.. max buyout per week is 500$ USD ..
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 09:45:50 AM

Circle with cc or debit card, works really well for me.. max buyout per week is 500$ USD ..

Agreed. Circle is the fastest way to get Bitcoin by a long shot. I got in early through invite and it took less than 5 minutes to set up my account with my Visa. Money upload is instantaneous and your Dollars get converted automatically to BTC at market rate. Can't beat that  Smiley
sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 08:01:36 PM

Agreed. Circle is the fastest way to get Bitcoin by a long shot. I got in early through invite and it took less than 5 minutes to set up my account with my Visa. Money upload is instantaneous and your Dollars get converted automatically to BTC at market rate. Can't beat that  Smiley

=D Couldn't agree more! The only issue I had as a Canadian is not being able to withdraw.  But honestly, I don't mind, there i plenty of Canadian exchanges that work quick to swap back. Circle is super fast and awesome thus far for my purchases.
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:53:06 AM

circle is still a very new company. Although they are backed by VC (and have a reason to operate in a trustworthy manner) they have still not proven themselves within the community, at least IMO

sobitcoin

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 08:17:37 AM

circle is still a very new company. Although they are backed by VC (and have a reason to operate in a trustworthy manner) they have still not proven themselves within the community, at least IMO

I agree with your part about proving yourself within the community, but Alex Green did a pretty good job of that with Moolah, a pretty involved Dogecoin community, even NASCAR... Hell they were involved in everything, run by a 100% scammer from day one....  Personally, i'd like to see a face behind the brand, a transparent team and a source of revenue in case stuff went belly up, but Circle has offered 100% insurance on theft whether or not legitimate.. i guess time will tell. http://blog.circle.com/2014/09/29/circle-opens-doors-global-audience/
sed

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 08:25:05 AM

People are saying coinbase and others are saying meet in person, but I think that what's easiest and safest for you depends on what you consider hardship.  As I understand it, using coinbase requires giving up a huge amount of personal info to the company, that might not be considered "easy" if you value privacy.  On the other hand, meeting people in person might or might not be safe, etc.

For me, I prefer to meet in person and trade with neighbors.  There are websites to help you do this.  Also, in my town, I can find folks on craigslist whare selling bitcoin in person.
btckold24

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:53:54 PM

another vote for circle - took much less BS than most exchanges

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
sobitcoin

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 05:57:12 PM

another vote for circle - took much less BS than most exchanges

Wow, the service in you sig looks awesome, is this your business? Going to get it on the yocrypto.ca exchange listings asap, looks really cool just want to try it out first.
malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:26:27 AM

I agree with your part about proving yourself within the community, but Alex Green did a pretty good job of that with Moolah, a pretty involved Dogecoin community, even NASCAR... Hell they were involved in everything, run by a 100% scammer from day one....  Personally, i'd like to see a face behind the brand, a transparent team and a source of revenue in case stuff went belly up, but Circle has offered 100% insurance on theft whether or not legitimate.. i guess time will tell. http://blog.circle.com/2014/09/29/circle-opens-doors-global-audience/
Their insurance only covers theft from circle itself, not from customer accounts (for example if your account gets hacked). All it really guarantees is that the portion they keep in their hot wallet will not be stolen.

I don't think someone being involved in many events over a short period is sufficient to prove himself. He needs to be active for a longer period of time before he should really be trusted

crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 03:09:26 PM

It depends on the country, The Netherlands were i'm at now has something called IDEAL which basically is a non refundable direct online payment via bank account. Thus allowing you to buy your bitcoins instantly.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██