Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:27:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Open bazzar, Uber and Bitcoin  (Read 3294 times)
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 08:28:49 PM

There have been a number of instances when the passenger in an Uber vehicle was injured in an accident and the insurance did not cover their medical costs.

The $1 million of coverage is only effective when the Uber app is "on" and they are "officially" a fare of the driver. While you may think this is a simple concept, it has caused people not to be covered by their insurance when they really "should" have been

http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2014/06/19/uber-lyft-riders-might-not-be-covered-by-insurance-industry-claims

That article is six months old and completely out of date.

Thanks to some high-profile cases and legislative action, ridesharing networks have improved their insurance coverage.

I've taken a few rides on Lyft and one on Uber.  Both services provided experiences far superior and more economical than using a cab.
I agree that the overall experience (and cost) is generally better on Uber then with traditional taxi service. I am not sure if the insurance issues have truly been resolved.

Either way I think the overall risk is low

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tropical0101

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:27:26 PM

This Uber looks weird and for sure is not easy to use.. I prefer taxi or for traveling: http://www.blablacar.com/
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:52:45 PM

If a country bans Uber, that would be a great news for freedom. I just can't understand how some people can enjoy this service. It's like having the CIA watching all your moves. Taxis are anonymous and you can pay cash, that's what I like.

Uber has many benefits. One being simplified commuting.
Type in address and they arrive; can even choose a luxury car.

Cab?...need to call, creepy drivers, confusion, expensive, rude, dirty, etc.

Simplified?
You need a smartphone, you need to download an app, you need to register, you need a credit card, then you need to type...

It's easier to call a taxi to me. I don't know if it's more expensive, but I know I always prefer to hire the service of a professional, and nobody records my commuting.

Why are you so concerned about people knowing your whereabouts?
Are you a bulgarian gangster who launders money or?...if so, I understand.

If not, you have no reason to hate uber.  Undecided

I'm just a simple guy who enjoys having a private life, and I want to keep it that way, but I've been questioned by police once because of my political activities, and I don't want this to happen again. The world isn't as free as many would like to believe.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: