Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:20:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The truth about Dooglus and his pawn Arrogant.  (Read 7251 times)
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:54:03 AM

Speaking of my pawn Arrogant, did you see the lovely review he wrote of Just-Dice.com?

I didn't even pay him for it!

http://bitcoingambling.reviews/just-dice-com/

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:20:57 AM

The whole situation sounded like the op was in a game he didn't understand and he was out of his depth. By posting here he just made his site look amateur. Dooglus could have been nicer about it, but had no reason to be!
Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 11:48:39 AM

If you're going to post accusations of blackmail & sabotage you might consider posting some proof as well.

Just my 2 cents.

toddtervy

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 02:31:27 PM

On the one hand, I think that dooglus didn't do anything wrong in this issue, because he never tried to profit from exploiting anything/anybody.
On the other hand it makes me sad to see how many people are just going "dooglus has a better reputation than this guy, therefore he is right".
I feel like the winner of an argument should be based on what he did right in THAT argument and not on what he did right or wrong in the past.

Agreed.  Too many people will just blindly support someone, we've seen it with the scams in the past.    They're not doing Dooglus any favors as it actually looks suspicious to any of us that are seasoned.

Get off my c@ck !
enryk

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

GreenCoin

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:46:18 PM

If you're going to post accusations of blackmail & sabotage you might consider posting some proof as well.

Just my 2 cents.
He did post some proof, but that was actually worse for his own site. It was regarding some bounty being paid, which was taken back, after dooglus posted an honest review of the site.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:43:07 PM

Dooglus could have been nicer about it, but had no reason to be!

I could also have been a lot less nice.

When I found the bug I could have used it to slowly drain his bankroll, but instead I reported it to him in exchange for a bounty that never materialised.

If he had ever asked me to update my review I would have done so. Now he probably wouldn't want me to, since it would only get worse if I edited it now.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
paradoxal420

Activity: 229

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:02:19 PM

Dooglus could have been nicer about it, but had no reason to be!

I could also have been a lot less nice.

When I found the bug I could have used it to slowly drain his bankroll, but instead I reported it to him in exchange for a bounty that never materialised.

If he had ever asked me to update my review I would have done so. Now he probably wouldn't want me to, since it would only get worse if I edited it now.

The whole "I paid him for silence, not the bug" thing still cracks me up. Why would you pay for silence when someone reported a bug?
Are his developers too incompetent to fix it? This kind of arrogance is what ruins a site for me.
This just reminds me of how Dean Nolan is with his site. (except on a much much higher unprofessional level)
While PRC is successful, he doesn't seem to take very kindly to advice, suggestions or bug reports.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 HAS LAUNCHED @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bifta

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:48:49 PM

I wrote a PM to Arrogant where asked him about my ratings on his site. For now my site is Provably Fair has chat, and Dooglus rate is unfair for that moment. Realizing that Arrogant is Dooglus pawn and that Dooglus will not change his ratings (although to be honest it has long had to do so after understood there is no cheating on my site), and only one thing Dooglus could do what else would even he do to stop us is to withdraw his last money from the balance on my site. So I have changed withdraw rules as chat was added (before PMing Arrogant). It takes about 5 minutes after PM to Arrogant and Dooglus withdrew his money. And what do you think this is also a coincidence? They are both  are trying to spoil by all the ways. And after all this we still have to pay a competitor. I do not know where does this world, but it hurts me to watch that on your forum such people are in great authority.
I realized that only yesterday when I started this conversation. Who needs proof and private messages please PM me, I can not do as these dishonest people and advertise the privates. I am sorry for my english..,

I've been to Just-Dice lately also.  And it is very much what looks to be your classic den of thieves/con artists reminiscent of the earlier coin chat.  We have Dooglus, with his supposedly untarnished reputation, accompanied by a few stoolpigeons.  Arrogant, BayAreaCoins, Klye, and some of the other mods and players, are not much more than pump-a-dumpers and con artists grouping together.  Anyone buying into the whole Clam pump-a-dump is probably not going to like how this could end up.  Remember the last alt-coin Dooglus supported was Doge-coin.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:55:31 PM

Remember the last alt-coin Dooglus supported was Doge-coin.

What's wrong with DogeCoin? It looks alive and kicking to me, better than (almost) all other altcoins. Doge-dice.com was a joy to use and a nice community.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:06:30 PM

I wrote a PM to Arrogant where asked him about my ratings on his site. For now my site is Provably Fair has chat, and Dooglus rate is unfair for that moment. Realizing that Arrogant is Dooglus pawn and that Dooglus will not change his ratings (although to be honest it has long had to do so after understood there is no cheating on my site), and only one thing Dooglus could do what else would even he do to stop us is to withdraw his last money from the balance on my site. So I have changed withdraw rules as chat was added (before PMing Arrogant). It takes about 5 minutes after PM to Arrogant and Dooglus withdrew his money. And what do you think this is also a coincidence? They are both  are trying to spoil by all the ways. And after all this we still have to pay a competitor. I do not know where does this world, but it hurts me to watch that on your forum such people are in great authority.
I realized that only yesterday when I started this conversation. Who needs proof and private messages please PM me, I can not do as these dishonest people and advertise the privates. I am sorry for my english..,

I've been to Just-Dice lately also.  And it is very much what looks to be your classic den of thieves/con artists reminiscent of the earlier coin chat.  We have Dooglus, with his supposedly untarnished reputation, accompanied by a few stoolpigeons.  Arrogant, BayAreaCoins, Klye, and some of the other mods and players, are not much more than pump-a-dumpers and con artists grouping together.  Anyone buying into the whole Clam pump-a-dump is probably not going to like how this could end up.  Remember the last alt-coin Dooglus supported was Doge-coin.
How do you work that out? How can someone steal or con you out of money on JD? I am actually interested to here, because it isn't p2p and unlike say MCX, there is no market to pump and or dump.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 09:12:19 PM

How do you work that out? How can someone steal or con you out of money on JD? I am actually interested to here, because it isn't p2p and unlike say MCX, there is no market to pump and or dump.

I think this is how the scam he is describing works:

1. dooglus buys a bunch of cheap unknown crypto (doge, clam, etc.)
2. dooglus launches dice site, bringing publicity to the unknown crypto, pumping its price
3. suckers buy the unknown crypto at inflated prices from dooglus
4. price collapses
5. dooglus ends up with suckers' valuable coins, suckers end up with worthless currency

Seems like an awful lot of work for relatively little gain. And if this was my goal I don't think I would have picked a coin that has 96% of its supply unaccounted for. A large part of it could turn up at any point and collapse the price. It would make much more sense to pump and dump a coin that JD could truly corner the market in.

13:09:28 INFO: 62,706 of 3,208,032 sets of 4.60545574 CLAM were dug up so far from the initial distribution
13:09:28 INFO: 288,790 CLAM were dug up and 220,268 CLAM were staked for a total of 509,057 CLAM
13:09:28 INFO: Just-Dice's onsite bankroll of 356,036 CLAM represents 69.94% of that amount
13:09:28 INFO: if all the distributed CLAMs were dug up, the total money supply would be 14,994,669 CLAM

It is a concern that relatively few large players hold so much of the CLAM supply. I was talking to somone on JD last night who was being bullish on the price. I warned him that if a few of the big holders decided they want out, the price could fall, triggering panic sells by others. He seemed confident that there are plenty of people looking to buy cheap that a big sell-off would be a good thing. I guess we'll see what happens. Looking at the poloniex market, he's right: there are currently only 2657 CLAM available to buy at any price, and 152 BTC trying to buy them. And I'm still trying to replace the coins that I recently sold:

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:18:04 PM

Seems like an awful lot of work for relatively little gain. And if this was my goal I don't think I would have picked a coin that has 96% of its supply unaccounted for. A large part of it could turn up at any point and collapse the price. It would make much more sense to pump and dump a coin that JD could truly corner the market in.

I'd like to state that I think Dooglus is a class-act and I don't believe at all that he has any motive to scam people.  However, I think he's downplaying the 'relatively little gain' part.  I believe this coin was picked for a reason.  If I understand correctly (I might be wrong), the Clams are distributed through old but used bitcoin addresses... which is something that Dooglus had access to thousands of from the old Just-Dice.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I think Just-dice is well run, safe, secure, has a fun community, and is easily one of the top 3 most trusted sites that you don't have to worry about being scammed or being ripped off from, but with that being said the currency being gambled with is highly volatile and has a lot of unknown factors about it and all those holding clams should be very careful.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:01:31 AM

I'd like to state that I think Dooglus is a class-act and I don't believe at all that he has any motive to scam people.  However, I think he's downplaying the 'relatively little gain' part.  I believe this coin was picked for a reason.  If I understand correctly (I might be wrong), the Clams are distributed through old but used bitcoin addresses... which is something that Dooglus had access to thousands of from the old Just-Dice.

You're right that the initial distribution was to old bitcoin addresses, but it was only to the ones that were funded on a particular date in May 2014. I kept the Just-Dice wallet tidy by regularly sweeping coins into a single "cold wallet" address, so although the wallet contained tens of thousands of old used addresses, all but a few of them were empty on that date in May.

Interestingly, the old retired hot wallets were slightly better, because I only loaded them up every few weeks to check for deposits to old addresses and so when the snapshot was taken there were several funded addresses in those old wallets.

In total (DOGE addresses got free CLAMs too, and Doge-Dice had wallets too) I think I received less than 200 CLAMs, worth less than $100 at the time.

Having said that, the method of initial distribution is what first drew my attention to the coin, so you're right that it contributed to my choice of coin. Just not that I gained much from the method of distribution.

Check for yourself if you ever deposited BTC to Just-Dice or Doge-Dice. Use the /dig command on Just-Dice to check whether any free CLAM were awarded to your deposit address. It's incredibly likely that you'll find that your address didn't get any CLAM, because of how I kept the JD wallet so tidy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I think Just-dice is well run, safe, secure, has a fun community, and is easily one of the top 3 most trusted sites that you don't have to worry about being scammed or being ripped off from, but with that being said the currency being gambled with is highly volatile and has a lot of unknown factors about it and all those holding clams should be very careful.

I can agree with all of that. The price could fall drastically at any time. Or climb drastically.

Here's another screenshot showing how there are even less CLAMs available to buy now than before:

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 09:06:44 AM

Thank you for the honorable mention.
Now if you'd please not hide behind a fresh account that would be great.

JD is thee fucking shit, and you are jelly you aren't part of our team of "pump-a-dumpers and con artists".

Please go stick your dick in an outlet.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 10:09:20 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2015, 10:29:24 AM by BayAreaCoins

... BayAreaCoins...

Not exactly sure what I did to get poked at.

I've been around JD chat for well over a year.

I've done nothing but honest/good business, so you can blow it out your ass.

I provide free escrows ect... Free.

Don't group my business with Arros business please.... I've been trying to make a deal with him over a lap top for months.  Def not the easiest deal I've ever closed  Roll Eyes

Remember the last alt-coin Dooglus supported was Doge-coin.

www.Doge-coin.com
www.LitecoinSucks.com

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
fox19891989

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:34:31 AM

I think this is how the scam he is describing works:

1. dooglus buys a bunch of cheap unknown crypto (doge, clam, etc.)
2. dooglus launches dice site, bringing publicity to the unknown crypto, pumping its price
3. suckers buy the unknown crypto at inflated prices from dooglus
4. price collapses
5. dooglus ends up with suckers' valuable coins, suckers end up with worthless currency

13:09:28 INFO: 62,706 of 3,208,032 sets of 4.60545574 CLAM were dug up so far from the initial distribution
13:09:28 INFO: 288,790 CLAM were dug up and 220,268 CLAM were staked for a total of 509,057 CLAM
13:09:28 INFO: Just-Dice's onsite bankroll of 356,036 CLAM represents 69.94% of that amount
13:09:28 INFO: if all the distributed CLAMs were dug up, the total money supply would be 14,994,669 CLAM

It is a concern that relatively few large players hold so much of the CLAM supply. I was talking to somone on JD last night who was being bullish on the price. I warned him that if a few of the big holders decided they want out, the price could fall, triggering panic sells by others. He seemed confident that there are plenty of people looking to buy cheap that a big sell-off would be a good thing. I guess we'll see what happens. Looking at the poloniex market, he's right: there are currently only 2657 CLAM available to buy at any price, and 152 BTC trying to buy them. And I'm still trying to replace the coins that I recently sold:

CLAM is one of the best altcoin with a high demand and good future.  Grin Target price:0.05btc
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:36:53 PM

CLAM is one of the best altcoin with a high demand and good future.  Grin Target price:0.05btc

That's the kind of talk that gets CLAM labelled as just another pump-and-dump.

Nobody knows what the future holds for CLAM. It really depends on a bunch of unknowable things.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:09:42 AM

CLAM is one of the best altcoin with a high demand and good future.  Grin Target price:0.05btc

That's the kind of talk that gets CLAM labelled as just another pump-and-dump.

Nobody knows what the future holds for CLAM. It really depends on a bunch of unknowable things.

I pump and dump 3-4 times day.

dooglus seed is best for pumping n dumping. Cool

doog, like my new sig?
michinzx

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:14:45 AM

Dooglus is a reputed member of this forum.

He found a bug in your site, whether he is a competitor or not, he found a bug which could have lost you a few btc. If the same system was there for "Free play" too, then many would have spotted it and if you were unlucky could have cost you losses.

He has helped a lot of sites recently. like SD.

And there is no use paying for a review unless it is for a very reputed site which will affect the traffic considerable, which I doubt is the case.

He found a bug, took advantage of it and only then told about it.

you sound mad that your bug was exploited, as if anyone isnt going to when they find it
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:41:43 AM

Dooglus is a reputed member of this forum.

He found a bug in your site, whether he is a competitor or not, he found a bug which could have lost you a few btc. If the same system was there for "Free play" too, then many would have spotted it and if you were unlucky could have cost you losses.

He has helped a lot of sites recently. like SD.

And there is no use paying for a review unless it is for a very reputed site which will affect the traffic considerable, which I doubt is the case.

He found a bug, took advantage of it and only then told about it.

you sound mad that your bug was exploited, as if anyone isnt going to when they find it

The guy has been totally discredited. He simply didn't want to pay for me reporting the bug, so he made excuses not to.

I didn't attempt to withdraw my winnings - I only exploited it to prove that it was possible, but left my "winnings" on the site.

Anyway, it's all just water under the fridge at this stage.

██████████         
      ██████████████████