Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:32:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Arcade - Promoting Bitcoin with Games  (Read 2835 times)
GentleHat (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 07:50:44 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2012, 09:28:00 AM by GentleHat

Bitcoin Arcade is a new bitcoin website under development dedicated to Bitcoin-related games. It will serve as a place to promote Bitcoin through gaming, promote games that incorporate Bitcoin, and develop new games centered on Bitcoin.

http://BitcoinArcade.com

We're currently working on a few browser based games, including a bitcoin block breaker game, a mining game, as well as a few simple games like pong. We're also working on a system for people to submit games, but until that's done you can simply email: bitcoinarcade@gmail.com.

This is a fairly big project, currently being worked on by a single programmer. If you would like to help us out, please donate to 1A9eSnTGz3MjF5eLMPY6yt9pJECsCxiZAU. Thank you!

Update: December 2012 Update!

In the last few months of downtime (took the site down for a complete redo) the site has been completely redesigned and we're taking the project a lot more seriously now. Two new bitcoin games as well - 51% Attack and Bitcoin Juggler - feel free to check them out on the site. Would really like to get some externally made games hosted on the site, so we can promote them as well. There's a form on the site to submit games to be put up, along with a link back to their website and their bitcoin address.

Check out http://BitcoinArcade.com and follow @BitcoinArcade on Twitter for updates. Hoping to develop a few more site features and a lot more games in the coming months!
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GentleHat (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 11:48:03 PM

Project went on the backburner for a couple weeks while I found an appropriate web host, and we made some progress on some browser-based games. Would love to know if there's any interest in this so far!
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 11:49:43 PM

Project went on the backburner for a couple weeks while I found an appropriate web host, and we made some progress on some browser-based games. Would love to know if there's any interest in this so far!

Where can I play?  Cheesy

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 04:49:34 AM

What's a time estimate or donations needed? Maybe use one of the sites like indie gogo you can gather funds to build the arcade or something if u need that

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
GentleHat (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 09:38:37 AM

What's a time estimate or donations needed? Maybe use one of the sites like indie gogo you can gather funds to build the arcade or something if u need that
We're hoping to finish up our first game by next week. As of August 3rd we're now at 3 programmers and 2 artists. As for the site itself it will mostly be supported by donations/advertisers (if there is any advertiser interest) to keep the site up. The game(s) will also all be available open source on GitHub.
senbonzakura

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 10:07:51 AM

excellent !
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 10:46:54 AM

Hi, I am a hobbyist game developer who knows javascript/coffeescript, canvas, processing.js, and knows the ruby on rails framework. Let me know how I can get involved(for BTC of course). I will be especially interested once your game get released.

What's your tech stack?

Insu Dra

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 01:55:44 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2012, 02:09:01 PM by Insu Dra

A other hobby game developer here. I love the concept, been pondering about something like this as well.

I have Unity3D Pro, good C# experience (bit less in javascript) and a wide range of unused plug-in's licenses that I would be willing to trow at a project under the right terms. (Unity Park, uWebkit, ....) On a side note, I know my way around most apps I have no art skills at all.

Just trow me a pm if you have some questions or a concept that you would like to see on the site.
Or if your a artists with a game concept and a decent head start, feel free to ping me as well.  Wink

"drugs, guns, and gambling for anyone and everyone!"
GentleHat (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 01:44:26 AM

I've added a submit page with some info for other game developers to contribute, as well as got the game database system functioning.

Ideally we'll get a couple submissions as well as our own games up and running before doing any marketing type stuff. We also could seriously use a new logo if anyone would be up to the task.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 02:31:36 AM

http://www.isquared.ca/adam/PongPing.htm

GentleHat (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 04:44:57 AM

I must admit I spent far longer than I should have playing that.

Would it be alright for me to put it on the arcade, along with a link back there and your donation address?
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 05:47:38 AM

Don't forget to put up an Operation Fabulous banner to monetize the site!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 01:47:26 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2012, 01:58:15 PM by adamstgBit

Would it be alright for me to put it on the arcade, along with a link back there and your donation address?

yes, use it on the arcade site

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 02:02:38 PM

yes, use it on the arcade site

I find myself wondering if i should spend the time to make it 2 player, and allow the players to place bets ( first one to 10 point wins the 0.1 btc pot )

Smiley

GentleHat (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 04:10:03 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2012, 10:01:53 AM by GentleHat

Alright, PongPing has been added using the new game database system thingy. Would love to find some more Bitcoin-centric games we could showcase on the site. The games we are developing are coming along at a steady pace though, working on both the site and the games in the small amount of spare time we have has been difficult of course.
GentleHat (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 09:29:09 AM

Update: December 2012 Update!

In the last few months of downtime (took the site down for a complete redo) the site has been completely redesigned and we're taking the project a lot more seriously now. Two new bitcoin games as well - 51% Attack and Bitcoin Juggler - feel free to check them out on the site. Would really like to get some externally made games hosted on the site, so we can promote them as well. There's a form on the site to submit games to be put up, along with a link back to their website and their bitcoin address.

Check out http://BitcoinArcade.com and follow @BitcoinArcade on Twitter for updates. Hoping to develop a few more site features and a lot more games in the coming months!
GentleHat (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 09:40:31 AM

If you want, you can iframe my game on your website. It should work without trouble. Or make Kongregate-like API / shell and I'll add it to game.
Added this on and it looks great! Could I get your Bitcoin address and/or website to put with it?
GentleHat (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 03:09:39 AM

Hoping to add another game sometime in the next month. Also going to release everything with cleaned up source etc. Would love to be able to put some other Bitcoin-based games on the site if any developers are looking for exposure.
mokahless

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:07:11 AM

Hey awesome. Flash games but bitcoin based. Good job keeping the site up and running for so long as the games are pretty cool.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: