Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:00:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This could be the bitcoin bears nightmare!  (Read 5320 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:10:13 PM

About the real intrinsic value of 1 BTC, the question is:

How Much Money Is There on Earth?

No.  No more than it is the question to ask when trying to establish the "real intrinsic value" of a BTCeanie BTCaby.
3eme

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:19:21 PM

No.  No more than it is the question to ask when trying to establish the "real intrinsic value" of a BTCeanie BTCaby.

If people held beanie babies as a store of wealth, a 'focal point', more can be made to the point where the flow expands. There are a limited number of Bitcoin that will ever exist, they are clearly far more precious
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:26:37 PM

No.  No more than it is the question to ask when trying to establish the "real intrinsic value" of a BTCeanie BTCaby.

If people held beanie babies as a store of wealth, a 'focal point', more can be made to the point where the flow expands. There are a limited number of Bitcoin that will ever exist, they are clearly far more precious

People do hold BTCeanie BTCabies as a store of wealth, educate yourself.  BTCeanie BTCabies and Bitcoin both exploit artificial scarcity as a marketing gimmick:
Beanie Babies began to emerge as popular collectibles in late 1995, and became a hot toy.[5] The company's strategy of deliberate scarcity, producing each new design in limited quantity, restricting individual store shipments to limited numbers of each design and regularly retiring designs, created a huge secondary market for the toys and increased their popularity and value as a collectible.
-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beanie_Babies

True, the BTCeanie BTCubble has BTCurst long time ago, but then ...so did Bitcoin's Undecided
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:27:29 PM

Looks like a few more trolls to put on ignore.
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 10:33:12 PM

If I make a computer program that spits out 1's & 0's then you trade me your real cash for those computer numbers considering them a "store of wealth"
Then you convince a bunchhhhhhh of people to do the same & everyone starts storing it as a store of wealth.
Where the hell does the wealth come from???
Would you rather be the ones with the real cash? Or the "few" broke people that now have no money but have coins that are just numbers on a computer
DO NOT LET THE "LIMITED TIME SALE" BULLSHIT TACTIC FOOL YOU! Somone want's your money more than you do! POINT BLANK!!!
3eme

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:40:53 PM

If I make a computer program that spits out 1's & 0's then you trade me your real cash for those computer numbers considering them a "store of wealth"
Then you convince a bunchhhhhhh of people to do the same & everyone starts storing it as a store of wealth.
Would you rather be the ones with the real cash? Or the "few" broke people that now have no money but have coins that are just numbers on a computer
DO NOT LET THE "LIMITED TIME SALE" BULLSHIT TACTIC FOOL YOU! Somone want's your money more than you do! POINT BLANK!!!

Where does the wealth come from in a Dollar? It is a debt. Do you realise the government will debase it until it goes to zero?
fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 10:44:29 PM

Where does the wealth come from in a Dollar? It is a debt. Do you realise the government will debase it until it goes to zero?

No sir they have no problem burning up and destroying every resource they have and will burn down the rest of the world and their resources before their beloved dollar even comes close to failing.
Have you learned nothing from the bailouts & all the other redic economic policy that has and will keep happening?!
Bitcoin is the price it is because of 0's & 1's on a computer... Government's don't care enough to try and end BTC yet but even a third world country can surpress this price down to $1 right now with barely any effort. To think this won't happen in the future is just funny  Cheesy
3eme

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:57:00 PM

China and Russia will let it fall, they just have to stop buying dollars. As to bitcoin, time will tell
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:06:50 PM

^
For your own sake, please stop posting this inane drivel.  My cat has better macroeconomics understanding than you.
Newbie1022

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:10:54 PM

It is  interesting to think that

bitcoins valued in cents was not possible in 2011.

bitcoins valued at 1$ was not possible in 2012

bitcoins valued  at 10$ was not possible in 2013.

bitcoins valued at 100$ was not possible in 2014.

there could be mild variations...
forget about complex regressions arms predictions.

child logic is bitcoins valued at 1000$ will not be possible in 2015.

and 10000$ not possible in 2016....

this I believe it's what makes bears fear!k

No, frankly I never even considered it. See, the problem is that exponential growth does not continue in perpetuity in an open system. If you actually took mathematics courses instead of pretending to be a mathematician, you might realize that.
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:20:39 PM

Yes, it's like an IOU, IOU 1 dollar, what defines how much a dollar is? What is the unit of measure? Well believe it or not, the issuer of the IOU gets to define what that is...

It's as if, in homesteading times, your neighbour had a lean year, so you lent him a bigass wooden box of potatoes, maybe a couple of hundredweight to get through the winter, and he gave you an IOU, "IOU one box of potatoes".

However, you left the box in his custody, to be returned full at some unspecified time. Now maybe he got short of firewood, maybe he got crafty, but every so often, he trimmed that box down by an inch or so, and every time you saw it, you'd scratch your head, and think "I'm sure it was bigger than that". Leanish years followed for him, or perhaps he was "forgetful", but it turned out that one year you had to tighten your belt a bit, after a mishap with your cold store, and he seemed to be doing well, so you present the IOU "One box of potatoes" and he cheerfully passes you the stunted progeny of the original crate, full to the brim with it's maximum capacity of 3 potatoes.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:37:41 PM

Yes, it's like an IOU, IOU 1 dollar, what defines how much a dollar is? What is the unit of measure? Well believe it or not, the issuer of the IOU gets to define what that is...

No.  The issuer does not define what the value is.  The market defines the value.
When you buy BTCeanie BTCabies, it is your friend--the other finance enthusiast that's selling them to you--who dictates how many dollars you will pay.

You're welcome.
3eme

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:44:29 PM

No.  The issuer does not define what the value is.  The market defines the value.
When you buy BTCeanie BTCabies, it is your friend--the other finance enthusiast that's selling them to you--who dictates how many dollars you will pay.

You're welcome.
Supply and demand dictate the price of an item, perhaps you should listen to your cat, it's meows would be more informative than your demented trolling
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:10:49 PM

You're welcome.
Supply and demand dictate the price of an item, perhaps you should listen to your cat, it's meows would be more informative than your demented trolling

Supply & demand = market.
I made the text red to help you with your readingz, and emboldened it in case you're color blind.
UR welcome.
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:15:50 PM

Please do not feed the trolls.

I prefer just seeing, "NotLambchop: This user is currently ignored."

Cheesy

alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:57:11 PM

It seems that nothing's possible.........until it is...  Grin
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:10:19 PM

Cheesy

This.  Even if we consider beanie babies as a legit form of currency they can be "printed" to infinity.  The argument they are both "rare" is like trying to say the USD is rare and will never go past X amount of USD in circulation.

If I told someone in the 20's a coffee would be worth $2 they would laugh in my face and say "never would that be possible I don't even earn that in a week".  Yet here we are...

Now a 1/100 oz of gold over the coarse of 100 years realtive to buying a coffee.. take a gander at that Wink.
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:16:59 PM

No, frankly I never even considered it. See, the problem is that exponential growth does not continue in perpetuity in an open system. If you actually took mathematics courses instead of pretending to be a mathematician, you might realize that.

Correct. I tried to find this funny picture that depicts your point somewhat.. it was number of wives vs time.

Day 1 = 0
Day 2  = 1
Future
Day 3 = Huh

Some would say two. I say the trend is true until out isn't. Aka is not a real metric to watch as a predictor

NotLambchop

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:53:45 PM

This.  Even if we consider beanie babies as a legit form of currency they can be "printed" to infinity.

That's just ignorant.  Just as happens to be the case with Bitcoin, the number of BTCeanie BTCabies is limited. Educate yourself:
The company's strategy of deliberate scarcity, producing each new design in limited quantity, restricting individual store shipments to limited numbers of each design and regularly retiring designs, created a huge secondary market for the toys and increased their popularity and value as a collectible.
-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beanie_Babies

Further, the number of BTCeanies is smaller than the total of BTC, hence the substantially higher price:

Yeah, you missed that train, bro.  BTCeanie enthusiasts are already lounging on the moon, while you Johnny-come-lately Bitcoin imitators only dream about it.

Apologies for the delayed response.
3eme

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:59:07 PM

Cheesy

http://newsrealblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

This.  Even if we consider beanie babies as a legit form of currency they can be "printed" to infinity.  The argument they are both "rare" is like trying to say the USD is rare and will never go past X amount of USD in circulation.

If I told someone in the 20's a coffee would be worth $2 they would laugh in my face and say "never would that be possible I don't even earn that in a week".  Yet here we are...

Now a 1/100 oz of gold over the coarse of 100 years realtive to buying a coffee.. take a gander at that Wink.

Yes the point I was making is that bitcoin, like gold is rare, there is a set amount in existence, and a limited increase each year as a result of mining and gold is a focal point for wealth (see exter's pyramid), the USD certainly isnt, it can be printed by its issuer at will. Bitcoin has the potential to be a sort of digital gold, how long until the goldbug market want in? That lightbulb moment will click for more people over time and voila $1000 bitcoin in 2015.

Its true the trend cant exponentiate forever, but price is a function of adoption. As long as the network is growing and after this consolidation, there is a good deal of upside left I believe

I've locked down my tins of troll food, they eat facts and soil the place with facetious shit
Wink
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: