Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:04:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Payment Module for Magento  (Read 9769 times)
bj0rn (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 03:38:00 AM

I'm really eager to get a full Bitcoin solution setup for my Magento store.

Unfortunately, I'm just a designer and probably can't be much help creating one; especially a sophisticated solution that would average exchange rates, automatically create unique keys, and notice when a payment is received.

Are there any others who'd be interested in this extension and might be willing to help get it developed?

The Magento userbase is huge; a well-made extension could really open a floodgate!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 07:06:41 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2012, 03:17:26 PM by MemoryDealers

--------------4-12-2012----- UPDATE-----------------

I now have the Magento module installed from http://paysius.com/plugins

It works great!

Thank you Paysius!

Please feel free to test it out by ordering something from www.memorydealers.com

bj0rn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 04:21:08 PM

Awesome; email sent!

Are there any others who might be eager to contribute to this project?
F4C3

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 07:23:54 PM

Wow, for a 10btc bounty I'll definitely man this project.

However, would just like to say that others have promised bounties for both the whmcs and the zencart modules I wrote, never received a single donation...
bj0rn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2011, 03:59:26 AM

Awesome to see so much enthusiasm! F4C3 do you have lots of experience in Magento? I would definitely match Casper's 10BTC for something the whole community would benefit from! (it would be my first transaction Smiley)

I know there are at least a couple other interested parties that MemoryDealers has contacted... Perhaps we can get a sizable pool together to really reward this being done perfectly? I think the most appreciated functionality for Magento would be automatic payment verification and invoice creation, pushing orders to ready-to-pack without needing to manually check receipt, just like a credit card or PayPal transaction...

I saw that there's a great script that pulls the 5-minute weighted USD exchange rate from MtGox—perfect for figuring out how to value the transaction in checkout! http://sanescreen.org/converter/

...and I was just shown by a programming friend that there is already a PHP API: http://www.nostate.com/3962/bitcoin-php-a-php-library-for-bitcoin/ — this should make it way easier!

As a designer I'd be eager to help make the interface the smoothest experience possible, and would be happy to create any layouts that are needed.

I don't have any experience with current checkouts (I'm going to go try some right now Smiley) so I'm unsure how this would best work... Does anyone have some personal experiences they can share regarding current checkout processes with Bitcoins, and what would be best in a perfect world—from both a user's and store owners point of view?
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2011, 06:47:42 AM

I also set up a facebook group for this project.
I am not sure how useful that can be for this.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bitcoin-for-Magento-Shopping-cart-plugin/121206584627332?sk=wall

Email me at roger@memorydealers.com if you have any ideas or are willing to help.
I am happy to pay directly anyone who can get a decent plug in up and running.

F4C3

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 11:23:11 PM

The plugins I mentioned are at Github https://github.com/jalder

I'll get started on the magento plugin this weekend if there isn't any existing codebase.

Will keep you updated.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2011, 11:29:18 PM

F4C3,
Can you contact me directly at roger@memorydealers.com ?
I would like to work with you on this.

orgoniseafrica

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 09:25:17 AM

I would want one too. Have no bitcoins yet (only heard about it yesterday) but have magento shop (www.orgoniseafrica.com) and would definitely love to start accepting bitcoin on Orgonise Africa.
Still figuring out how to accept manual bitcoin payments, but that's not the way for me. It has to be automatic like paypal or credit card.
Georg 
charlie

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 09:32:42 AM

Wow, for a 10btc bounty I'll definitely man this project.

However, would just like to say that others have promised bounties for both the whmcs and the zencart modules I wrote, never received a single donation...

That's sad, where are those plugins hosted?

Casper

I feel sad 4 u to Smiley

If i get some BTC's and you complete this i'll send ya some as i have been looking for that zencart 1 for ages Smiley
bj0rn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 04:23:51 PM

I'd like to make a solid plan so we can move forward... F4C3 are you developing this? MemoryDealers are you hiring somebody to do this?
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 04:34:01 PM

Currently I am moving ahead at full speed.

I should have a more substantial update within this week.

F4C3

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 08:38:42 PM

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, though I do have a full time job and busy with LOTS of projects.

I do have some code down for magento already, though it isn't functional yet.

Would you guys prefer if I put what I have up on github so others can fork it and get this going quicker than a one man project can provide?
chaord

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 04:51:47 PM

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, though I do have a full time job and busy with LOTS of projects.

I do have some code down for magento already, though it isn't functional yet.

Would you guys prefer if I put what I have up on github so others can fork it and get this going quicker than a one man project can provide?

+1 on putting what you have on github Smiley
ben-abuya

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 02:30:56 PM

I'm also interested in Magento integration and might start working on it myself, so it would be great to see what people have done so far.

http://lamassubtc.com/
Lamassu Bitcoin Ventures
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 06:10:45 AM

Here is what the main guy (Brian) who is working on this said:
I've now got the bitcoin settings in the admin pages so it can be turned on and off, and I have a test product in the store.  Next is adding the code to talk to the local bitcoind.  That code exists already at bitcoin.org.  I'm too busy to make that priority #1 but its moving along.

This weekend I am doing speeches at 2 different events around the Bay Area about bitcoin!  That's why I'm busy now.  One of them is going to be tough and technical, for the Bay Area Hackers Association in SF.  They want technology and crypto talk.  The other is at a floating anarchist festival out on the delta near Stockton.  They will pick me up in a speedboat and drive me out to the event!  That one is Saturday at noon I think.  So I am busy preparing two different speeches.

Bitcoin hit $32!

Crazy!

B

I'm not sure what his ID is on the forums here, but I imagine he would love some help!

ben-abuya

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 06:23:07 PM

Hey Guys,

Let's discuss here what kind of features we're looking for in Magento. I just got it running locally and I've been fooling around with tweaking it and reading up on the dev docs.

Here are the features I'd like:

- Add Bitcoin as a currency
- A tool to adjust prices based on MtGox exchange rates would be cool
- Remove billing address stage in checkout -- isn't that the whole point of bitcoin?
- Bitcoin payment module that connects to bitcoind
-- Generate a unique bitcoin address per order
-- Optionally require 0 or more confirmations before accepting the order
-- Display confirmations on the admin order page

I've never used Magento before, so I'm still learning the feature set. Are there features I missed? Which are highest priority?

Lamassu Bitcoin Ventures
gc40

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 05:40:03 PM

Here is what the main guy (Brian) who is working on this said:
I've now got the bitcoin settings in the admin pages so it can be turned on and off, and I have a test product in the store.  Next is adding the code to talk to the local bitcoind.  That code exists already at bitcoin.org.  I'm too busy to make that priority #1 but its moving along.

This weekend I am doing speeches at 2 different events around the Bay Area about bitcoin!  That's why I'm busy now.  One of them is going to be tough and technical, for the Bay Area Hackers Association in SF.  They want technology and crypto talk.  The other is at a floating anarchist festival out on the delta near Stockton.  They will pick me up in a speedboat and drive me out to the event!  That one is Saturday at noon I think.  So I am busy preparing two different speeches.

Bitcoin hit $32!

Crazy!

B

I'm not sure what his ID is on the forums here, but I imagine he would love some help!

Hey MemoryDealers, this is taking too long. I am willing to get my team of developer at the office to start developing this. Can anyone assist with funding?

I will follow the features needed such as a direct tie to MtGox exchange, if btc is selected as payment option the billing address becomes null, etc etc. I will finalize a list of things unless MemoryDealers can get his guy to put this as a priority 1 for people like myself who need it.
ben-abuya

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 06:05:17 PM

Hi gc40,

I'm working on this with Brian. We're both doing this as a side project so we can't work on it 24/7. I think the best way to do this is for us all to work on it together. Here's the project github page:

https://github.com/joshmh/magento_bitcoin

I'll be glad to help your devs get this working. Then we can get them onboard.

Lamassu Bitcoin Ventures
F4C3

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 07:09:00 PM

Okay, since I am quite a bit farther along than  ben-abuya with the module. I will be posting my version here shortly this evening.

I currently have the admin backend where you configure your RPC URL, and I also have the payment block that shows the visitor what address they need to send payment to, which is dynamically generated for each checkout session.  Obviously more features are needed, but this is a really good core for it.  My only concern is one of the other developers grabbing it and profiting, obviously that wouldn't make me feel good about the time I put into it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: