Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:36:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big players attempting to drop price  (Read 2079 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:40:39 PM

Massive sell walls set up just above the price.. Someone is about to make a lot of money shorting BTC.

Slowly buying and always holding with an item that cannot produce 21 million can only have one outcome.... this winter will be a very long one, weather the storm or get out now.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:53:36 PM

Massive sell walls set up just above the price.. Someone is about to make a lot of money shorting BTC.

Slowly buying and always holding with an item that cannot produce 21 million can only have one outcome.... this winter will be a very long one, weather the storm or get out now.

What massive sells walls are you talking about, don't see any.

Can you specify what exchange's orderbook you look at?
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:10:49 PM

..I am still dreaming to get rich quick some day..

Give it up,Bitcoin Market (aka bitcoin ponzi scheme) is about to Collapse soon!

It would depend on what you define as collapse.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:11:22 PM

A smaller one only has like 120 btc vol a day.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:26:23 PM

I can't see any massive sell walls yet, but they will probably appear in a couple of weeks.

Nobody is trying to drop the price, it's just a normal market behavior. You got spoiled by Markus and Willy who
prevented the early 2013 bubble from deflating to 30$ or below and then used more fake million $ to build the new bubble
much faster and higher than normal. Now the disillusioned market has to find THE bottom, and hopefully without manipulation.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:42:49 PM

I can't see any massive sell walls yet, but they will probably appear in a couple of weeks.

Nobody is trying to drop the price, it's just a normal market behavior. You got spoiled by Markus and Willy who
prevented the early 2013 bubble from deflating to 30$ or below and then used more fake million $ to build the new bubble
much faster and higher than normal. Now the disillusioned market has to find THE bottom, and hopefully without manipulation.
If those bots existed, they also disillusioned the market from finding a true ceiling. If manipulation is so easy that a single bot can outwit many seasoned traders, then it will never be possible for this model of trading to ever work. It is then not Bitcoin that should be blamed, but instead the people running the unregulated exchanges and the unlicensed brokers that use them.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:47:07 PM

Yea it's pretty obvious we've been playing the shorting game all year. The market has been more reactive to dumps than pumps, so the easier way to make money is to scare people into dropping their coins by dumping and walls, than buying and pumping. The shorting game will end when the price is too low to pass up, or the shorter's btc get burned.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:10:53 PM

...easier way to make money is to scare people into dropping their coins by dumping and walls, than buying and pumping...

spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:13:02 PM

Yea it's pretty obvious we've been playing the shorting game all year. The market has been more reactive to dumps than pumps, so the easier way to make money is to scare people into dropping their coins by dumping and walls, than buying and pumping. The shorting game will end when the price is too low to pass up, or the shorter's btc get burned.

I have a feeling it will be the price is too low.  We would need mass capital and organization to burn them, it is possible however.
Thenen

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:34:20 PM

We really need the bitcoin halving to come earlier, miners are dropping bitcoin too fast...
abyrnes81

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:36:03 PM

Do you mean the early adopters / miners? Maybe you're right , but we can't do nothing - only see what will happen ( personally I think the price will not drop under $ 300).
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:44:27 PM

I had hoped we wouldn't break this indicator, but we have, and quite so.
We can expect sub 100 in a 1 to 2 month time frame now. Worst of all, there's no indication it will stop collapsing there.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:44:54 PM

We really need the bitcoin halving to come earlier, miners are dropping bitcoin too fast...

Satoshi was not betting on such bubbly adoption.  Bitcoin was never meant to have such high market cap so soon.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:47:53 PM

I had hoped we wouldn't break this indicator, but we have, and quite so.
We can expect sub 100 in a 1 to 2 month time frame now. Worst of all, there's no indication it will stop collapsing there.

Would you mind sharing which indicator? My most bearish scenario is currently about 140$, not double digits, so I'm curious.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
leen93

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:51:10 PM

we'll see 500$ soon  Smiley
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:01:44 PM

A smaller one only has like 120 btc vol a day.

I thought you were talking about 2000XBT sell walls.

Quote my words : January 1st Bitcoin price will be +$400.

Why? Because it's a new year. New year means new opportunities.
vabtc

Activity: 55
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:04:56 PM

Satoshi was not betting on such bubbly adoption.  Bitcoin was never meant to have such high market cap so soon.

You don't know a damn thing about what Satoshi was "betting" on.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:16:36 PM

Since you clearly do not understand what a ponzi is, please enjoy this link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

A ponzi requires that true profits and losses are kept hidden from investors. What is hidden in bitcoin? Profits? losses? trades? transactions? supply? code? I can't see how an open-source ponzi is possible. That's not to say it is a good idea to "invest" in bitcoin, but it's not a ponzi; it's just a stupid investment.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
abyrnes81

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:18:48 PM

A ponzi requires that true profits and losses are kept hidden from investors. What is hidden in bitcoin? Profits? losses? trades? transactions? supply? code? I can't see how an open-source ponzi is possible. That's not to say it is a good idea to "invest" in bitcoin, but it's not a ponzi; it's just a stupid investment.

Bitcoin is the first  ponzi open-source  Grin  (* according to ponzi_breaker*).
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:19:25 PM

You're correct.  Pyramid scheme is a much more fitting description Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: