Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:58:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error opening block database 0.9.3 - log file data  (Read 1256 times)
Katie54 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:56:21 PM

I'm looking for help on this issue:

Ubuntu 14.04 box
Any time I shutdown (with success, waiting) and re-open/reboot bitcoin-qt, I get the following error and then have to re-index.  Very frustrating!  ~24 hrs+

Originally I installed via the PPA what I guess was version 0.8.5
The I downloaded 0.9.3 as an upgrade...but

0.8.5 i think is what is installed to .bitcoin folder
0.9.3 is in a Downloads folder/bin/32/bitcoin-qt

If I run either, I always see the splash screen with 0.8.5
0.8.5 seems to be the icon on the Unbuntu launch bar
yet when I run cmd line on the 0.9.3 version to launch, I also see the 0.8.5 version

Either way, launching either method gives me the re-index issue.

I only have one log file in .bitcoin, which says:

Unacceptable log file /home/user/.bitcoin/database/log.0000000001: unsupported log version 17
Invalid log file: log.0000000001: Invalid argument
PANIC: Invalid argument
process-private: unable to find environment
process-private: unable to find environment

Can anyone help me figure out what to do to resolve this mess?
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:41:04 AM

Seems you did not upgrade via the PPA. Why not? It helps putting things at the right location, to avoid things like you are experiencing.

A workaround could be to specify the bitcoin data directory when you run the executable from your Downloads folder. But cleaning up the mess would be better.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: