Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:10:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Worlds first crypto-currency with "Reversible Transactions" - Reversecoin  (Read 3507 times)
reversecoin (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:37:52 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 02:09:19 PM by reversecoin

With Reversecoin, you can create two different kinds of accounts: Standard Accounts and Vault Accounts. Standard accounts behave very much like your Bitcoin accounts and allow you to send and receive money for daily purposes. Vault accounts behave much like you bank savings account, where you can deposit large amount of coins and keep them safe from hackers. Each vault account has a configurable timeout and is backed by two key pairs, one online and one offline. You only need online keypair to transfer coins from vault. When you transfer your coins using online keypair, your transactions get confirmed after they live in blockchain for the timeout period.

If someone steals your online key pair and transfers coins to them, the transactions will have to wait in block chain for the timeout period. During which, you can use your offline key pair and reverse those transactions and restore your coins to your other address. You can also use your offline key pair for immediate transfer of coins in your Vault, instead of waiting for timeout period. In a sentence, Vault account has the ease of use of hot wallets (online account) and security of cold wallets (offline accounts). We are also working on a monitoring service, to send you real-time alerts, when your coins are transferred from your addresses. To know more about Reversecoin, read our white paper or even better checkout our website to play with the code, to see for yourself how Reversecoin works.

White Paper :
https://docs.google.com/a/reversecoin.org/document/d/1hMCkEQUYm9oFCQpxtIWFqVpt66pTQn1zCDW8WX0b7hw/edit

http://www.reversecoin.org/

Here is visual representation of reverse transactions :

http://www.reversecoin.org/images/reversecoin.jpg
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 04:38:22 PM

Reverse transactions? :O

Reading!

EDIT: Done reading.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hMCkEQUYm9oFCQpxtIWFqVpt66pTQn1zCDW8WX0b7hw/edit

Seriously? All you talk about is about Bitcoin's network function and almost the same text you have in the OP.
You should make a better presentation, if you'd like people to take you seriously.

Wish you good luck although, this could become big in the future, if it's legit.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 04:39:05 PM

lol

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
qun_sha

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:41:25 PM

Reversible is bad idea,really

KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 04:44:21 PM

Reversible is bad idea,really
It's a bad idea when you don't read the OP Tongue

brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:44:30 PM

Why would anyone want to accept your coin?
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:44:56 PM

So... chargebacks? Sure, I'll buy that Porshe from you...

Seems like a relatively bad idea overall. I guess we'll see though.

reversecoin (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 06:25:36 PM

Thanks for comments. Let me explain why Reversecoin is useful.
With Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies, once a transaction enters the blockchain, it can not be reversed. When a hacker gets access to account, all the coins are gone! Reversecoin has two kinds of accounts. Normal accounts and Vault accounts. Normal accounts behave the same as Bitcoin accounts. With Vault accounts, once the transaction enters blockchain, it stays in blockchain for in pending state for configurable amount of time (1 hour, 1 day etc ..). If some hacker has stolen your coins, this will be your chance to reverse the transaction and get your coins back. Else, you let the transaction confirm, by letting it wait in blockchain for the timeout period. This is very useful for storing large amount of coins safely online (think of exchanges, online wallets). If something bad happens (and sure it happens, once in while), you have a time machine to undo the bad things. Thats Reversecoin! Think of them like Coinbase Vault accounts, expect they are decentralized and free!.
earlz

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 08:07:19 PM

lololololololol

So, now on top of making people wait for confirmations before a transaction is considered final, there is now the vault-delay time period (which btw is recursive.. So, if you send from vault to A to B to C, C can not consider those coins safe until the vault-delay time is expired)

Yea, this sounds like a terrible non-solution to a problem that can be solved with other existing methods..

To elaborate on other ways to solve this problem:

* nLockTime and a limited access/offline "oracle" transaction generator/signer
* multisig with a centralized (though with 0 access to funds) "key" that only signs a transaction after a time period

I'm sure there's a few other ways as well

Check out my full list of Coin Reviews
Currently working on the Qtum Project
My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
reversecoin (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:37:46 AM

lololololololol

So, now on top of making people wait for confirmations before a transaction is considered final, there is now the vault-delay time period (which btw is recursive.. So, if you send from vault to A to B to C, C can not consider those coins safe until the vault-delay time is expired)

Yea, this sounds like a terrible non-solution to a problem that can be solved with other existing methods..

* multisig with a centralized (though with 0 access to funds) "key" that only signs a transaction after a time period

No. It can not happen like that. B can initiate transfer to C only, after the transaction is finalized. Also note that you use Vault accounts like your savings accounts. For securely storing your coins and infrequent withdraws. Not for regular transfers. For that you use the regular accounts, which are like normal Bitcoin accounts.

Secondly, there is no existing solution for this. Once a hacker gets access your private keys, nLockTime and multisig are useless. If you use a centralized entity transactions, you loose the strengths of Bitcoin. Reversecoin enables you to reverse transactions, with out the need of any centralized entity.

Also, here is a visual for better understanding: https://docs.google.com/a/reversecoin.org/file/d/0B3Lz3ptpsGceRkpaNU5NWEZWQmZ1b2tPR1ZrZms1NkdUekow/edit
KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 12:40:24 AM

lololololololol

No. It can not happen like that. B can initiate transfer to C only, after the transaction is finalized. Also note that you use Vault accounts like your savings accounts. For securely storing your coins and infrequent withdraws. Not for regular transfers. For that you use the regular accounts, which are like normal Bitcoin accounts.

Secondly, there is no existing solution for this. Once a hacker gets access your private keys, nLockTime and multisig are useless. If you use a centralized entity transactions, you loose the strengths of Bitcoin. Reversecoin enables you to reverse transactions, with out the need of any centralized entity.

Also, here is a visual for better understanding: https://docs.google.com/a/reversecoin.org/file/d/0B3Lz3ptpsGceRkpaNU5NWEZWQmZ1b2tPR1ZrZms1NkdUekow/edit
You need permission

MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:41:52 AM

ALL IN

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
reversecoin (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:48:14 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 01:01:37 AM by reversecoin

lololololololol

You need permission

Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Lz3ptpsGceNzFxOFdoaEl3U00/view?usp=sharing Thanks for reporting the issue Smiley
altcoin hitler

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:31:36 AM

haha

to the trashbin with it.

King of the real Bitcoin Foundation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
escrowman

Activity: 262

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:08:48 PM

after dev scam all investors ,reversecoin is already dead .

now ,most of coins be hold by two or three guys ,so i quit . good luck ..
LibertyFromBigGov

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 04:10:47 AM

I think this was an ingenious idea.  If the dev team can accomplish this it could be huge.  Time will tell.  I will monitor this coin and promote it like crazy if they have a successful rollout.
cointechno

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:01:35 AM

do you white paper only or is der any code

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
Framauro

Activity: 431

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:22:42 AM