Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:48:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info wallet problem  (Read 2384 times)
tonyq (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 879
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 08:58:27 PM

I just went to my blockchain wallet and A) My bitcoin weren't there to use and B) There was the following message,
 A security issue affects your account please archive it and contact support

Since then, someone else has sent me a payment to the wallet address and although it's in the blockchain with 15 confirmations it's not in my wallet  Undecided
I've contacted support as requested but not been answered yet.......anyone clever than me know what may have  happened?
I know they announced they had a security issue in the last 36 hours where 0.0002% of users were affected....Would it be that perhaps?
Are Blockchain holding my bitcoin?
 Huh
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:33:03 PM

Hacked?
Did you download something weird for the past days?
sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:36:12 PM

I just went to my blockchain wallet and A) My bitcoin weren't there to use and B) There was the following message,

Since then, someone else has sent me a payment to the wallet address and although it's in the blockchain with 15 confirmations it's not in my wallet  Undecided
I've contacted support as requested but not been answered yet.......anyone clever than me know what may have  happened?
I know they announced they had a security issue in the last 36 hours where 0.0002% of users were affected....Would it be that perhaps?
 Huh

They got frigged yesterday, a bunch of wallets compromised.  They also said they are reimbursing missing coins. Check reddit someone posted a list of effected addresses.
tonyq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:38:15 PM

Huh

They got frigged yesterday, a bunch of wallets compromised.  They also said they are reimbursing missing coins. Check reddit someone posted a list of effected addresses.

Thanks a lot.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:46:17 PM

Blockchain.info Security Disclosure

When making a scheduled software update overnight to our web-wallet, our development team inadvertently affected a part of our software that ensures private keys are generated in a strong and secure manner.

The issue was present for a brief period of time between the hours of 12:00am and 2:30am GMT on December the 8th 2014. The issue was detected quickly and immediately resolved. In total, this issue affected less than 0.0002% of our user base and was limited to a few hundred addresses.

We have sent an alert to all users who have potentially vulnerable addresses in their wallets, for which we have an email on file. We are committed to working with any affected users to assess and rectify any issues.

If you created a wallet, generated a new address via Blockchain.info’s web-wallet, or sent bitcoin from your wallet during this time period and have not provided us with your email address, please contact our support desk at support@blockchain.zendesk.com or simply create a new wallet.

Addresses, wallets and transactions created via the Blockchain.info iOS and Android apps, and the Chrome extension are not affected.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Blockchain.info Development Team

http://blog.blockchain.com/2014/12/08/blockchain-info-security-disclosure/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2onm5r/blockchaininfo_security_disclosure/

tonyq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:01:37 PM

Huh

I just went to this link http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2onl1y/at_least_hundreds_of_coins_were_stolen_from/ but I can't see a list of affected adresses
Is it the right page?
Thanks in advance.
tonyq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:46:34 PM

I found the list.....I'm not on it.
Thanks for the heads up.
sobitcoin

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:45:19 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheesy That must be a good feeling! Did you figure out wallet issue? I'd imagine BC support is tied up a bit at the moment! GL with everything.
tonyq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:09:11 AM

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheesy That must be a good feeling! Did you figure out wallet issue? I'd imagine BC support is tied up a bit at the moment! GL with everything.

All I have so far is an email from someone called Jade asking me to take a screenshot of the message.
As it appears for roughly 3 seconds before vanishing it's impossible.
I have told her this....I'll post the reply when it arrives.
 Roll Eyes
tonyq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:08:25 AM

Well, here's the reply:

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay in response. I've looked into your address and it is not flagged for a security error. If you have no other bitcoin addresses contained in your wallet, then your login credentials may have been compromised. You may have some type of malware on your computer that resulted in your funds being stolen, because your private information was somehow obtained. One of the most common types of these are browser extensions posing as bitcoin price tickers that are actually stealing your account information. There's also the possibility that you visited a phishing site posing as blockchain.info. Scammers send out phishing emails all the time posing as big named companies with the intention of stealing your login credentials. Using TOR to connect to your wallet could also result in a malicious exit node tricking your connection into appearing encrypted, but they are secretly stealing the information without you knowing.

By design, Blockchain.info never has access to users' accounts or bitcoins (more details here: https://blockchain.info/wallet/how-it-works). If you keep your password and private key backups secure, then your bitcoins are safe with blockchain.info. Since this information has been compromised, be sure to never use this wallet or addresses contained within it. I'd also highly advise against using the same password again. Sorry again that you had funds stolen from you. That certainly must be an extremely frustrating experience.

-----
Jade | Blockchain & ZeroBlock Support

Great eh?
sobitcoin

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:11:25 PM

Well, here's the reply:

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay in response. I've looked into your address and it is not flagged for a security error. If you have no other bitcoin addresses contained in your wallet, then your login credentials may have been compromised. You may have some type of malware on your computer that resulted in your funds being stolen, because your private information was somehow obtained. One of the most common types of these are browser extensions posing as bitcoin price tickers that are actually stealing your account information. There's also the possibility that you visited a phishing site posing as blockchain.info. Scammers send out phishing emails all the time posing as big named companies with the intention of stealing your login credentials. Using TOR to connect to your wallet could also result in a malicious exit node tricking your connection into appearing encrypted, but they are secretly stealing the information without you knowing.

By design, Blockchain.info never has access to users' accounts or bitcoins (more details here: https://blockchain.info/wallet/how-it-works). If you keep your password and private key backups secure, then your bitcoins are safe with blockchain.info. Since this information has been compromised, be sure to never use this wallet or addresses contained within it. I'd also highly advise against using the same password again. Sorry again that you had funds stolen from you. That certainly must be an extremely frustrating experience.

-----

Great eh?

Ugh. Sickening. I wish you the best Tony, it gives me goosebumps thinking about it.  Hopefully this gets sorted. Please please please use cold storage in the future.  I just got my woodwallet and it's really good... You probably know about these but here's a few options -  http://yocrypto.ca/crypto-currency-essentials/get-a-bitcoin-wallet/..... I can't help you out financially, I am so far in the negative myself, but if there is anything I can do to assist in another way let me know. I am so sick of seeing people scmamed every morning. Security needs to change =(
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:21:06 PM

Well, here's the reply:

Hello,

-----

Great eh?

Create a new wallet and import the backup.

Do your addresses still hold your coins or have they been moved?

tonyq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:22:38 PM

Well, here's the reply:

Hello,

-----

Great eh?

Ugh. Sickening. I wish you the best Tony, it gives me goosebumps thinking about it.  Hopefully this gets sorted. Please please please use cold storage in the future.  I just got my woodwallet and it's really good... You probably know about these but here's a few options -  http://yocrypto.ca/crypto-currency-essentials/get-a-bitcoin-wallet/..... I can't help you out financially, I am so far in the negative myself, but if there is anything I can do to assist in another way let me know. I am so sick of seeing people scmamed every morning. Security needs to change =(
Thanks for the concern, offer of help  and advice mate but don't worry, I didn't lose a lot.....quite a small amount really.
You sound like a good person.
tonyq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:24:51 PM

Well, here's the reply:

Hello,

-----

Great eh?

The address still holds the bitcoin, It just continues to show a balance of 0.00 when I log in.
But as I just said to the other poster, it was only a small amount.
I have now got another wallet from elsewhere.
sobitcoin

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:28:37 PM

Well, here's the reply:

Hello,

-----

Great eh?

Thanks for the concern, offer of help  and advice mate but don't worry, I didn't lose a lot.....quite a small amount really.
You sound like a good person.

That's nice of you thanks.  To be honest I am just tired of seeing innocent people get screwed over. I sit here all day promoting cryptocurrencies, It kind of leaves you feeling responsible when the people you are promoting this stuff to are get their coins taken =(  Glad you didn't lose much friend.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:51:37 PM

this is f#cking scary, time to move my coins on Hive or Bitcoin Core
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:43:17 PM

The address still holds the bitcoin, It just continues to show a balance of 0.00 when I log in.
But as I just said to the other poster, it was only a small amount.
I have now got another wallet from elsewhere.

[/quote]

So, no problem then...

tonyq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:10:38 PM

Here's my bitcoin.......0.094
https://blockchain.info/address/14AruVWoD9a4f2hhveZj8N1d2AA2etTRwP

Can nobody tell me how to get it back?
 Undecided
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:08:06 AM

WTF happen to blockchain.info now
Luckily i didn't create any address during that time.

Is this time to change wallet ?
Even bitcoin.org remove blockchain.info from their site  Sad

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
karthus

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:25:42 AM

this is a huge problem, most people just over look it, but I found this reddit link that totals more then 450 btc only based on blockchain wallets.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2nkias/this_is_a_list_of_rbitcoin_users_who_had_their/

once you look at that, that just shows you everyone needs to move their coins.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: