Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:08:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SpaceBIT- The First Decentralized Space Company.  (Read 3240 times)
Spacebit (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:49:26 PM

New article out on Coin Finance SpaceBIT is bringing the blockchain to space.
http://www.coinfinance.com/news/spacebit-is-bringing-the-blockchain-to-space

So who are you then, Pavlo, or Ian?

Also, you said this was a pre-announcement, and as such there is no mining or IPO, although there may be in the future. So how does that fit in with this article from July: http://www.meetup.com/CitizenInventor/events/194302742/

Here's a quote:

"When is it launched?
Total number of available coins is 100 Million SpaceBITs. Starting on 11 July, SpaceBit will make 15 million coins available in a limited-time crowd sale running until 31 of September. Every holder of SpaceBIT coin will share in the success of future projects that we fund. We plan to release additional 25 Million Coins when we launch a first SpaceBIT backed satellite into Space."

So if you could clarify those matters, then we can talk about other things like space vaults and solving major world problems.

I am helping Pavlo get the project out to the public. Pavlo is only answering questions that I bring to him directly.

SpaceBIT has considered launching our own token. At the moment we do not have plans to launch or to not launch. With the current state of token sales we may not issue a token.  We are currently looking to close some VC funding and avoiding crypto funding the project. This does not mean we will or will not issue a token in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Angel investor.

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:31:04 AM

Is there any way to involve in this project in this early stage?

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
HouseMonkey

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:31:16 AM

what happens if beings from the future steal your BTC wallets?? BTC would surely be worth a lot to them  Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin
NewWorldCoiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:49:41 AM

Also, you said this was a pre-announcement, and as such there is no mining or IPO, although there may be in the future. So how does that fit in with this article from July: http://www.meetup.com/CitizenInventor/events/194302742/

Here's a quote:

"When is it launched?
Total number of available coins is 100 Million SpaceBITs. Starting on 11 July, SpaceBit will make 15 million coins available in a limited-time crowd sale running until 31 of September. Every holder of SpaceBIT coin will share in the success of future projects that we fund. We plan to release additional 25 Million Coins when we launch a first SpaceBIT backed satellite into Space."

So if you could clarify those matters, then we can talk about other things like space vaults and solving major world problems.

I am helping Pavlo get the project out to the public. Pavlo is only answering questions that I bring to him directly.

SpaceBIT has considered launching our own token. At the moment we do not have plans to launch or to not launch. With the current state of token sales we may not issue a token.  We are currently looking to close some VC funding and avoiding crypto funding the project. This does not mean we will or will not issue a token in the future.

Ahh, so I see you chose to delete and ignore my question about which particular satellite was yours on the SpaceX Falcon 9 CRS-3 mission in April 2014 in your public reply to my post. You did attempt to clarify it somewhat in your PM to me though. Thanks for that.

Spacebit

Activity: 11

Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)

(No subject)
« Sent to: NewWorldCoiner  on: December 17, 2014, 06:10:36 PM »
 Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete   

"I will make a public reply but I also want to make a private reply. My name is Tim and I am working with Pavlo. Pavlo is a very busy man and I am helping with PR for the project. Right now there is very little I am allowed to reveal. In matter of fact I thought I was cleared to.

Here is a reply from Pavlo about the mission "t was with Cornell university payload, but I am not sure if it is a good idea to elaborate on that as it was a very small one. It is part of 104 Cornell research sprite satellites and it has our name on it and a signal." basically this was a small project that was very small in terms of Space. Check the link to Pavlo Lnkedin and you will see he has SpaceBIT listed.

I will try to release more info. I know this project sounds a little out there but its all there. Also the deal with the tokens is at the moment we are not planning on issuing some. So many issues and all the fraud we will wait. We are closing funding on VC currently and any token sale is only to be able to get the community involved in missions. But right now we are on the fence.

I will make a public reply once I have all the info. Thanks for your questions."

So, it was part of the Kicksat payload apparently. Not exactly a nano-sat is it? And no mention of the other "successful private launches."

Firstly, Kicksat did not deploy it's payload of Sprites, and they were all burned up upon re-entry. How can this possibly be seen as a successful launch?  No wonder you now wish to downplay this launch.

Secondly, some rather extraordinary claims were made on the 19th April, the day after the Kicksat launch. Here we see that: "The main feature of this satellite is its ability to make transactions with electronic money in space"
https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=ru&u=http://lenta-kazan.ru/news/science/5876-ukrainec-vpervye-vyvel-v-kosmos-elektronnye-dengi.html&usg=ALkJrhgFLUdUZIZIc_EiQhZIXRRU-ZUdzQ
I found that link on a Russian self-moderated MoneXy International page of bitcointalk: http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php%3Ftopic%3D577079.0&prev=search

These claims struck me as being very odd indeed. Why boast about the satellite's ability to process transactions when the intended lifespan of the Sprites is a mere 2 weeks? Taken from the Kicksat FAQ's on Kickstarter: "How long will the Sprites stay in orbit? The answer to this question depends on what kind of orbit we get launched into. We're shooting for a low-altitude orbit where the Sprites would have a few days in space before re-entering the atmosphere and burning up. We want to guarantee that the Sprites will stay in orbit for no more than a couple of weeks to eliminate debris concerns."
Hmm, curious. Is a Sprite even capable of processing transactions? Taken from Kickstarter: "Sprites are the size of a couple of postage stamps but have solar cells, a radio transceiver, and a microcontroller (tiny computer) with memory and sensors - many of the capabilities a bigger spacecraft would have, just scaled down. This first version can’t do much more than transmit its name and a few bits of data - think of it as a shrunken down Sputnik - but future versions could include any type of sensor that will fit, from thermometers to cameras."

Well, it seems transactions are unlikely at this stage then, but there was a developers package available which enabled you to write your own code for the Sprite, which, of course, would need verifying by the Kicksat dev to be allowed to launch, perhaps that's what happened? Pavlo says his Sprite "has our name on it and a signal", but makes no mention of a development kit needed to implement code, or if he wrote any code to program it, so was it just a $300 Sprite and not the $1000 development kit? I thought I'd better check with the Kicksat dev just to make sure, so I emailed him. Now, can you guess what he said?

That's right, he said a Sprite isn't capable of performing those transactions. 1: It's not powerful enough. 2: It can only broadcast, no receiving. 3: No-one attempted anything even remotely like that, and the dev would know, because he has to check the code. 4: Probably the most damning is the fact that Zachary Manchester, the Kicksat dev, has never heard of Pavlo, or SpaceBit. You'd think he'd remember Pavlo, seeing as Pavlo says he was at the launch: https://twitter.com/spacepavlo/status/486934261245947904/photo/1

Now I don't really want to rain on anyone's parade, especially anyone with a genuine project, but this shit pisses me off. You come round here talking about space and satellites, but in only the vaguest of terms considering what you propose, a cold storage vault in orbit. You may have had a Sprite, who knows, Zachary says he can't rule out the possibility that you went in with someone else or gave money under a different name (He was being professional by saying that, he googled SpaceBit because he'd never heard of it or Pavlo, and says he is sceptical of your claims), but IF you had a Sprite, it certainly wouldn't do the things you claimed back in April, and it would be fair to say some "untruths" or "exaggerations" have been told here. And I'm still dubious that you haven't already launched a coin on July 11th now I've discovered these distortions of the truth, even more so when I see Spacebit Technologies Ltd was registered about 3 weeks ago, having been called Space2020 Ltd for the previous 6 months, and that company only registered in mid June, 2 months after the Kicksat launch. 

So do you space-cadets have any real proof to back up your claims of launches and rocket scientists, or is it just lies and tourist pictures? 

Spacebit (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:36:58 PM

Here's a quote:

"When is it launched?

Ahh, so I see you chose to delete and ignore my question about which particular satellite was yours on the SpaceX Falcon 9 CRS-3 mission in April 2014 in your public reply to my post. You did attempt to clarify it somewhat in your PM to me though. Thanks for that.

Spacebit

Activity: 11

Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)

(No subject)
« Sent to: NewWorldCoiner  on: December 17, 2014, 06:10:36 PM »
 Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete   

"I will make a public reply but I also want to make a private reply. My name is Tim and I am working with Pavlo. Pavlo is a very busy man and I am helping with PR for the project. Right now there is very little I am allowed to reveal. In matter of fact I thought I was cleared to.

Here is a reply from Pavlo about the mission "t was with Cornell university payload, but I am not sure if it is a good idea to elaborate on that as it was a very small one. It is part of 104 Cornell research sprite satellites and it has our name on it and a signal." basically this was a small project that was very small in terms of Space. Check the link to Pavlo Lnkedin and you will see he has SpaceBIT listed.

I will try to release more info. I know this project sounds a little out there but its all there. Also the deal with the tokens is at the moment we are not planning on issuing some. So many issues and all the fraud we will wait. We are closing funding on VC currently and any token sale is only to be able to get the community involved in missions. But right now we are on the fence.

I will make a public reply once I have all the info. Thanks for your questions."

So, it was part of the Kicksat payload apparently. Not exactly a nano-sat is it? And no mention of the other "successful private launches."

Firstly, Kicksat did not deploy it's payload of Sprites, and they were all burned up upon re-entry. How can this possibly be seen as a successful launch?  No wonder you now wish to downplay this launch.

Secondly, some rather extraordinary claims were made on the 19th April, the day after the Kicksat launch. Here we see that: "The main feature of this satellite is its ability to make transactions with electronic money in space"
https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=ru&u=http://lenta-kazan.ru/news/science/5876-ukrainec-vpervye-vyvel-v-kosmos-elektronnye-dengi.html&usg=ALkJrhgFLUdUZIZIc_EiQhZIXRRU-ZUdzQ
I found that link on a Russian self-moderated MoneXy International page of bitcointalk: http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php%3Ftopic%3D577079.0&prev=search

These claims struck me as being very odd indeed. Why boast about the satellite's ability to process transactions when the intended lifespan of the Sprites is a mere 2 weeks? Taken from the Kicksat FAQ's on Kickstarter: "How long will the Sprites stay in orbit? The answer to this question depends on what kind of orbit we get launched into. We're shooting for a low-altitude orbit where the Sprites would have a few days in space before re-entering the atmosphere and burning up. We want to guarantee that the Sprites will stay in orbit for no more than a couple of weeks to eliminate debris concerns."
Hmm, curious. Is a Sprite even capable of processing transactions? Taken from Kickstarter: "Sprites are the size of a couple of postage stamps but have solar cells, a radio transceiver, and a microcontroller (tiny computer) with memory and sensors - many of the capabilities a bigger spacecraft would have, just scaled down. This first version can’t do much more than transmit its name and a few bits of data - think of it as a shrunken down Sputnik - but future versions could include any type of sensor that will fit, from thermometers to cameras."

Well, it seems transactions are unlikely at this stage then, but there was a developers package available which enabled you to write your own code for the Sprite, which, of course, would need verifying by the Kicksat dev to be allowed to launch, perhaps that's what happened? Pavlo says his Sprite "has our name on it and a signal", but makes no mention of a development kit needed to implement code, or if he wrote any code to program it, so was it just a $300 Sprite and not the $1000 development kit? I thought I'd better check with the Kicksat dev just to make sure, so I emailed him. Now, can you guess what he said?

That's right, he said a Sprite isn't capable of performing those transactions. 1: It's not powerful enough. 2: It can only broadcast, no receiving. 3: No-one attempted anything even remotely like that, and the dev would know, because he has to check the code. 4: Probably the most damning is the fact that Zachary Manchester, the Kicksat dev, has never heard of Pavlo, or SpaceBit. You'd think he'd remember Pavlo, seeing as Pavlo says he was at the launch: https://twitter.com/spacepavlo/status/486934261245947904/photo/1

Now I don't really want to rain on anyone's parade, especially anyone with a genuine project, but this shit pisses me off. You come round here talking about space and satellites, but in only the vaguest of terms considering what you propose, a cold storage vault in orbit. You may have had a Sprite, who knows, Zachary says he can't rule out the possibility that you went in with someone else or gave money under a different name (He was being professional by saying that, he googled SpaceBit because he'd never heard of it or Pavlo, and says he is sceptical of your claims), but IF you had a Sprite, it certainly wouldn't do the things you claimed back in April, and it would be fair to say some "untruths" or "exaggerations" have been told here. And I'm still dubious that you haven't already launched a coin on July 11th now I've discovered these distortions of the truth, even more so when I see Spacebit Technologies Ltd was registered about 3 weeks ago, having been called Space2020 Ltd for the previous 6 months, and that company only registered in mid June, 2 months after the Kicksat launch. 

So do you space-cadets have any real proof to back up your claims of launches and rocket scientists, or is it just lies and tourist pictures? 

I was asked to remove info about past test projects. This is why I did not address it.

Sprite was just an example of a past mission of SpaceBIT team members. We never claimed this was the method we would use on future missions.

I will reply to you soon addressing the rest of your concerns.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:44:49 PM

It is true that nodes are important for decentralized currencies such as bitcoin. However private keys still have to be stored in a physical or digital form. Our vault offers off-planet storage of bitcoins with a secure time-delayed withdrawal. We hope that it will also open new discussion on jurisdiction and ownership.

Why on earth (pun intended) would I want to store my private keys somewhere completely out of reach, where they are irrecoverable (I assume reentry is a ball of fire)  and prone to catastrophe ? I might as well engrave them on a piece of metal and sink that t in the Mariana's trench.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: